GWC Podcast #216

This week: It’s all leather all the time here at GWC as Mr. The Destroyer opens a restaurant and Xena meets Callisto. We also run down the week in geek, including Blockbuster Video’s Avatar look-a-like contest, new Avatar 2 details, Macross creator Carl Macek’s untimely death, Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith’s new MIB3(D) commitment, and DARPA’s flying car (spandex optional).

Direct Download
Blog Post

In the PR business it’s argued that no publicity is bad publicity, especially when it’s free. However, after that beginning I’m sure Blockbuster would beg to differ… :wink:

Ferris!

Also, this:

And this:

//youtu.be/72d5-xP5SnM

Audra has never seen Silence of the Lambs? It should be on your must-see list!

I haven’t found any Barbarian pastries in the store yet…Imma keep looking for them.

And thanks to Sean’s sis (Gandrina on the forum) for babysitting Squeaker on Friday nights so that we can get our GWC fix. :smiley:

I myself am not bothered by this, but since this is a “family-friendly podcast” it’s worth noting there’s a missing bleep at 25:28. :wink:

I hearby nominate Silence and the sorta-prequel Manhunter as this year’s creepy movies for the Halloween edition.

once again, NOT ME!

I just thought of another non-D-bag Trek admiral - Tom’s dad.

That brings the total to 4 that I can think of (Kirk, Janeway, Ross (the DS9 Dominion War fleet commander), and Paris).

It wasn’t me! I didn’t – I never…

Sorry, I’m still trying to match names and voices, but one of you guys mentioned being introduced to the Anime Karas, and liking it a lot.

Well, if you enjoyed that, you’d love Garo, which is like a live action version of karas, in a lot of ways, with really good CG effects. A lot of people see live action hero shows as Power-Ranger-ish…this show completely shatters all those preconceptions. There were only 25 episodes, but they’re all worth watching.

You can’t really get it on DVD, but you can get a wonderful fansubbed version here: http://www.tvnihon.com/tracker/browse.php?cat=43

I know you may have doubts at first, but seriously, give it a chance. After turning me on to Firefly, I think I should have a chance to return the favor. :smiley:

Here’s a taste for you :slight_smile: Thanks to those who taught me to do this.

//youtu.be/snjSRZ3FOOU

Chuck mentioned that for the next Fantasy Sci-fi, all gods.

I call Kirok!

Dibs on Ares cause I got the card already lol

is this the real video?

//youtu.be/Vy3fsj-aGWw

Yeah, as far as I can remember, that’s it. At the time, it wasn’t all that weird.

Hansioux, how do you post a youtube video here? All I get is a bunch of code when I paste the embed script.

You don’t paste the entire code. You just use a short chunk of the code, which varies from video to video. If you quote a couple of successful embeds from elsewhere on the board, you’ll get an idea of where to cut. If I knew more specifically, I’d tell you. A little trial and error, and you’ll figure it out.

It looks like this… but lose the spaces in the brackets:

[ youtube ]72d5-xP5SnM[ / youtube]

it took me a while to figure that out too. Take the below video for example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy3fsj-aGWw

The code is
[] [/] with the text youtube in it

but instead of the whole link, you only put what comes after the = in between [] [/] with youtube in it, which is Vy3fsj-aGWw

It’s in the faq (see my sig.)

Short version: you use the part after the “v=” in the vid’s URL.

Ross is… debatable. You know he was in cahoots with Section 31 in that episode where he and Sloane totally screw over Romulan Senator Cretak while using Bashir as a pawn. He’s one of those admirals who more or less will do whatever it takes to preserve the Federation, but not necessarily go out of his way to be a d-bag.