Hockey anyone?

I admit i have never seen Slapshot somehow…

But i also admit i really like the first Mighty Ducks.

But my favorite is Miracle

i also really like Mystery Alaska

Man…last nights Wings game against Minnesota was a pathetic display of defense by the Wings! Sheesh!

My favorite things I have been able to see in person:

Roy/Ozzie fight
Stanley Cup win in 98 in DC
Seeing the Wings play at Maple Leaf Gardens the year before they closed it

Scariest thing I’ve seen:

Chris Pronger getting nailed in the chest with a slap shot & passing out on the ice.

i love the red wings . born raised wings fan and die one
:):cool:

All right, favorite hockey movies.

Tied for First: Miracle, Slapshot
Second: Mystery Alaska
Third: Mighty Ducks

I’ll be frank, I don’t love the Mighty Ducks movies as much as I used to since I’ve seen them enough that the nostalgic luster has kind of gone away.

Happy Gilmore.

Blackhawks fan from way back; can be a little dangerous being a Canadian and all but its in my blood

Love Mystery, Alaska too. Miracle is OK. I didn’t need the dramatization of the 1980 Olympic team win, watched that live as it happened. :slight_smile:

I honestly don’t follow any sports regularly.
If the Patriots are headed to the Superbowl I’ll start watching a few games leading up to it.
If the Red Sox are headed to World Series, etc. etc.

But I used to be a huge Boston Briuns fan. Hockey was big in our town growing up. 70s Briuns caption Johnny Bucyk lived in our town, and we know him. Later on Terry O’Riley lived in our town.
My brother and I got our picture taken for the town paper with Bobby Orr, Johnny Bucyk, Derek Sanderson, Ken Hodge and Phil Espisito.

I hear that the Briuns are finally good again this year.
Should I start watching?

One of my most prized posessions is a picture of “The Production Line” signed by Ted Lindsey & Gordie Howe. Unfortunately I was never able to get Sid Able, he had been sick for a long time before he died.

miracle on ice is one of my favorite movies (even though it’s disney). While my favorite team will always be the Minnesota Wild.

Hooray hockey! Add another one to the odd-ball Floridian who likes hockey too. Tampa Bay Lightning will always be my favorite team even if I don’t really follow anymore. But come January 22nd I will be reppin’ the Lightning at Philips Arena in Atlanta. Luckily I won’t have to brave it alone. It is a tough burden to bear however.

Have a blast at the game … Seeing a live game is so much better then tv. I am a big flyers fan so sorry won’t be cheering for Tampa but I will say I do like there goalie Nitty ex flyer of course

Went to a Ducks game once with my dad. Was fun but the steep seating made me nervous. I like hockey, but like soccer, the difficulty in scoring makes me, I don’t know, nervous or something. It just seems so DIFFICULT.

Sharks fan here. I love hockey. Its the only professional sport I follow despite playing both soccer and basketball growing up. I think it has a lot to do with the Sharks being the only pro sports team in San Jose for a long time.

GO SHARKS!!!