FSL 3.0 Nemesis / Invasion - Discussion

Sounds like 3.0 is actually GWCer vs. GWCer, so it is WAR!!!

Kirk On :
Doctor Horrible? I’m laughing at the superior intellect! Phd in Horribleness my Star Trekkin’ ass!

Khan On:
I look forward to matching blades with you sir. I always accept a challenge. And win.

Captain Hammer On:
Khan, you may think you’re all that, but let’s review my awesomeness.
(1) Huge pecs.
(2) Never date the same girl twice (cept Penny)
(3) A hero to the lesser people like homeless and whatnot.
(4) I look like that Col. Malcolm Reynolds dude from that Babylon Trek show…or whatever.

Beat, that with a stick, Mr. Generically Superior. :wink:

Khan On:
Youuuu impress me with nothing, sirrrr. The mitochondria in myyyyy genetically engineered pectoral muscles are farrrr superior to your poor corn-fed excuses for a man-chest. And while I gather groupies and followers from across the galaxy, youuuu entertain yourself with one mousey social worker who can’t even afforrrd her own washing machine!
And lastly sirrrrr…your gauntlets are, shall we say, inferior at bessst. Vinyl, are they not? While mine are constructed of the finest Corinthian leatherrrrrrr.

[i][b]Captain Hammer On/
Khan my friend, that was a low blow attacking my gauntlets. A low blow.
And when the blows get low my friend, let me tell you happens:
What happens is my gauntlets get thrown down.
That’s right, I’m throwing down the gauntlet.

That means it’s on. And “it” is not my gauntlet.

…the gauntlet is my penis…and it is GOING DOWN.[/b][/i]

wait no, that doesn’t sound right. Hey, Joss, can we do that scene again?

I am so going to abuse my mod powers and edit his contributions.

For me to poop on!

Kirk On:

My…God. That sounds like…a no-win scenerio!

picks up apple

snicker

Oooh, did I start some kind of war here?

Littlefinger smiled, ever so briefly.

I feel compelled to say this as I struggled with it the last few rounds (and this is not directed at anyone, but a general statement and personal observation that I hope helps people out)

Let me reiterate, I was having fun with Topgun for taking Archer, the following is a thought I have been rolling around since last round and wanted to share with my GWC homies

In my personal opinion, the best team one can make is one where you[ul]
[li]can speak for the character[/li][li]have a rich understanding of the character and their universe[/li][/ul] Having a ‘cool’ character misses the point if you can’t become them. First time around my team was R2-D2, Sheldon Cooper, Shepherd (Mass Effect) and the Martian from Mars Attacks.

This as they say was an unmitigated disaster.

Sure in that round we all picked characters for their abilities but in the end I discovered I am not a PhD scientist. I could echo Sheldon but I could never speak for him. Combining that with two guys who beep or squawk as language just was ‘great’

Second time around having learned from my disaster I went with Wash, Macgyver, James Bond and the Operative. I improved by choosing more people I could actually speak for and things worked out better.

This time around I joked about not getting Archer / Lana or Dr. Horrible / Captain Hammer or Sherlock Holmes / Moriarty but in reality I don’t think I could have personally pulled any of these guys off. I don’t want to color those that chose them, I can only speak for myself that each set has challenges that I don’t know if I could overcome. Hell, 'Talos chose White Spy / Black Spy … that is going to be some interesting writing as those guys don’t speak at all. Best personal example? You may have noticed that I had the chance to choose Mal, a character I know very well but on reflection I don’t think I could pull him off. I can like Mal, I just don’t know if I can be Mal.

Good luck my friends. This is going to be, as Wash would say, ‘Interesting’ :smiley:

ps: Just saw Thot’s post above speaking as Captain Hammer. Oh crap, he is going to nail it. FRAK.

Yeah. I went with a villain themed team in 1.0, but I didn’t really do lines. Only time my team got mentioned on the cast was when the mission was to defend Helm’s Deep, and Saruman was on my team, so I just had him walk out and tell the Uruk-hai to go frak off.

In 2.0, I didn’t get picked to go up against the crew, but Sean gave me an award for being his second or third pick almost every time. Didn’t get one of the people I wanted that would have been really fun, but I had some nice tricks I could pull.

Not sure how this team is going to work out. One thing I’m concerned about and tried to avoid at least a little bit was the fact that nemesis tend to have pretty similar skill sets (plus, with two pairs of people, I couldn’t get the wide tech base I’m used to). Chloe and Jaina tend to be smart-asses, so I should be able to think up some nice lines for them, but nothing like this Rodney McKay/Tom Paris conversation:

“It’ll do the job. A Naquadria bomb makes one of your weekly warp core breaches look like a firecracker,” Rodney told him confidently.
“Hey, we went two weeks between near breaches a few months back,” Tom replied, steering the Normandy to the landing zone.

[b]White Spy decided to enter Solai’s fortress by way of the telephone lines, marred and eroded from almost a decade of dormancy. He was conscious of the fact that the open window on the top floor was an obvious ploy. Desperate to remain undetected yet not fall into Black spy’s scheme, he waited until the last possible moment and launched a tow cable toward the chimney. He released the clamp from the telephone line and his momentum sent him swinging toward the roof. He landed on the opposite side of the house. Checking his line, he turned his back to the edge of the roof and jumped off. The pulleys whined while White spy made his way to the ground. He touched down in a shrubbery that effectively exploded.

Black spy giggled from behind the oak tree in the front yard. As the smoke from White spy billowed into the night sky, Black spy walked to the front door and nailed a parchment just below the Fozzie bear knocker. It simply read, “Challenge accepted.”[/b]

Damn…this should be called FSL 3.0: GWC brings their A-Game

Robocop and Clarence Boddicker is still up for grabs. I considered doing a Cyborg team using that matchup.

I think all the GI Joes are up for grabs. I was going to do Joes except I haven’t read any of the comics in years, and wouldn’t have enough back story to write for them. Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow would be an awesome dual ninja addition to a team though.

Can’t wait to see where this goes!

Since I cannot use Cthulhu I will post some of the ideas I was kicking around here. I was evisioning little spats at the therapists office between Cthulhu and Lovecraft. here are a few-

A loud grumbling sound caused the therapist to stop writing and look up from his notes, the dark god shrugged which caused his wings to graze the ceiling and send a light fixture swinging; “Sorry, I am hungry; are we almost done?”

Lovecraft’s eyes narrowed, “You just ate an Asian not even an hour ago.”

“You know what they say about eating Chinese; you are hungry a half hour later.”

“That is so racist.”

The god’s tentacles flayed about, “Really? You want to go there? Have you even read what you wrote about black people?”

The therapist waved his arms, “Enough, enough you two!”

The therapist rubbed his temples as he hunched over the skin clad tome, “This is giving me a headache.” The god’s tentacles trembled as he snorted, “Hey you’re the one who wanted to know about my family and how I got along with them.”

“Even I had a hard time keeping them all straight,” the author sighed and leaned back in his chair, “they all kind of look alike and their names are all so confusing.”

“Now that is just raci*, er, I mean ah species-ist,” the god turned to the therapist, “is that even a word?” Pushing his glasses up, “I am a psychologist not a writer, why don’t you ask the author?” The alien turned to the author and glared at him.

He was undeterred by the intense stare and just smiled widely, “No it is not.”

“What do you know; you are 80+ years behind the times.”

“And you are what? A few millennia behind?”

The doctor waved a hand, “Enough, enough," he then pointed to a picture in the massive volume, "now who is this with the thick rimmed glasses and the crazy hair?”

“That is Asimov-ototh.”

“You cannot make the Necronomicon into an E Book.”

“Why not? Your books are on Kindles, iPads and such; why not mine?”

“My books won’t cause people to go insane after reading them.”

He crossed his scaly arms across his chest, “It is not fair. I think you humans are just doing this out of tentacle envy.”

The therapist blinked, “I’m sorry, did you say tentacle envy?”

“Yeah, humans only have one tentacle. And they are pretty small.”

The two humans looked at each other in disbelief.

“Well," the winged god cleared his throat and then looked out the window while trying to hide a smile, "that is what I have heard…”

Other team ideas:
Susan Ivanova / Bester
Pvt. Hudson / an Alien from Aliens
Gandalf / Sarumon
Gollum / Smegol
Saul Tigh / Bottle

I’d say this would fall under Section B of the persona rule (can’t have multiple personas of a person on the same team), but still a cool idea.

Okay, so I thought of another team that I just think is the bee’s knees. I would love to use it myself as a just-for-fun team, but I think my primary team is going to be pretty demanding because I picked some very complex characters. I think it would be great if someone can use this team if they’re having trouble coming up with a team concept for themselves. I’d be grateful just to be credited with an “assist” for any victories. If no one wants the team, I just want to put it out there that I thought of it first. :cool:

Team Iron Wil

Team Roster

Dr. Sheldon Cooper (The Big Bang Theory)
Evil Wil Wheaton (The Big Bang Theory)
Codex (The Guild - MMO Avatar Form)
Fawkes (The Guild - MMO Avatar Form)

Enjoy!

If anyone needs some ideas, I found TV Tropes to be very helpful.

Just don’t click any links there. You’ll never escape. :eek:

The Gargoyles page on TV Tropes is great. Check out the Xanatos Gambit, especially. That’s something that I will certainly be utilizing…