GWC Steam Group

Do you have a multi-core processor? The 3.0 Ghz is for single-core.

Onboard graphics chips can also be holding you back. My Windows laptop doesn’t support Shader Model 2, which basically means it can’t run games later than 2003.

Yeah, that is single core. The requirments are here:
http://www.l4d.com/game.htm

I don’t have it yet, but I am strongly considering it. For those that do, how do you think it would run at just above the minnium requirments given? (I have a 3.2Ghz single core processor and a ATI Radeon 9800 PRO 128 MB version)

I joined the group. :slight_smile: I play Left 4 Dead.

Hey y’all – I joined up a few days back (same username). While I’m not really that big into FPSs, I’m all for the idea of a GWC gaming community.

On a related note, I’ve been thinking a lot about EVE lately. I haven’t played it in a couple of years, but ever since they integrated into Steam, I’ve been considering resubscribing. Does anyone else in the group currently play? Would anyone in the group be interested in playing and forming a GWC corp? I know Sean has talked about EVE before, but I don’t know if he is currently playing. If so, we should try to get him to grab Steam.

I’ve played Eve in the past but I’m inactive at the moment. Presumably my character is still sitting in a station somewhere around Intaki prime. I’ve thought about starting back up again from time to time too but don’t know if I’m ready for the time sink of an MMO again.

Hello everyone. =)

I’m new to the forums but have been listening to the podcasts since season 2. I play a lot of Team Fortress 2 and figured I would join your steam community. It would be great to get in some games with you folks. I hope to see all of you online soon.

Just wanted to let everyone know I haven’t forgetten about this. I want to get a community game going sometime in the near future. What do you guys think? Team Fortress 2?

Either TF2 or L4D. New Scout update just came out for TF2. (Boink!)

New Scout update just came out for TF2. (Boink!)

Sweet! When everyone is playing scout to try it out I can light them all on fire!

I have a busy few days coming up, but this weekend would be pretty good for me. Maybe Saturday afternoon?

I would vote for TF2, because it acomdates more people, but L4D would be fine in the mode where some people are the Zombies.

Yay, the Scout update is officially out! How many people could we get together for, say Sunday? Feel free to invite friends. I’ll only schedule it if we can get enough ( >10?) people together.

I can bring myself.

I just joined up. Im not a big PC gamer because i only have a lap top and those are not easy to game on. I mostly play RPG but do some other type games. I am currently Downloading Galatrix however.

I figured I’d bump this, since this nice new forum got started up. We’re still pretty low on members, so any new Steam users out there? If we get some more active members we can do some neat community stuff.

I’m on Steam, but the only game I have at the moment is Day of Defeat: Source. I’ll try to remember to join the group this evening.

I think the problem is that there are too few of us with too many different games. We might be able to set up an event for a specific game in advance if we can get some people. Left4Dead might work, since you only need a few people. Team Fortress would be great, but its needs around 10 to make a really good game out of it.

I now have a Steam account thanks to being gifted with Portal recently. I will try to remember to join the group this evening. I am planning on getting TF2 after the next expansion when it goes on sale for $10!

OK, joined. Names Aset.isis

So… Who has Modern Warefare 2 on STEAM?

I DO, and it’s fricken awesome.