Hockey anyone?

Well I’m a longtime GWC listener and I also love hockey, wondering if there’s anyone else on the boards who feels the same.

I love me some Hockey. I am a Tampa Bay Lighting fan. I try to catch some games on TV but it is really a sport that is meant to be watched live. Its by far the best sport to watch in person.

I do not like hockey, but I went to The Pond for a Ducks game a good, gosh, 10-12 years ago or so and it was awesome (except for the steep incline of the seats - I can’t believe that’s up to code).

I recommend to anyone who is on the fence about hockey to watch a live game. It is so much better there. I actually prefer to watch most sports on TV but there is nothing like a live hockey experience. Especially when you get to see blood on the ice!!:smiley:

Devils fan reppin

Chicago Blackhawks fan. There was nothing like watching a game at the old Chicago Stadium. The new United Center is nice but just not the same.

My son plays hockey and my daughter plays ringette. I enjoy watching the WHL and Junior A teams in our small city. I’m on the edge of my seat during the Olympics and the World Cup and Junior World Cup. But I just can’t get into the NHL. I used to LOOOOOOVE NHL hockey and I had a crush on Bobby Orr while I was in elementary school, but since the expansion…sigh…I can’t put my finger on it, but the excitement is gone.

But that still leaves a LOT of great hockey!!!

Boston Bruins is my team. I enjoy watching and playing.

Yeah I’m the real oddball here. I’m born and raised in South Florida and I’m a die-hard Florida Panthers fan. Hockey is the only sport I like and I’ve played it for years now. Always wanted to go to U of Michigan or Wisconsin to play hockey and maybe go pro, but that obviously never happened.

I always get weird looks from people when explaining that I’m a Florida born hockey fanatic…

Yea i am a Florida based guy who loves hockey. But i am from Tampa so i cant like the Panthers.

LET’S GO RED WINGS!

I was born & raised in the Detroit area. Hockey is in the blood here!

I was actually, lucky enough to have worked for the in-stadium broadcast crew at joe Lewis arena for 5 seasons. That’s a LOT of hocke! :wink: I really enjoy hcokey, the college games are some of the most fun around. I must say though, I think hockey itself would be a lot more enjoyable & popular here in the US if the CBC wre doing the broadcasting of the games. They’re announcers are head & shoulders above any of the national announcers here in the US. When playoffs hit, I go to CBC for the coverage, not ESPN or Fox or NBC or ABC…whoever has it. Although I will give propr to NBC, they by far have come closest to good coverage out of them all.

It’s OK, I can’t like the Lightning. We’re doomed to forever be at war, just like humans and cylons…

Notice how I somehow made this thread about BSG.

I am also a big Hockey Fan! Love watching any Game of Hockey and My home Team will be the Flyers! I have a 11 game package and I agree for someone on the fence about Hockey go see it Live its the best way!

I am a life long Islander’s fan. Somone once asked my Dad if I was an Islander fan from back when they were good. My Dad replied that I was only in my 20s.

so my question out there to all us Hockey fans! what is ur favorite hockey movie!

Slap Shot, eh. Hanson brothers…enough said. :smiley:

Is there really any contest on the best hockey movie?!?! I mean seriously, nothing comes close to Slapshot.

XFD I was at the Isles game vs Sabres when they got into that massive brawl back in like october. Rocks.

Isles suck craaaaaap though =P

well slapshot is a classic! I do like Miracle!
and of course another kinda hockey movie we’ll not really but a lot of Hockey reference Happy Gilmore!

Slapshot by far, but the first Mighty Ducks is an old favorite.