Interested in a GWC RPG campaign?

OK looks like we have definite interest. Who would be willing to run a campaign? I don’t feel like I understand things well enough to run & I’ve never run one before. I’d rather someone run who has done it before.

Oh, Gods yes. I’m in. I’m a little late to the day-old party, but this is right up Q’s (my 14-year old son) and my alley. We’re dice rolling D&D currently on Sundays with some friends from work. We’re in Germany, so the time thing would be wonky, but we’ll figure it out.

-Trey

Who here has DMed before?
Sent from my LG-C900 using Board Express

I have, but it’s been decades.

Pike if you feel comfortable doing it, I say go for it. Esp if we just do a quick dungeon crawl to get everyone familiar.

I have DM/GMed many times, and I really wish I could volunteer. But I can’t make the time commitment and I can’t video chat (Google+). Happy to offer tips to anyone though.

BTW, Abigal, really cool to hear you talk about Deadlands and Savage Worlds. I’m a huge of fan, and having been running a campaign for years. Friends and I are doing the Deadlands Reloaded Plot Point Campaign “The Flood” right now.
We only get together bout 5 or 6 times per year, so it’s taking a while. But fun! Could talk about it all day :).

Decades ago for me too, but only for a very small group. I’m also not familiar with any current systems which would make dming hard.

Let me look into it.

Same here; exactly my sentiment.

I actually really like Sunday evenings. If that’s the time, I can commit to it and reserve it. During the week, it’s dicier for me.

Same. I can but it has been a while.

[quote=“Starbuccaneer,post:29,topic:13762”]

I actually really like Sunday evenings. If that’s the time, I can commit to it and reserve it. During the week, it’s dicier for me.[/QUOTE]
I’ll third that. Sunday evenings would probably be the best of all available times for me.

Are we still pressing with this? Let’s do a good low-level newbie dungeon crawl to kick it off and figure it out as we go. Looks like Sunday evenings (which translates to Monday mornings for me (Germany)…Hmm…logistics) are the thought. Any chance Saturday nights could work? I’m far from the lynchpin in this, of course, but Saturday nights for ya’ll translates to Sunday mornings for me and would let Q and I participate. Or even Sunday early for ya’ll back in the world makes it Sunday afternoon/evening here…just thoughts and questions.

-Trey

I’m still very much for this. I check this thread daily (ok fine, nearly hourly) to check the progress. And there is nothing that says we are only allowed one session per week. It may prove that we get two games going, one on Sunday and another on a day more convenient for others. I think the hold up right now is finding a GM for said endeavors.

I have very little experience as a GM (see: one session about 4 years ago) so I wouldn’t mind trying it again down the road, but I’d prefer to be a player for a time before that, just to acclimate myself to table top RPGs again.

Is it still a table top RPG if it’s all online and there is no table involved? :confused: hmmmmmm.

I won’t presume to speak for Pike…
But there’s like a 100 steps and details to work out before if even makes sense to talk about which day of the week.
Which game system? What kinds of characters? Creating those characters? How to communicate? Dice rolling? Map or no map? I’m just sayin ya’ll.

Yeah…good call. All valid points. STOP MAKING SO MUCH DAMNED SENSE!

-Trey

My excitement refuses to listen to your argument! I’m just fraking anxious. My brain knows all the steps needed to be taken, but the enthusiasm seems to wad it all up into a small ball labeled “insignificant crap in the way of playing.”

The biggest thing is setting a time. I’ve found a one-off RPG that has minimal setup and mechanics. We should use something like that the first time.

Cool. Sorry, just stickin my nose in and projecting :slight_smile:

Sunday’s would work for me as well. However, I work every other Sunday so would not be able to join any earlier than 5pm Eastern on those days. By all means this should not hold everything up though

Hrm. Right now, late (like, after ten Eastern) works for me most days. Weekends I can do earlier (c. 3:00 to 6:00 EST.) So, who’s up for 10:00pm (7:00 pacific) on Saturday, or 5:00pm (2:00 pacific) on Sunday? If not, toss out times that work better.