GWC Steam Group

As promised, I created a Steam group for GWC!

For those who don’t know, Steam is an online PC gaming community and download service.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GWCGamers
Right now the group is public, so anyone can join. We might also have a section where you can post your GWC handle and you Steam handle so we know who is who. I set the group so that anyone can post group events or announcements if they want to set up a community game day.

Let me know if you need help with any technical issues.

Yeah, come and join us! We could use some more members. Once we get enough, we can schedule games and stuff.

We must pimp this community! Join us!

<— Still hasn’t forgiven Microsoft for buying Bungie.

Heard ya pimpin the group on the live podcast (I was Guest 12), so I’ve finally joined the forum and joined the group on Steam.

Welcome aboard Waterman! Funny to see what gets different people to make the jump to the forums.

Yes, pimpage… I missed most of the live cast but we need to pimp this out and get everyone to join.

Thanks! I had mostly been not registering as I spend WAY too much time on various forums… I only discovered BSG when I blind bought the HD DVD of season 1. Then watched everything else and was caught up to live by Season 4 Episode 4. And I just discovered GWC about 2 weeks ago. I’ve been listening to lots of the old ones, and just finished last summer’s Star Wars arc today.

Joined. Steam ID is in sig.

Ok chums, I’m in. BTW, I have an extra copy of Half Life 2 if anyone wants it. I can legitimately give it to you.

Let me know.

OK…I am a gamer…what is this “Steam” thing?

What is Steam?

I have an extra copy of HL2 as well, if anyone needs it.

Which, if you call yourself a gamer, you do.

So do I, some to think of it. On top of that, the Orange Box is cheap these days - $27 dollars until January 2, and normally $30.

ok, I am in :slight_smile:

I see…I really don’t play those type of games. In fact I’ve never played Half Life at all =/

So, you are a gamer, and you have never played Half-Life, and three people here have extra (legal) copies they can give you… I’m just saying.

Half-Life 2 isn’t a multiplayer game unfortunatly, and the main point of the Steam group is to play friends online, but still, you can join and see what we are playing and if its anything you would be interested in.

P.S. Who has the Alpaca Inside icon? That is awesome.

Welcome to GWC, Waterman!

I love gaming but I’m not very good at it- I’ll check out the Steam website for sure though!

In case anyone hasn’t seen it yet, Steam is currently having a sale on everything in their catalog; everything is 10-75% off. I just picked up a couple of games last night, including L4D. Anyone up for killing some zombies sometime over the New Year’s weekend?

I’d play L4D if I could - unfortunately my little notebook (the only computer I have right now) can’t even begin to run it. 3.0Ghz? Really? That seems a bit excessive.