GWC Fantasy Football League

I’m starting one up, ideally I’d like 8 teams or any even number there after. We’ll be playing on ESPN (Live stat tracking for the win) or Yahoo if it’s collectively decided to switch. Rules are malleable. Draft wise I’d like to do a live draft but I’m flexible.

Want in? Post or PM your email.

Im in ill send you my Email.

Awesome 2 down 6+ to go!

I’m tentatively interested. I’ve never tried before. I’m looking at the rules to see if it’s something I’d enjoy.

I once heard a nerd character describe it as “AD&D for jocks.” (:

I’m in!! Foootbaaaaallll!! Yay.

Football? Oh, you mean handegg!

Leave our sports alone and we’ll leave yours alone. d:

I actually run a free Yahoo! League as well (I think this is the year where I am finally happy with scoring rules, which are half the fun of being commish, I’ve found - the other half is that you have all the power). Promised the Mrs. I’d only be in one(hah!). I’m fine with whichever league, though I lean towards Yahoo!, which DOES have free scoring as of this season (otherwise no one would keep doing it).

I’ll wing you my e-mail.

Is there a way to do this with SCIFI? We could all pick our crews and then see (somehow) which spaceship would win. Besides Fantasy Spacewars sounds better than Fantasy Handegg. :stuck_out_tongue:

We call your “football” “soccer.” Because after ninety minutes of nothing happening, we want to punch someone.

Come to think, that seems to happen everywhere. :stuck_out_tongue:

Best right description I’ve ever seen!!:cool:

I’m on your side tanstaafl and had a little hope that this Fantasy League would have really been about football! And this is crushed…

The actual etymology isa bit more interesting. Essentially, ‘football’ refered to games played on foot (as opposed to the aristocrats’ horse-based entertainment.)

I agree, learning the etymology of “Football” is much more interesting than the sport itself. :stuck_out_tongue:

Bah! Haters. d:

Oh you guys and your tangents.

As of right now, 6 teams have been sent invites or accepted them =D

Two more if you please good sirs and ladies

Please? Good sirs and ladies? Who are you and what have you done with Default Prophet? :eek:

The one year I decide to actually give the Premier League a go.

Go Spurs!

I only follow one NFL team…so I’m not so good with all the ins and outs of who’s good and what-not with other players.

That, and I barely have time to watch a game, much less figure out what is going on everywhere else.

Hawthorn Hawks!!! Wooooooo!!!

Wait, what are we talking about here?

Is this a free league? I’m interested but poor!

ExacTly, that was a very uncharacteristically Sean/Shawn/Shaun response. Perhaps Sports is like religion, things can go south fast when discussing. Good thing we at GWC are above such petty things as arguments. I am glad we can at least agree that NASCAR is not a sport. :smiley:

Opps I did it again, I played with your heart, got lost in the game. :stuck_out_tongue: