GWC Podcast #128

I can’t wait to see Mystique’s boobs in your avatar.

just make sure you give us warning so spoilerphobes like me can put our fingers in our ears and say “la la la la la” :smiley:

If there are spoilers, we won’t talk about 'em! You heard what cackleberry said.

Adura I LOVE that avator!!

Beachbum’s back! Beachbum’s back! :smiley:

uh…

The new phonebook’s here!

I am happy in both instances! :smiley:

Hmmm…I have seen the first two…not the three. Strangely as one of the biggest spoilerphobes I know I don’t think I care if they spoil the last one. It is already a very documented universe…so how many spoilers can there really be?

thanks, I would have forgotten. :smiley:

anyone notice that the tv in the supermarket-at the very start of the movie- is playing former Pres. Bush. He is clearly saying “This aggression, with Kuwait, will not stand!”
… which, of course, Walter then quotes numerous times throughout the rest of the film.

Also, one of my most favorite parts… very beginning of the movie, The Dude writes a check for … (was it) $0.98.
Nice.

Way to do a cast on the one movie that I’ve probably seen more times than all 6 star wars combined.

It’s one of the Dude’s repeats, too, among “vagina?,” “in the parlance of our times,” and so on. I love that about him.

Even funnier: $0.69. Really.

Thanks! And FWIW, I’ve probably seen it more times than all six SW flicks, too. And I’ve seen the SW flicks, well, more than a few times. :slight_smile:

Just noticed a little misstep @ around 47:58 of the 'cast.

Chuck said, “I’m probably gonna have to bleep this later.”

But doesn’t :eek::smiley:

I could swear I did it. I guess I did it but forgot to group the track components in ProTools before moving them. Doh.

Oops. My bad. Think I should go through the whole process and replace the existing file or just leave it?

Nah. I was laughing to myself the entire podcast as you all were channeling your inner Lebowski. I am fairly confident we have never had as many beeps in one cast as we did for the Lebowski cast…and I am ok with that.

Let the aggression stand, man. :smiley:

You said it, man! Nobody fraks with The Chuck.

I really don’t see why it is censored in the first place. It’s not like no one ever heard the word before. Our forefathers gave their lives so we could have freedom of speech.

Bill & Ted’s took place in San Dimas at San Dimas High School. I know few people that went to school there.

Honestly? Two reasons (in reverse order of importance):

1. We don’t have to set the iTunes “explicit!” flag.

I hate that flag. I’m with you that it doesn’t really matter, but I follow the rules whenever possible.

1. It’s funny as hell.

Just listening to me say f— every second word isn’t particularly entertaining. (It’s just normal. :)) But for some reason when it’s beeped it’s entertaining has hell. So though it’s more work, swear-with-beep is my first choice for podcasting.

The podcast discussion of the bleeping issue brought to mind the short-lived sitcom Action, featuring Jay Mohr and Ileana Douglas (the non-traditionally hot girl you’ll recognize from Cape Fear, Chasing Amy deleted scenes, and numerous others) – it was, to my knowledge, the first sitcom let the language roll and bleep it later, to hilarious effect.

It’s cheap at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Action-Complete-Will-Dotter/dp/B000CQQI8K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1228175566&sr=8-1

But once again, click the GWC Amazon link first:

…and a portion of proceeds go to keeping this fine ship afloat.

What did I say? Something about spoilers? I can’t even keep track of myself!

You’re right, it is absolutely hilarious. But I still can’t wait to meet you so I can see what you say IRL. Any Skype 'casts in the pipeline? I’d be happy to get up in the middle of the night to join in

Oh yeah, two of my favorite movies rolled into one:

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/154043/dude_runner.html

I do the same with my podcast. Wanted to say nice catch on the fact Flea was carrying a gun at the last showdown. I don’t know if I’ve ever noticed that before. My attention has always been elsewhere in the scene.