Funniest moment in Buffy ever

So I’m doing my own personal rewatch/watch of the whole series (And then later Angel) and I’m on 4x13 - The I In Team

But that being said the funniest moment had to be in 4x12 where Giles gets turned into a demon and he hops out of his car and runs after Professor Walsh. XFD

My husband and I were bought the first 3 seasons of Buffy as a wedding present as we’d never seen it and to be honest didn’t see the attraction. Anyhow after perseveering through season 1 (not that great) we got to the good stuff in seasons 2 and 3…gets a lot better and funnier…we’re now half way through season 4.

Xander and Anya are hilarious and Giles is great - although seems to be losing a point in season 4…I’ll have to see how it turns out. Fav episodes (sorry dont know titles) - Xander saves the world on his own while everyone else is off doing other stuff paraody; Bufffy touches demon and starts hearing peoples thoughts; Vampire Willow; slow-mo Xander and Harmony fight!

Am trying to steer away from spoilers but it’s difficult - only wish there was a podcast to go along with it. Ones I’ve found so far have had spoilers about series 7 when I was concerned with series 2!

Oh yeah - Faith is a good vampire killer lacking the annoying traits of SMG

Out
for
a
walk…
bitch

Olaf anything to do with olaf, trolls are funny

[in response to being asked to fight a troll]
Spike: Yeah, I could do that, but I’m paralyzed with not caring very much.

Olaf the Troll: You there, do you know where there are babies?
Spike: [to Xander] What do you think, the hospital?
Xander: shut up

Spike making fun of Angel after he rescues a girl (rachel) (ATS really but still BTVS related)

Spike: [as Rachel] How can I thank you, you mysterious black-clad hunk of a night thing?
Spike: [as Angel] No need, little lady, your tears of gratitude are enough for me. You see, I was once a badass vampire, but love and a pesky curse defanged me. And now, I’m just a big, fluffy puppy with bad teeth. No, not the hair. Never the hair.
Spike: [as Rachel] But there must be some way I can show my appreciation?
Spike: [as Angel] No, helping those in need’s my job, and workin’ up a load of sexual tension and prancing away like a magnificent poof is truly thanks enough.
Spike: [as Rachel] I understand. I have a nephew who’s gay, so…
[gasps]
Spike: [as Angel] Say no more. Evil’s still afoot. And I’m almost out of that nancy-boy hair-gel I like so much. Quickly, to the Angel-mobile, away.

Chaos demons…all slime and antlers

Buffy and spike under a love spell

Buffy: Honey, we need to talk about the invitations. Now do you wanna be William the Bloody or just Spike? Cuz either way it’s gonna look majorly weird.
Spike: Where as the name Buffy gives it that touch of classic elegance.
Buffy: What wrong with Buffy?
Giles such a good question.

Spike unable to kill; buffy teasing him.

Buffy: Oh, look at my poor neck… all bare and tender and exposed. All that blood, just pumping away.
Giles: Oh, please.
Spike: Giles, make her stop.
Giles: If those two don’t kill each other, I might lend a hand.

I’ll come back later with more, for now must watch Buffy

Edited to add Buffy miming staking a vampire in hush and willow’s reaction
and Giles’s Slide show in hush.

Edited to add Buffy miming staking a vampire in hush and willow’s reaction
and Giles’s Slide show in hush

Oh yeah that was great. Xander miming boobs too instead of a heart

Fixed!! :smiley:

There’s this one part in “Chosen” that I can never get out of my head. It’s funny and a really good visual. Spike’s in the basement rambling on about Angel and Buffy says:

“Maybe you two should just wrestle it out. Hmmm…there could be some type of oil involved.” Cracks me up every time!!! Unforgettable.

More later

not so much funny as Buffy’s Best Idea Ever

from that same, I always get a giggle out of the cookie analogy–and Angel’s discomfort with it

Or…Enjoy warm, delicious cookie-me…???

Topgun evil laughter*

Buffy the Vampire Slayer…a little sumpin sumpin for everybody!

Oh, so very yes.

OK here’s another. The ep when Buffy comes back from LA and the Scoobies and Joyce throw her a party at home. Some mask that Joyce brought home from “The Gallery” is attracting zombies to the house. I crack up when Giles is driving along and says in his Joyce voice “Don’t you like my mask? Isn’t it pretty? It raises the dead. Americans!” Classic Giles contemp with a comic twist.

Oh!! Hootenanny! “Chock full of hoot, with just a little bit of nanny.” I heart Oz.

Wil on meeting Vampire Wil: “so evil and skanky…and I think I’m kinda gay”

Wasn’t it Bloody Americans? Regardless yeah that was great.

You know what I don’t really get? The fascination with Oz…he doesn’t do anything and he speaks like two words an episode

Oz was cool, brilliant, in a band, completely at ease with himself, and able to look beyond the geek and recognize the amazingness that is Willow Rosenberg

and the werewolf thing didn’t hurt :wink:

But it wasn’t like…effective werewolfness. If he had stayed after the in control bit he wouldn’t have been basically Xander fighting wise

The writers in Season 8 (the comics) make a sort of refence to this; there’s a scene where Buffy is dreaming of a 3some with Spike & Angel. Very very good picture. :smiley:

i think the funniest thing in Buffy was when in Hush Giles was giving a lesson and he asked a question and willow pointed to her boobs but like pointing saying me me me and then xander went with his lips cuz they couldnt talk. "boobies? lol it was very funny

I love the Buffy humor!
like:

Buffy:

Okay. Factoid 1: Only the praying mantis can rotate its head like that. Factoid 2: A pretty whacked-out vampire is scared to death of her. Factoid 3: Her fashion sense screams predator.

Willow:

It’s the shoulder pads.

I always enjoyed the barbs (sorry barb!) Xander and Spike traded, especially when Spike was living in Xander’s basement…
And Spike so into the soap opera “Passions”. Funny.:smiley: