Glee

I just finished watching the Pilot for the new show Glee. It was very much a pilot it seemed to cram a couple shows into one show however it shows alot of potential. I laughed out loud at points. The filler music is really nice and the Kids who sing have Amazing voices. I also dig how there are multiple voice overs. If they continue that for all the characters in the show throughout the season it could be something really cool. I hope the show does well its weird enough where it might not but its got singing on it so it might do well…

Glad someone watched it, and thanks for posting your thoughts. I forgot to set my DVR, so I’ll watch it via hulu tomorrow. I’ll report back.

I really, really liked it. It’s still rough around the edges, and it’s still developing. But what I’ve seen so far… I’m down with it. And I’m looooooving the music.

By the way, the kids are lipsynching. But I’m okay with that.

Just rewatched the pilot with the wife and we are blown away. This show is freaking awesome. Beautifully written, shot, directed and acted. Oh, the music? Right, that is sweet too…so good I already have purchased the Glee versions of the tunes off of iTunes.

This is a must watch show. Go forth and spread the word, this is the next big thing.

http://www.hulu.com/glee

Do it. Do it now. :smiley:

I’m in England so have naturally not watched all 4 episodes of Glee yet, and I don’t find it charming, funny and touching, especially when Kurt comes out to his father.

But I’m sure I will when it starts on English TV.

I am loving this show so far!

I really like this show, but the in-school politics and the lengths Will has to go to in order to get/keep the club going depress me. it’s a little too true-to-life :frowning:

I’m enjoying it so far, and there should always be a place for black comedy in primetime. There should always be a place for Jane Lynch and Stephen Tobolowsky as well. I like that they’re finally expanding beyond Finn, Quinn and Rachel to the rest of the Glee Club kids like Kurt and Tina. But frankly I could do without the fake pregnancy storyline, even though I adore Jessalyn Gilsig.

I am quite happy to say that I am a Gleek!!

I don’t think its fake, I just don’t think the boyfriend is the baby daddy. Oh the drama!

So far, I’m not a fan of this story line either. It just doesn’t ring true to me.

I’m pretty sure we’re talking about the wife, not the teenage girl. FWIW I’m pretty sure the father is the mohawk dude.

I’m looking forward to tonight’s episode. Its got Kristen Chenowith who i absolutely adore!

Even better is Kristin Chenoweth as a flirty boozehound. “I just opened a new box of wine”–LMAO! Oh, Olive, how far you’ve fallen. She can still break my heart, though. I wish they’d picked a better duet for her and Will, but the bowling karaoke was still good. And I loved their concert versions of “Don’t Even Know My Last Name” and “Somebody to Love.”

Puck is hawt. I realize I’m far too old to say that; I’ll go sit in the corner now.

Grr, Rachel. Quit Glee or don’t. The revolving door is getting old.

After I made my post it occured to me that you meant the wife. See, I’d already dismissed that stupid story from my mind entirely.

Seeing her all drunk made me wonder when Josh Grobin was going to show up :smiley:

So did anyone else catch her comment about getting several “appointments” a day from her web page? Combined with her wanting to change into something more comfortable makes me think she earned her living less than legally.

Once again, I’ve not seen the latest episode, for I adhere to the word of the law.

I imagine that the newest episode was great, and the Cabaret duet was most likely beautiful.

Somebody to love would probably have given me goosebumps.

^ Hehe. I didn’t see or hear a thing, Internet officer.

Who is Josh Groban? :stuck_out_tongue:

I wondered what she meant by “appointments.” Ah, well, maybe she’ll find her fortune in Branson. I’m gonna’ have to start taping this show; the dialogue goes by so fast that I miss all these great lines. I didn’t even catch the Versace murder reference that Emma made till someone on the TWoP board mentioned it.

And there have got to be more single men in that town who aren’t coaching football or playing it. I mean, I don’t want Emma to break up Will’s marriage, but I don’t want to watch her pine for him all season either. Besides, he needs to grow up and learn that it’s not all about him, even though the 'verse conspires to beat that into his curly head every week.

I is a innocent princess!

While I don’t want Emma to be the cause of Will’s marriage break-up, I do want it to break-up. Terri is just a TERRIBLE person.

Or at least I would want that if I had seen any of the show.

I agree with this sentiment. Terri is not good people. It is fine in my mind for Emma to pine after Will, because that is life. Unrequited love happens all the time.

Besides that, Mrs. Solai and I watched episode 4 and 5 back to back last night. We are deeply smitten with this show. I think they handled Kurt’s coming out to his father beautifully and watching the football team busting a groove to Beyonce on the field was priceless. “No, no, no…everyone will make fun of us!” “Everyone already makes fun of us!” :smiley:

just noticed that Stephen Tobolowsky’s character is Mr Ryerson

^ Bing!

Terri is scary. It’s a good thing her pyrokinesis didn’t carry over from Heroes. That line about not being built to work five days a week–I hear ya’, sister. I was so happy that they gave Emma a backbone (her telling Terri that she wasn’t good enough for Will) only to rip it out and have her agree to marry Ken. I really hope they don’t go through with it. I know lonely, I know it’s not fun, but that is so not the right answer.

The mashups were fun, and I adored the yellow dresses. There was a cute moment when the other Cheerios blonde was being twirled and then Will walked into the room, spun her and just kept on walking. It was lovely.

Sue’s journal is a hoot. Please tell me that will be available on Amazon at some point. Read by Susan Lynch, of course.

Amped-up Finn is a lot more fun. “Let’s work on the number, and then build a house for Habitat for Humanity!”