GWCNYC Star Trek Into Darkness - Sunday, May 19th

Planning has begun for a meet-up in NYC to see Star Trek Into Darkness.

We are planning on seeing a Matinee on Sunday May 19th. Don’t know what theater or time, but likely mid day to allow us to have a quick bit to eat afterwards before dispersing.

We have a Facebook event started, as well as using GroupMe to plan (I don’t have the links available, but I am sure one of the group will post the links here).

Sundays are tough for me…but I could probably skip out on one big hockey game for this…is Sunday locked in as definite?

I would say it is 99% confirmed for Sunday, it was the best day for the group as a whole (at least the 5 or so that had already committed to coming).

Not sure when or which theater yet, but the date is pretty locked down.

Ready for the full volume pre-movie comic paperback? It comes out next week.

Fenatic… Got your message, but can’t reply. The this https://www.facebook.com/events/240719909406266/?ref=14 if that doesn’t work hit me up in FB, I am Kristin Wall on there. I thought I invited everyone on my friends list, but I can’t keep everyone straight…

Thank you, bit of confusion regarding the PM and the forum and links, etc. Got it sorted now.

I put in my request to have that day off, and it looks like I’ll be there.

I’ve been working too many closing shifts to do frak parties lately and it will be good to see you all again.

has there been a time and a location decided yet? I want to get my tickets early this time…

We have not, in fact I haven’t even checked if the times are posted yet.

I know we wanted early afternoon or late morning…

Preference on IMAX vs regular vs 3D?

I won’t be in NYC but I also plan to attend a Sunday matinee!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No on 3-D please (my neck still twitches from the Hobbit experience…)

Afternoon would be better for me. Don’t really care about IMAX or 3D one way or the other.

Afternoon would be good for me. I don’t care what type of showing we go to, although I will be surprised if there is an IMAX that isn’t 3D. I’m OK with a regular showing and it may be a little cheaper.

Well so far our normal theaters don’t have times posted…so if they are not posted on Monday we’ll likely do Union Square, abd we can make a bonus stop off at Forbidden Planet, and there are lots of little places to eat down that way.

Sounds good. They will probably post them soon.

Movie times are posted for AMC Lowes on 34th Street:
http://www.fandango.com/amcloews34thstreet14_aaqcr/theaterpage?date=5/19/2013

This is coming up soon, lets pick a time. Is 2:15pm at the 34th street theater good for everyone?

Yes to AMC at 34th, 2:15 show. And early dinner after?

Yes, there are a few good restaurants right around there.

Sounds good to me…whooo I can sleep in a day!!!

I’m going to get my ticket today, we all should do the same based on past experiences there