Holiday Special Suggestions

Hehe, yeah, I love it too! How cool is the Scrubs cast for doing this?

Speaking of the Star Wars Holiday special. I found something worse.

//youtu.be/3Dnu-lIKn1g

Target has a 3-pack of Xmas Story, Nat’l Lampoon’s Xmas Vacation, and Elf for like $33. Which, if you don’t have 'em, they’re all total essentials. Vacation tends to get overlooked.

I just wanted to add that, I know that the Trinity have been hesitant so far to venture out of Sci-Fi. But, I would love to do a Die Hard Christmas watch. It would be fun to do with this community. Stepping outside the comfrot zone of the stated theme is a little risky, I know. However, I would say that with BSG ending it might be time to play a little with how they want to podcast itself to cotinue (I certainly hope it does). This might be a good way to test a little.

Seconded for sheer awesomeness.

The GWC wants to celebrate Christmas with you, their loyal listeners by watching that Christmas classic about:

1. The importance of twinkees
  2. Blowing sh!t up
  3. Watchband load tolerances

GWC. Talking about craaaap and stuff for two years baby.

Thirded!

You’ve got my vote also.

I dare say that you could just go ahead and pick a date, and we’ll make it a frak party. I bet a bunch of people will show up for it. I’ll reserve a conference room for us, in Nakatomi Plaza building.

Yes-Yes -Yes

Me too. Yes -yes.

The truth of the matter is, whatever is decided will be fun.

Two things to be aware of when making the reservation:

1. Avoid rooms on the unfinished floors…they are crawling with Germans
  2. If they offer you the executive conference room at a discount say no, it has an unpleasant smell

Ok…how is this for:

FRAKKING KICK-ARSE HOLIDAY ARC, Y’ALL!

Overall thot: combine long form and short form Christmas goodness.

'cast 1: Charlie Brown Christmas, entr’acte: Scrubs Charlie Brown Christmas
'cast 2: A Christmas Story, entr’acte: Garfield Thanksgiving Special (because…good lord, how many times do they need to mention this people???)
'cast 3: Die Hard, entr’acte: Star Wars Holiday Special (5 minute version)

This may be old news for most, but the house in Cleveland that was used in the movie is now a not for profit “museum” of sorts. That’s right, open during the Season and the rest of the year, it’s all there including a certain major prize (and, of course, a gift shop). Also available through the web (via the museum’s site as well) directions to 2 Chinese restaurants in the area that replicate the surroundings and food of the Christmas feast enjoyed by the family (Fra - ra - ra - ra - ra).

Now, that’s some quality Christmas programming that I can get behind. You got my vote. Make it so.

There’s talk of a meetup.

Sounds fun. I’d go for it.

What? No Gremlins? :eek:

Ok, so at the risk of losing all the man points, I dare ask: who would join me for When Harry Met Sally Frak Party sometime in the middle of December? If none of you are interested, please forget that I ever asked.

Well shut my mouth. OT - A day late and a dollar short.

The forum may need a gift giving/wanting thread. To reduce Holiday Season stress. To help find the perfect gift for a loved one. Much more importantly, to help get a perfect gift from just about anybody.

The interest in the Peanuts’ TV shows (and, yes, I saw the Christmas show the first time it was run) causes me to suggest giving or asking for the splendid hard back book compilations of the strips from the early years: Peanuts 1953 - 1953/1954 - 1955/1955 - 1956. It’s all there - the transformation from cute to very edgy, very sad and very funny.

No, no…man points just tripled. Awesome movie.

right there with you. I’ll make us some apple pie a la mode, but with the ice cream on the side. oh, and I’ll make sure to heat the pie, unless I’m out of strawberry ice cream. in that case I’ll put whipped cream on it–only the real kind, if it’s out of a can, then nothing :smiley:

“Nothing? Not even the pie?”
“No, just the pie. But then not heated.”