FSL 3.0 Nemesis / Invasion - FAQ

So what’s this FSL 3.0 Nemesis / Invasion thing? Here’s how it works.

1. First you need to create a team. This time around the team will consist of two pairs of hero/arch enemies. for example Superman/Lex Luthor & Batman/Joker

a. When making a team remember to try and be honest when making their powerbar scores (if you are doing such a thing) if they have a weakness make sure it shows through in the scores.

b. Speaking of scores here’s what the bars mean.

• INT: Intelligence
  • STR: Strength
  • DEX: Dexterity
  • CHR: Charisma
  • COM: Combat Ability
  • SPL: Special Abilities

c. As a baseline remember that a normal human - completely average - will get a 5 on everything except special abilities where they get 1.

1. Each week once we get rolling there will be both a challenge for the next week and poll on the last weeks round. Feel free and we encourage you to participate in both!

a. Each challenge will be announced on the cast and in the forum area here which will give you about a week to prepare and submit your response to the challenge in the correct post (which will be well labeled in this section)

b. Each challenge will have your heroes/nemesis team pited against an invasion of some kind.

1. I will then select two challenger teams to compete against each other. We will read their team selection and solution they posted to the weeks challenge on the cast and then they go to being voted on by us and the GWC public in a forum poll!

Some side notes and rules:

Rules

1. No Gods or god like characters

2. Team members selected to serve on someone else’s team are not eligible to another team. (though they can be traded) To check if someone already has your character Daisuke will post a link to the Google spreadsheet he is making to keep track of these things. When in doubt… check the spreadsheet!

3. Team members must have a Sci-fi, fantasy, gaming or comic connection to be on a team.

4. No stick in the muds

Note

• Those wanting card templates just hit Uchiha Daisuke up via email uchihadaisuke@live.com or PM him on the forum with your email address and he’ll send it to you.

• Those wanting cards done for them, send in the info below to Daisuke and he will hook you up. It will be super easy and not an issue to fill in and send off.

• Here is the new look and feel of the cards. Blue for Heroes and Red for badies.

----- Card Request -----

Here’s what you need to send Uchiha Daisuke (email or PM) to have team cards of your own team.

Team name:
Email address you want him to send the cards back to:

Hero:
Powerbar stats: 1-10 values

• INT: Intelligence:
  • STR: Strength:
  • DEX: Dexterity:
  • CHR: Charisma:
  • COM: Combat Ability:
  • SPL: Special Abilities:
    Special powers text:

Nemesis:

Special powers text:

Hero:

Special powers text:

Nemesis:

Special powers text:

It doesn’t take long to do the cards but as this is Uchiha Daisuke’s first time being the main hitter for this, remember that he is doing this out of the kindness of his creative heart and not crucify him should it take a little bit to get the team cards back. :slight_smile:

Good luck!!

Wow, this blows every team idea I’ve had out of the water. Got to think about this a bit.

Could you guys move this up a bit higher in the forum so it’s more visible?

Where do we post our teams? I want to reserve my characters, although the hero/villain thing changes it a bit.

Where do we post our teams? I want to reserve my characters, although the hero/villain thing changes it a bit.

I think Daisuke will be posting the spreadsheet up soon (I have sent word to him that we are live)

And the hero villain thing is meant to change things up. No legacy old gags, only new hotness gags! :wink: …wait that came out wrong.

Wait, are you guys going to have a team/teams this time?

Squee! Cannot wait! And I really want to see what teams everyone thinks up!

Will the team selection be in this thread or another?

Another thing that came up last time was different versions of the same characters. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the ruling was:
Same characters from different eras are OK.
Same characters from different mediums are OK.

For example:
Player A: James Bond (Sean Connery)
Player B: James Bond (Daniel Craig)
Allowed

Player A: Cyclops (X-Men films)
Player B: Cyclops (X-Men comics)
Allowed

Player A: Darth Vader (Original Star Wars Trilogy)
Player B: Anakin Skywalker (Prequel Trilogy)
Allowed

Player A: Darth Vader (Empire Strikes Back)
Player B: Darth Vader (Return of the Jedi)
NOT Allowed - These are the same characters.

Again, please let me know if this is not correct, as it is just my point of view.:smiley:

Update: You can not have two of the same “Persona” on your team. For example your team can’t be:
James Bond (Craig) vs. Le Chifre and James Bond (Connery) vs. Blofeld.

I’d say that’s up to you sir. It’s your show! Rock it as you see fit my homie!

Yes this is correct. However they shlould not occur on the same team. And try to be reasonable.

WOOT! My dream team fits into the “Nemesis team”!
I can’t believe it! I can’t wait to start to play.

Special thanks to Sean and Daisuke for all that organization that goes with an event like this one.

Lets use this new thread for Team Selection so this one stays clean for general FAQ.

Again, anyone with card requests please reach me at uchihadaisuke@live.com.

If two people were enemies, then a few years later became allies, would I be locked into them at the time they were enemies? I’m not talking Obi-Wan/Anakin using the justification that Anakin became Vader, but something like the villain from when they were enemies, but the hero from later in his career.

I’ve heard about this on earlier casts, but never got to participate. Can’t wait. One uestion is, because of the hero, nemesis, relationship this time around, how will trading work? Will we be able to trade hero for hero? Or will we have to trade hero/nemesis pairs?

Sorry for reposting. It occurred to me that I asked on the wrong thread.

So, I’m kindly requesting a ruling. (:

Being able to trade with yourself is kinda absurd imo

Insomuch that I’d go blind? d: Maybe you’re right, but I still want sub teams (I gotta have an all anime one for traditions’ sake).

If there are “sub teams”, I’d prefer those teams and their stories/solutions be posted in a separate thread so we don’t clutter up the actual competition with a bunch of extra posts.

Let’s see,

Yes you would have to trade the pair should that come up.

Not reserve or bench chAracters or teams I think at least for now.

If the characters were ever arch enemies then I think it counts.

Seconded.

Baltar