Galactica Watercooler Cook Book

I have access to Publisher and Adobe Acrobat, so I guess I can do that part. Cover art - that’s up to some graphic artist type. I’m not artistically gifted!

Ooooohhh - good idea! I like it!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! :eek:

Since I just made them… pancakes the way they should be, served with pure maple syrup.

1 2/3 c. flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 c. milk
3 eggs
4 tsp butter, melted

Sift the dry ingredients in a bowl, set aside. Separate the eggs, placing the yolks in the milk while reserving the whites. Beat the egg whites. Combine the melted butter with the milk and egg yolks and mix. Add milk mixture to try ingredients and mix until combined. Fold in egg whites.

Heat skillet or griddle. Ladle the amount for the size of pancake you want and place on hot griddle. Flip when bubbles begin to burst.

Serve with pure maple syrup, and enjoy the simple pleasures in life!

PS Sorry for the double post… but while you people are off planning the publishing of the GWC Cookbook, we should get some more recipes!! ASAP! :slight_smile:

Nobody likes my rice dish…BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

It seems pretty goood.

One day i may try it

You want to try it now /hand gesture

Oh, I like the .pdf idea! Great thinking!

Hey - it works for me. Actually, it "work"s for me 'cause I’m too cheap to buy anything like that…:slight_smile:

Just so I can get the recipe exactly as it should be:

Pick up a blonde or a brunette?

Don’t champions always go for the redheads? Brunette’s give me indigestion and Blonde’s give me a headache. :smiley:

Sounds good to me…
But i’d bet Spatterson’s hub wouldn’t go for it,
cuz I’m pretty sure that’s basically a quick fried rice.

It very well may be. Or hibachi rice. Kinda.

You are correct. I tried to sneak Teriaki sauce on some chicken once - no go. I can sneak in the “Oriental” Hamburger Helper about 1 time a year and he will eat that. But that’s not anything like Chinese food. :slight_smile:

Red heads are spicy.

I feel for you. It’s definitely my favorite take-out cuisine.

Okay, here’s a weird one I invented last year that I still bring to lunch on occasion.

Toaster’s Thai PB&J:
-Take 2 slices of your favorite bread and smear your favorite peanut butter on one slice.
-Drizzle a little of your favorite hot sauce on the peanut butter and mix it around with your knife to disperse.
-Top this with a layer of fresh basil leaves.
-Apply a generous amount of ginger marmalade to your other slice of bread.
-Press together. Enjoy among co-workers and blow their minds.

I prefer a few drops of a fruitier Habenero based hot sauce over more savory ones like Frank’s or Tabasco for this, and chunky style PB adds to the Thai-ness for me. Other marmalades (plum or any citrus, but lime especially) or pepper jellies would work well too, to different effect.
If you like the spicy-sweet-peanutty combo of Pad Thai, give this a try. It will surprise you.

oh, i thought this thread was about the cuisine aboard the Fleet… i was wondering how many creative different ways can you cook with algae… Doh!

Ok i got one from my cruise ship working days thats a great late night snack

Its called the Navigator Taco (after the ship i worked on)

Take a slice of bread - this represents the Taco Shell
Cover half of it with Peanut Butter - This represents the sour cream
Cover half with Jelly (i use grape) - this is the Salsa
Then sprinkle on coco crispies - this represents the meat

Fold to taco forrm.

It may sound bad but it is wonderful.

I’m pretty sure that my blood sugar meter would blow-up if I ate that!