FSL 3.0 Nemesis / Invasion - Discussion

FSL 3.0 Nemesis / Invasion…Discuss here!

I thot it would help to have a discussion thread so that the Team Selection thread doesn’t get to cluttered for Uchiha to keep track of new teams.

I vote that Topgun’s

Be formerly renamed to “I HATE SOLAI AND TALOS” :smiley: or simply “NEENER-NEENER-NEENER”

I’m a couple of casts behind however something tells me its FSL time again

ScreenShot260 by Perihelion501, on Flickr

And Pike.

If only I hadn’t pondered Twilight/Trixie vs. Rainbow Dash/Applejack so long…

Anyone want to discuss pairs they considered but didn’t end up going with?

A few I considered
Everett Young/Nicolas Rush
Picard or Data/Borg Queen
Sam Carter/Rodney McKay (SG-1)
Chuck Bartowski/Daniel Shaw

Like last year I’m not creative enough on writing to compete but I love creating eye candy teams. So I created 2 using my team from last year:

Team Cougar:

Hero 1: Cyclops (X-Men)
Nemisis 1: Phoenix (X-Men)

Hero 2: Connor Temple (Primeval)
Nemisis 2: Helen Cutter (Primeval)

Team Cougar Too:

Hero 1: John Connor (The Terminator)
Nemisis 1: The Terminator (The Terminator)

Hero 2: John Preston (Equilibrium)
Nemisis 2: Brandt (Equilibrium)

I almost went with Picard/Borg Queen once I realized that Q is too godlike to play, but decided that I’m not actually that interested in the Borg Queen and that not having legs could be an impediment to my solutions.

Can’t believe I didn’t remember my third possible Borg Queen rival. 7 of 9

Hey, that’s me right there! FSL WOO! Time flies, huh.

Question: I have two pushing it pairings I want as my team. Let me know if they’re ok.

Team (Greendale Home of The) Human Beings

A.
Hero: Varys (Game of Thrones)
Nemesis: Littlefinger (Game of Thrones)

It’s not a traditional hero/arch pairing, but I feel like Littlefinger and Varys are natural nemesis for each other because both are in the same particular field where both claim to be THE master of whispers second to none, the one who is really controlling the other. Otherwise I’m not really sure who Varys would consider his nemesis at this point in the show, and I want Varys.

B.
Hero: Jemaine Clement (FoTC, but in The Simpsons)
Nemesis: Australia (let’s say…that sinister koala bear, or Mel Gibson, from The Simpsons as a representative)

Here, I’m obviously trying to pretend Jemaine Clement (or Mel Gibson, for that matter) is a legitimate pick from the scifi/anime/games/comic/fantasy genre. Hey, I had a hard enough time picking which Conchord I want.

So yeah. Please let me know if either or both pairings are viable. Thanks!

Admit it, Solai,

You hate me a wee bit too (Captain Hammer/Dr Horrible) :smiley:

(I’m really glad Topgun nabbed some great characters. He sat out last time, so he deserves those top picks.)

Did you not see my comment DAMMIT! in the selection thread? I can see you selecting them, but Topgun went for the jugular on his picks AND HE WILL PAY DEARLY. :oops:

But in response to you Thot I am changing one of my teams to the following:

Hero: Duncan Idaho
Nemesis: Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Oh yeah, I did see your dammit. But I love seeing your “dammit” again. I’ve done far worse than kill you, Admiral, I’ve hurt you. And I wish to go on…hurting you. :groucho: (oops getting carried away here).

Anyway, when you posted “Kyle/Cartman” I had a week moment JUST for a moment when I considered trading my Capt Hammer/Dr Horrible for your Kyle/Cartman but I stayed strong.

In previous FSL’s I had pretty obscure characters, so this time I figured …frak it… I’ll take to good stuff this time.

That is a team that I would root for so hard. It’s less clear that they’re rivals/nemeses in the books, but in the TV series they look to be setting that up pretty hard, given that info-off in the throne room a few episodes ago.

Oh I’d love to see who stabs who in the back first (and who they get to do the stabbing :cool: )

DUNCAN IDAHO!!!

I ALMOST went with Jack O’Neill/LORD Baal

But then Shepard/Turian Councilor just made me giggle so had to go with that

Yeah, I considered Sam/Ba’al for a bit too, but didn’t think that was quite archenemy enough to qualify (even though Sam punched his lights out in Season 10 :smiley: )

By Crom, I’d almost pay to see that. I loved their interactions in the show.

Daniel Jackson/Anubis may also be interesting. Plus, Teal’c/Apophis…

Now, Sam Carter/Replicator Sam or Vala/Adria…

ahem

IBIMB…

I look forward to an inevitable confrontation between Solai, Topgun, and ThotfullGuy when FSL officially begins. Sparks will fly and heads will roll.

I take that as an OK for Varys/Littlefinger! Right? :smiley:

Now, how about Simpsons Jemaine/Mel (Gibson) (Hm…if I can use FotC instead of The Simpsons, then it’ll also be Jemaine/Mel I’m seeking an ok on)?

FSL 4.0 The Battle Between Solai, Topgun, and ThotfullGuy

FSL 4.0 GWC at WAR!
That’s a concept I could get behind.