Holiday Special Suggestions

All,

As noted in podcast 123 the crüe is looking for suggestions of what to watch and podcast for holiday specials. Include suggestions for Thanksgiving, Christmas as well as any smart aleck suggestions for other holidays…I am looking at you, Arbor Day suggestor!

Enjoy.

A Christmas Story

That’s just a given

Agreed!

The Nightmare Before Christmas works for both Halloween and Christmas. Accordingly, “someone on the forum” suggested doing it in November. The midpoint would be right around Thanksgiving.

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation!!

“Shitter’s full!!” I love that film.

I know it’s not a traditional holiday film but I always watch Die Hard sometime during the season.

I really dig Bill Murray so I also vote for Scrooged.

A quick comment from ChuSeandra on the Star Wars Holiday Special might be fun. I remember being so excited about it as a child. My dad fell asleep during it and I remember feeling really weird while watching. It didn’t feel or look right. Everything seemed out of place. It was like when your freaky aunt and uncle did their Vaudeville act. crickets What? You didn’t have a weird aunt and uncle?

oooh, great one. :smiley:

I really dig Bill Murray so I also vote for Scrooged.

That reminds me of this list. :stuck_out_tongue:

Gremlins. Oh yeah.

All great picks. And they all qualify as Xmas flicks. As do Lethal Weapon and Brazil.

Christmas Story seems like the obligatory one to start with. Hell, I could go for two or three this year. But I’m an Xmas guy.

If Xmas Story is the one chosen, us Cleveland/Northeast Ohio Alpacas gotta meet at the Christmas Story house, if only long enough to take a picture outside.

While probably not enough material for a 3 hour pod cast, what about A Charlie Brown Christmas?

Or A Charlie Brown Christmas, the Scrubs Edition?

//youtu.be/20Of_mna-Rs

I didn’t get through the whole video…but it definitely has potential

Tray. That. Is. Teh. AWESOMESAUCE!

With a side of awesome.

Speaking of wonderful holiday-themed movies based on comic strips, I cannot believe there have been no votes for the Garfield Halloween Special. Or, since I haven’t had a chance to listen to the latest 'cast yet, have Sean and Audra already mentioned incorporating it because of their deep and abiding love for it, which I share?

“Arr, I’ve killed men fer sayin’ less than that, but I’ll letcha live, seein’ as how yer the only man who’ll change me kitty litter.”

Ah, fond memories :smiley:

The Star Wars Holiday special.

You can’t beat it. Obnoxious dialog, the first appearance of Boba Fett, and Carrie Fisher so drugged out that she can’t stand up straight.

:smiley:

Okay, Christmas Story is great and all, but it’s my opinion that Brazil is worth a GWC rewatch any day of the week, Xmas or not (especially since I’d bet a good number of GWCers haven’t seen it). I think it could really spur some interesting thotfull discussions, much more so than the yucks and nostalgia that Xmas Story would inspire. And for what its worth, the dark and gritty Brazil has a lot more in common with BSG.
Just my 2 cents…

I second the motion for bad wookie backstory!

There actually is good SW cannon that comes out of this–um–“special” piece of something special.

ZOMG!

This must happen.

Can we do the five minute version? Please?

only way I’d even consider it

Sweet Jeebus that was bad when it first aired 30 years ago. DO. NOT. WANT.
Fisher singing will make your ears frakkin bleed!