GWC Fantasy Sci-Fi Discussion

robot - Gort (Day the Earth Stood Still)

scientist - Dr. Reed Richards (Fantastic Four)

warrior - Worf (Duh!)

alien - Dalenn (babylon 5)

Lessee…Big frakkin indestructable robot, check…most brilliant mind in the Marvel U, check…Klingon Warrior extraordinaire, check…alien who is a tactician/diplomat/warrior, checky ckeck

I already drafted McKay get your own scientist =P

I built this team working from the concept that “Weebles wobble, but they don’t fall down.” Yeah, you can kill 'em, but they never stay dead.

Robot: Brainiac

Scientist: Dr. Daniel Jackson

Warrior: Buffy Summers

Alien: Thanos

Not to mention Thor.

Wow! I think we hijacked the podcast thread. :smiley:
Maybe we should create a dedicated thread for the FSFL.

This is sweet. When I was a kid my friends and I used to choose what superhero we wanted to be and using the trading cards as reference play out imaginary battles. Ahhh, the good old days. :rolleyes:

We definitely need to work out some rules and a system. There is a lot of interest so I think we should all give it some serious thought. It may need to be broken up into arcs like the podcast where the characters we choose are limited to one universe. Would the stats actually figure in to the match or will it just be voting? I like to think that the trios first run through will be a good test and this could be as bid as the frak parties.

On another note:

While Thor and Ba’al may have called them selves gods, they were far from it and far from Superman and totally acceptable.

I have to call Badger out on Thanos, he is more of a god than Sup. Unless he is Gauntletless. :stuck_out_tongue:

FYI-In choosing Leeloo you must also accept “Multi Pass” as your robot teammate.

I gotta back any team with Captain/Doctor Samantha Carter, doing anything else is just asking for trouble.

Or maybe its own forum. :slight_smile:

We definitely need to work out some rules and a system. There is a lot of interest so I think we should all give it some serious thought. It may need to be broken up into arcs like the podcast where the characters we choose are limited to one universe.

Perhaps even making the individual universes into to separate “leagues”, like sports teams, and then pitting the winners of each universe into a Multiverse Bowl. :smiley:

Would the stats actually figure in to the match or will it just be voting? I like to think that the trios first run through will be a good test and this could be as bid as the frak parties.

Indeed.

On another note:

While Thor and Ba’al may have called them selves gods, they were far from it and far from Superman and totally acceptable.

Agreed. OTOH, in the Stargate 'verse, I think “god” would definitely apply to ascended beings. Pre-ascension Adria, priors, and Anubis would still be open to interpretation, IMO.

I have to call Badger out on Thanos, he is more of a god than Sup. Unless he is Gauntletless.

Of course. Otherwise I would have used this — much cooler :stuck_out_tongue: — picture:

I gotta get my team out there

perhaps it should be called almost all Summer team

the hotness would be distrating, no doubt :smiley:

That, I think, is the first theme team I’ve seen! You rock!

I briefly considered transposing the crew of Red Dwarf…but decided against it :smiley: Cryton the robot, Lister the warrior, Krachanski the scientist, Cat the alien…

Ooh, ooh, can I play too? As long as someone is willing to talk me through it patiently and use small words. I’m new to this fantasy league stuff, but I have a team that I’m very excited about putting together.

I’m leaving town tomorrow, so I don’t have time for the graphics (not sure I can figure them out anyway) So here’s my team-

Robot- Sunny, from I Robot

Scientist- Dr. Jekyll

Warrior- Zoe Washburne

Alien- Predator

Now how do I play this?

Jump in. This isn’t as complicated as Fantasy Football.

My wife’s (unofficial) team:

Robot: Optimus Prime
Scientist: Batman
Warrior: Chewbacca the Wookie
Alien: Spock (of Trekverse-2 AKA new movie trek)

Alright here’s my team!

Robot - Bishop

Scientist - Q

Warrior - Sarah Connor

Alien - SIL

Hrm. Off the top of my head.

Robot: Marvin (H2G2)
Scientist: Hari Seldon (Foundation)
Warrior: Neil (Legend of)
Alien: Alien (Alien)

You’re linking to the page, not the image.

Flickr seems to have moved the info for direct linking. Anyone?

Dawn, i adore your team! Sunny is a great robot to have. Zoe is pure awesomeness. As long as Predator and Dr. Jekyll aren’t dissecting their own team members, i think that is a great team.

Oh thank you! I have to admit I feel very badass right now. But I really believe that Predators are good guys (not to mention team players). Now Dr. Jekyll is another story…

Well, the one I posted could be considered a theme team since it’s the only one that’s all villains (that I’ve noticed), but yeah, that’s pretty good.

And I had been thinking of Cameron as the robot for the hero team I was going to put together.

And since this is all theoretical at this point for everyone except the Crue, you guys can feel free to use the people I picked in any of your theoretical teams.