FSL 2.0 Challenge 5: We Interrupt This Broadcast

Greetings my friends. I’m sorry to call on you again, and on such short notice! I have one final mission for you and you team if you are up for it.

It seems that broadcasts travel through space and that we are not the only ones listening. One of our broadcasts recently reached a relay station for a group of unknown aliens. They were a little disgruntled by the interruption of their regularly scheduled star movement update however they enjoyed the program very much and wanted to enact a part of the story with live representatives from our very planet.

The movie? Gladiator.

The aliens in question have brought together a dream team of their own to go against your team in an arena style death-match. You will be beamed to the arena in a few moments to take place in the event of the ages.

Mission Details:

We do have some Intel on the opposing team. You will be facing:

• A Grand-champion Predator hunter from the planet of predators.
  • The Slurm Queen
  • Skelator from the planet Eternia
  • And last but not least, Scorpius from the Farscape galaxy and parts unknown

You can take basic small arms with you as well as any armor you normally wear but nothing else. Period correct blades, pole-arms, nets and shields will be provided to you at the arena.

Also, if you don’t happen to win earth will be destroyed for disrupting the alien’s science channel with non-authorized broadcasting.

Objective:

Destroy them by any means required to get the job done.

Vehicle Asset: Well the good news on this one is that you having the home field advantage won the coin toss your team gets an iron clad hover chariot pulled by mechanical horses will be provided to you when you arrive. They however don’t! Soooo… good news!

Good Luck!

Just a note: Earth is in a blackout zone since neither your team nor aliens are supposed to exist. So win or lose no one will know what you do here today.

do transformers have to fight in robot mode or can they just be good old transformers? Also, no attached weapons?

I’d say if you can’t strip the weapons off without hurting the character (in this case they are part of him) then it’s fair game. And hell no, full transform ablility on!

sounds good to me. thanks for the ruling because you rule. :smiley:

Earth is in a blackout zone since neither your team nor aliens are supposed to exist. So win or lose no one will know what you do here today.

That’s nonsense, we all know what we do in life echoes in eternity.

Team Sideways
Driver: Wash / Tech: Macgyver / Recon: James Bond (Connery) / Martial Artist: The Operative

The underground passage was dark and dank, the stone walls covered in moss. Above them the sound of chanting and pounding of floorboards reverberated punctuated by the clanging of their own ill-fitting armor. Macgyver glanced over at Wash who wore only a loin cloth, a metal shoulder piece held a metal trident.

“Nice look” Macgyver joked. “Ha-ha-ha" Wash replied. "Well, one thing is for sure, this will get pretty interesting” Wash responded. “Define interesting laddie” Bond asked. “Oh god, oh god we are all going to die?” Wash said straight-faced looking at the ceiling.

The Operative peered at the huge metal doors, slits of light seeping through the edges. “How bad can it be?” he asked as the guards roughly shoved them through into blinding light. They covered their eyes with their arms, their noses filled with the smell of sweat, dirt and buttered popcorn. As their eyes adjusted they realized they were in an immense 200,000 seat stadium filled wit aliens who were all calling for their blood.

“PUNY HUMANS!” a voice boomed from the Emperor’s box silencing the throng. “YOU HAVE BEEN BROUGHT HERE FOR CRIMES AGAINST OUR RACE.”

Wash squinted and leaned forward. “That Emperor looks familiar.”

“KILL OR BE KILLED” The Emperor continued.

“Hey, yeah” Macgyver said putting his hand on the Operative’s shoulder. “Isn’t that…”

“YOU WILL NOW KNEEL TO YOUR EMPEROR LUCIUS SEANUS OHARATUM”

“We’re dead” Wash said while another invisible force pushed them down into kneeling position. When they stood back up four creatures were facing them swaying back and forth pounding their feet to the beat of the crowd. A giant worm, a cackling skeleton with a penchant for purple, an armored lizard and an albino who appeared to really be into S&M.

“No, wait, we can do this!” Macgyver said to them pulling them into a huddle and whispered “Guys, the point isn’t to win.” “Uh, I think winning is a good idea. Winning is good. We like winning” Wash said shaking his head. “No, you don’t catch my meaning. All of these missions, we came out on top but we didn’t win. Why?” The team shrugged their collective shoulders. Macgyver sighed and pointed at the Emperor. “Him,” he said as the Emperor sipped on a Dr. Pepper, “he is the one behind all of this. We have been approaching this all wrong. He doesn’t simply want us to solve the problem, but he wants it to be clever, funny and have a sprinkling of meaningful references.” He looked around, “it also helps if we keep it short.”

The team soaked in that information for a moment. “I think you all know what we have to do.” Macgyver held out his hand. The Operative nodded and put his hand on top Macgyver’s with reverence. Wash followed suit and Bond looked at each one of his teammates in the eye. “Gentlemen, it has been an honor” Bond said clapping hand on top. “This is our last hurrah, make it count” Macgyver said, “and, break!” “Hoo-ahh!” they all cried out and turned to face their attackers.

“NOW, LET THE GAMES BEGIN!” The Emperor cried adding only, “<<SEANSCREAM>>”

Wash turned and ran full tilt towards the Predator catching it unprepared. Running past him Wash threw himself into a giant pool of mud. He rolled around quickly slapping the mud all over his body and began taunting the Predator yelling in a ridiculous accent, “Come ON!!! Keel me NOW!!! Ah’m hee-AH!!!” The Predator paused, leapt with incredible strength high in the air and came down directly on top of Wash. Right before landing Wash grabbed his trident and jammed the butt end it into the ground. Gravity being a fickle mistress the Predator screamed unable to change its trajectory and landed on the trident with a dull thwump. Wash slowly stood and looked at The Predator impaled. “I don’t know what that fifth dentist was thinking. Trident kicks ass.” Wash pulled off the Predator’s helmet revealing what appeared to be a Rastafarian lizard. “You are one ugly motherfu…” “Hey shut your mouth!” Macgyver called over, “Damn right!” Wash responded.

Meanwhile Bond approached the Slurm Queen confidently. “Where can a fellow get a drink around these parts? I am parched!” The Slurm Queen looked down at the handsome man in the loincloth and blushed. “Oh, I have just the thing!” she cooed. She gritted her teeth for a moment, reached behind her and produced a martini glass of green liquid. Bond took a sip and nodded approvingly. “Shaken, not slurmed.” “Oh, it is slurm, fresh batch too.” the Queen responded blushing. “Really? Remarkable” he said looking into the glass, “I would love to discuss this slurm somewhere, say, more intimate?” The Queen clapped her tiny hands together. “Follow me!” she cried out and began burrowing into the ground creating a tunnel. “Don’t wait up for me laddies!” Bond called out jumped in the hole, “You owe me!”

Macgyver and the Operative faced Skeletor and Scorpius. “What do we do?” The Operative asked aloud drawing his sword. “Clever, funny, references” Macgyver replied. The Operative nodded his head and stepped towards Scorpius.

“Are you, um, feeling hot under the collar?” The Operative stated, clearly uncomfortable. “How would you, sir, like to let off some steam? Bennett?”

Scorpius rolled his eyes impatiently, “Look, I have a better idea. Instead of trying to kill me with your inane prattle why don’t you kill your friend over there and you and I can go out for pizza and margarita shooters?”

The Operative looked perplexed and struggled to say, “Now, this is the plan. Get your ass to Mars.”

“Really?” Scorpius spat out clearly annoyed, “This is the best you can do. Pathetic. You know? Let me save you the effort before you hurt yourself” Scorpius walked over to Skeletor who continued to laugh like a five-year-old girl for no apparent reason. “You my friend are a waste of space” he declared and pulling out a gun blew Skeletor’s head off.

“Wait, you have a gun?” Macgyver exclaimed looking down at his dagger. Turning towards Emperor Lucius Seanus Oharatum he cried, “Majesty! This one has a gun!” The Emperor roared his disproval and slammed his hand down causing an invisible force to squash Scorpius like a bug. The Emperor’s trusted advisor Talat leaned over and asked with doggy breath, “What happened to Scorpius?" The Emperor turned to meet his gaze, “I let him go.”

Silence filled the air as 200,000 aliens paused in shock. Dust from the arena hung in the air. Somewhere a dog barked. From a corner up in the nosebleeds a murmur began. The murmur grew and spread quickly becoming a chant. Bond climbed out the hole covered in slurm and looked a little worse for wear. “What is going on?” he asked wishing he had a towel. As the chant grew it became clear what the crowd saying:

“SIDE-WAYS”
“SIDE-WAYS”
“SIDE-WAYS”

The Operative now in the spirit held up his hands and shouted out, “ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?”

Pandemonium ensued. The chant of “SIDE-WAYS, SIDE-WAYS” continued as the crowd stood up on its feet and applauded uproariously. The crew smiled to themselves. Gripping each other’s hands they held them aloft and in unison took a deep bow.

Talat took in the scene and walked over to the Emperor. “Time to go?” Talat asked.

“We’ll be back.” The Emperor replied.

Will our enemies be restricted to the same small arms/basic armor rule?

Also, what about non-weapon equipment our teams usually have with them (i.e. tricorder)?

Pilot- Fox (Wanted, comic)
Recon- Wesley (WANTED, Comic)
Tech- Professor Seltzer (WANTED, Comic)
Martial Artist- Hitgirl (Kickass, Movie)

Let The Games Begin!

or

Dead and Circuses

The fleet footed child in a black Kill-Suit jumped, rolled and dove between one obstacle and the next constantly hounded by blue plasma bolts. The air was filled with smoke from the burning limo, techno music and the sounds of thousands of excited fans in the stands watching the spectacle. The back of her neck felt like it was sunburned from all of the plasma bolts nearly missing her as she sprinted up a stack of hewn logs, the white faced man in the leather-like cool suit laughed as he leisurely strolled after her and fired off another volley, “Ha ha ha, very impressive child, but you must be getting tired… Stop this and I will make your death quick!” The last log on the stack exploded into a shower of splinters just as she lept away, she rolled behind a reinforced Pheracrete battlement. “Really, I promise…” his smarmy voice taunted her, “ha ha ha!” The ground around her thrummed like the surface of a drum as the plasma bolts struck the battlement, sending the loose sand a foot off the ground with each strike. “Don’t you trust me??” Hitgirl growled into her mike, “And this is fair… HOW!?” Wesley barked back, “No unnecessary chatter, and switch to a scrambled channel, they may be listening in.” More shots blew craters into the battlement, “Oh, please come out and play… Ha ha ha…” She snarled into her mouthpiece, “This asshole in the gimp suit is really starting to piss me off!!! And I hate the fact that they seem to have all of the long range weapons.”

Fox chimed in after taking a few shots at the large slug, “If I had known they were going to blow up our limo I would have grabbed a few more guns.” Seltzer sighed as the hover-chariot swerved to try and avoid yet another lightening strike from the skull faced magic user whose malevolent laughter seemed to come from the storm clouds above the stadium. “Yes, yes, I know this all sucks…" He groaned into his headset, "Let’s make the best of it shall we?” Wesley added his ten cents as he jumped from bar to bar making his way up one of the giant jungle gym like structures, “When they said there would be a toss for the chariot I assumed they meant a coin, not our f&ing limo. Blowing it up was just [i]bullsht[/i]!” Another shower of energy forced the chariot to change course, “Just don’t gather together, if you do they will concentrate their firepower. Keep moving and if possible switch targets between yourselves, which might confuse them and buy you some time.”

Finally getting a hang for the controls the Professor made another course correction and prepared to put his hastily formed plan into action. The darkly cloaked magic caster raised his staff and caused the ground to open wide in front of the chariot, the Professor cut the bio-mechanical horses loose from their tethers. The horses darted away and avoided falling into the ravine and the chariot floated harmlessly over the gap, with only a little coaxing from the anti gravity unit to avoid losing altitude. He then flared the control fans to bank the now horseless hurtling chariot toward the large slug crouching behind a bunch of stacked sandbags. Its eyes rose on its eyestalks and grew wide at the sight of the oncoming chariot, it shrieked like a little girl right before it exploded into a massive shower of fluorescent green goo which traveled for dozens of meters.

Cheers erupted from the crowd and horns blazed as the scoreboard acknowledged the kill, the arena then began to morph and change in favor of the winning side. Spikes rose from the ground and smoke began to swirl around Skeletor obscuring his sight, this allowed Seltzer just enough time to escape the goo covered chariot before the angry magic caster hurled a fireball at it.

Fox called out over the communication net, “There! Above you Wesley!” He looked up and hanging from a collection of artfully spinning geometrical scaffolding was the Predator, its cloaking apparatus compromised by a spray of sticky Slurm. “I’ll bring him down to you Wes.” A group of explosive rounds sheared the globe from its base, the globe and its howling occupant descended onto the hill of flexing and morphing metal plates Wesley was perched on, his swords at the ready.

A storm of flashing arcs of steel and sparks erupted between the two trained killers, the stadiums occupants grew quiet as they drank in the spectacle; aroused and mesmerized by the deadly display. Eventually after a fierce and drawn out battle the Predator fell. The towering armored form slumped to its knees and then fell forward sliding part way down the artificial hill leaving a smear of glowing green blood. Horns again trumpeted as the playing field rotated and slowly mutated, money changed hands in the gambling dens and the crowd stood and cheered. Thankfully there were no Vuvuzelas…

The ground beneath Scorpius’ feet turned into ice, he cursed loudly as his footing became compromised. Strobing lights further disoriented him and he began to flounder about, curses in an alien tongue spewed from his twisted mouth. Seizing the opportunity Hitgirl vaulted over the damaged battlement and glided across the ice gracefully, her grin grew evil as she drew her katanas, “Growing up in the north east you learn how to deal with ice and snow, I guess you were not so lucky…” Scorpius raised one of his blasters but the sudden shift in weight and posture caused him to spin and flail about, Hitgirl crouched and slid behind him cutting his hamstrings cleanly. He fell like a sack of potatoes onto the slick ice, as she circled around for another strike he struggled to bring a blaster to bear. It and the hand attached to it sailed into the cold air as Japanese steel struck silently and suddenly, not knowing where his heart might be she opted to cut off his head instead. As it rolled away leaving a trail of dark blood behind another series of horns blared and the arena began to change once again.

A blanket of snow began to cover the arena as the team moved in on the final opponent; Fox’s shots careened off of his shield as the fierce looking mage kept firing bolts of eldritch energy at the Professor, trying to prevent him from making use of the blasters he had removed from Scorpius’ body. As the shield began to weaken under the constant buffeting from the other three team members attacks Wesley made his move.

Using the dreadlocks to steer with, he rode the Predator’s body down the hill like a bobsled. He burst through the shimmering shield and struck the skull faced warlord with his sword. As the wounded archvillan fell he dropped his Staff of Havok and cried out, “Curse you Ski Man!”

The team finds themselves momentarily dazed as they are beamed down to the arena, moments after their mission briefing ended.

“God, I hate last-minute missions!” Faith said.

She looked up and saw the line of enemies before them, and with a ‘Hell ya’ look at her team, she ran toward the Predator, her assigned enemy for the fight. With lots of hair-pulling, name-calling and biting, Faith clawed and scrapped her way to victory in hand-to-Predator combat. Not even a predator could take out a Slayer of the Vampyres.

Of course, the other fights didn’t go quite that smoothly.

Topher, with his super-brain and lack of a moral center, challenged Scorpius, who promptly cornered Topher and put a chip in Topher’s brain and implanted himself in Topher’s conscious to overpower him from the inside out.

However, due to his recent mind-download of “Farscape” last time around, he knew what to expect from that rat bastard; Topher steeled his brain and transported mental-Scorpius to his Dollhouse lab.

There, Topher, with the help of Ballard and Echo (“Man, she looks a lot like Faith,” he thought), they wrestled mental-Scorpius into the chair and wiped him while also implanting a personality that has Scorpius’ backstory but without the evil or animosity.

With now-docile Scorpius on his side, Topher found himself back in the real-world arena, with his trusty remote-wipe gun hanging from his belt.
With a gasp, the real Scorpius finds himself with no personality (a vast improvement); Topher, putting his arm around the empty-headed guy’s shoulder, points him toward The Slurm Queen, telling Scorpius she has yummy treats inside her. Scorpius climbs into her mouth and is promptly digested (the bastard).

After her fight with Predator concluded, Faith saw Gollum hanging back, turning himself invisible, then visible, then invisible again, over and over, oblivious to the fights going on around him. A rage unknown since a certain Slayer stabbed her gripped Faith, and she walked up to Gollum, grabbed the chain around his neck and broke it, taking the one ring for herself and throwing it down the throat of the Slurm Queen.

“You want it,” Faith seethed, “go and get it.”

Gollum, seized by the spirit of his inner-Berserker, looked at the Slurm Queen holding back his precious and attacked. With nothing but claws and teeth and feet, he dived into her flesh, determined to get his precious back. The Slurm Queen tried to fight back by rolling over him, but he just kept attacking her body, clawing through the layers as if they were cotton candy and he was a hobbit at the fair.

Eventually, this strategy got him down to her organ layer, where he attacked her stomach with increased fervor. After pushing back some bone and leather fragments left over from her Scorpius lunch, he recovered his precious. He retreated to a corner, once again appearing, then disappearing, as his fellows fought for their lives.

Up last was Tom Paris; he was tapped to face Skeletor, a fight he was woefully unprepared for, but there was no one left. He stepped into the hover chariot, grabbed the reins…and quickly decided on another method.

With a cocky grin, he walked toward Skeletor, with his hands raised in a submissive position. “I just want to talk,” Tom gulped, his fear not quite erasing his charm.

Tom slowly pulled out his trusty iPad, standard issue amongst nefarious no-goodnicks like himself, and gestured for Skeletor to come closer. “Look Skeley, can I call you Skeley?, this shiny box is a window to whole new world of entertainment that might help keep your mind off those evil impulses of yours. See, look what happens when I click on this part of the screen.”

Skeletor’s eyes lit up and glowed as he watched two scantily clad women embrace each other with increasing passion. “I thought this material was unavailable on Apple products; Steven Jobs is co-director of the Evil Overlord Committee, and he assured us-”

“Hey,” Tom interrupted, “What Jobs doesn’t know won’t hurt him. And this jailbreaked baby can handle all sorts of apps. So, I have a deal for you; switch to our side for the rest of the battle, and she’s yours.”

Skeletor looked at the screen, then down at his hands, which were itching to blast Tom and his whole team with lightning but would inevitably destroy the precious iPad. Back on the screen, the ladies were beginning to disrobe, and his decision was made. “I’ll join with you, but I want that…box now!”
“A deal’s a deal,” Tom smirked.

With Skeletor’s defection, the fight was over, the Earth was spared, and our heroes were left to go their separate ways.

Tom, back in his century, prepped for his first Maquis mission, sure that this would be the start of a new chapter in his charming, darin’-do life.

Faith, after burning off some steam at a local dance club, rejoined her inmates, sure that this time, she would get to watch “Toy Story” instead of “Glitter.”

Gollum, returned to his cave, where he played with his precious all day and all night…with not even one visitor.

And Topher, back at the Dollhouse, looked at Sierra after another day of her pretending to be some rich dude’s girlfriend, and smiled at his toys.

1. Yep. I think it only fitting. :slight_smile:

2. Yes but nothing too big like entire work stations or vehicles. Small tech can go as well.

Upon being materialized onto the combat arena of the Galactic Coliseum, our team comes face to face with the rivals that have been recruited to win this death-match. After looking over the competition, the warriors turn toward the three judges that could decide if they live or die.

All warriors salute and yell “We who are about to die, salute you Supreme Judges Sean, Chuck and Audra.”

As Supreme Judge of the competition, I Sean, declare that this shall be a one on one battle to the death where the team that survives shall be declared the winner.

In the first battle Han has to battle the Slurm Queen. To battle her Han jumps into the chariot and races at the giant slug. Rolling around her and dodging slurm, looking for a weak spot, Han comes up with a plan. Han directed the horses to the opposite end of the coliseum and races towards the back of the Slurm Queen. Approaching her at a fast pace, Han stops the horses short and gets them to spin around. This action ejects the chariot towards the Slurm Queen’s back and rams the chariot into her rectum. With her ability to stay alive tapped off, Han runs up her back and uses a sword to chop off her head.

After jumping off the dead heap of the Slurm Queen, Han immediately must fight against Scorpius, but unfortunately for Han, he is just too tired to fight. Scorpius is just too fast and fresh that he is able to cut down Han without much of a fight. Han’s fat head hits the sand with a thud.

Scorpius then turns to Kaylee as his next opponent. Searches around all he sees is the mechanical horses milling around. As he turns towards the other end of the area, he sees a flash from the corner of his eye. Kaylee wearing very little armor on mechanical horse galloping towards Scorpius. As the horse gets closer, bits of armor fall to the arena floor. Kaylee jumps off the mechanical horse without any armor now on her body. Scorpius looks at a naked Kaylee and finds her somewhat attractive but knows she is only human and must die. Appearing unarmed, Kaylee slowly stalks Scorpius. Taking Kaylee lightly, Scorpius paces around her just looking her over before he must kill her. Out of nowhere, Kaylee has a broad sword grasped in her hands. “Where were you hiding that little girl” he asked. “Oh, you really don’t want to know what it took to get that out,” screamed Kaylee. She lunged at Scorpius, but she heavy sword missed the mark. “Oh, little girl I am sorry I have to do this” as he took his sword and removed her head from her body.

As Kaylee’s body hit the sand, T’pol raced at Scorpius. Using all the stored up rage from seeing her best bathing buddy cut down, T’pol jumped at the killer of her friends and starting beating him with all her might. As her raged cooled, her logical side kicked in and she was able to disable her opponent with a neck pinch. Standing over the limp body of Scorpius, T’pol took an ax and chopped off his head with one swift stroke.

Skelator raced towards his target and starting talking himself up to T’pol. As the two stalked each other, T’pol figured that she could use the same move on Skelator as Scorpius. When she was able to get behind him, she used the neck pinch at what she thought would be his neck. She unfortunately could not pinch a nerve since he has none hidden under his cowl. Skelator took his purple sword and ran T’pol though with her on his back.

Skelator began monologuing about his great victory and starting walking towards the judges looking for the thumbs up. What he did not remember was that Ironhide was still in the arena and Skelator walked right in front of him. With great speed, Ironhide rammed into Skelator and with great ease, backed over the skull of Skelator with his tire and crushed the villain’s head.

Without warning, Ironhide’s tires were slashed by a cloaked and very fast Predator. Ironhide transformed into robot mode to combat this last challenger. He tried his sensors, but could not find the cloaked foe. The Predator jumps between obelisks of the arena and begins shooting Ironhide with his cannon. The shots injure Ironhide and force him in pain to the ground. The still cloaked Predator jumps down and stalks his prey. He takes his blades and slashes at the fallen hero. Not being able to see his foe, Ironhide starts to notices footprints in the sand. As he see set of fresh prints heading toward him, Ironhide with his last bit of strength raises his Plasma Cannon and fires at the foot prints. As the shot connects with the Predator, he is thrown back and knocked out. Ironhide then stands with all the strength he can muster and walks over the lifeless body of his foe, takes his foot and rams his heel into the face of the Predator.

Ironhide turns to the judges that give him a thumbs up through misty eyes. Seeing his fallen teammates lifeless bodies, he asks for help from the crowd in taking his friends away to be buried. Transforming back into truck mode, the judges come out of stands and carefully lift the bodies of our heroes into bed of Ironhide. As Ironhide drives off towards the exit on flat tires, the judges follow him with great sadness in their hearts after having to witness this grand battle and loss of great warriors.

Earth survives for another day but at what a great cost to us all.

Pilot- Corran Horn (X Wing Book Series)
Recon- Predator ‘Preddie’ (Predator franchise)
Tech- Henry Deacon (Eureka)
Martial Artist- Raizo (Ninja Assasin-movie)

Build it and they will come… or else!
or

The World Sear-ez 2010

A series of trumpet blasts sounded above the dust and smoke filled arena, and a flashing sign indicated the 15 minute mark had been reached. Below the hovering particulates a battle raged, with each explosion and gunshot the watching crowd reacted with cheers … or jeers.

The chariot swerved and narrowly negotiated between two giant icicles which fell into its path from the artificially created storm above, Henry nervously cast his eyes about the hectic battlefield around him, “I am a scientist, not a bloody Ben Hur…” Corran was deflecting blaster bolts from Scorpius as he struggled to get close enough for a strike, and Raizo was dodging shots of flying Slurm as he struggled to close in on the hovering Skeletor who seemed to derive a great deal of pleasure out of harassing Henry with elemental magic attacks. Which seriously messed with Henry’s logical and scientific mind, he looked around and frowned, “Where the Hell is Preddie?”

A giant hand made out of earth rose out of the ground in front of the speeding chariot, Henry’s eyes grew wide and he urged the biomechanical horses to change course as he loudly chanted, “Magic does not exist, magic does not exist!” The earthen hand narrowly missed the chariot but the hasty maneuver sent the hover chariot into a nasty skid which kicked up a huge dust cloud. The settling dust revealed where the two Predators had been hiding all this time, Henry looked down at the two sitting Predators, “Weeeeeell, there you are. What are you two up too?” Exposed the two shut off their cloaking fields and gave him an annoyed look, they both had their wallets out had apparently been sharing photos of some nature with each other.

He gave them a scolding look, “Really! You’re both going to just sit this out? You know your teams are going to be penalized for this right? Don’t you care?” The armored hunters both looked at each other, and then back at Henry; and nonchalantly shrugged. No sooner had he mentioned it, buzzers went off and the scoreboard reflected points being removed. And the arena floor began to rumble and all of the ‘safe zones’ retracted into the floor and sections of the playing field went dark, while others produced obstacles. Henry pierced Preddie with a fierce glare, “Happy now!?”

The two hunters leaned close and seemed to be conferring on something when a hate filled shriek erupted in the distance, which was quickly followed by a giant ball of thick congealed Slurm striking the elder Predator. The Slurm Queen cackled and was about to launch into a hysterical diatribe but never got the opportunity, the Master Hunter’s targeting system locked onto her in the blink of an eye. And near instantaneously converted her into a sticky sweet smelling green cloud with a lethal strike from his shoulder cannon. Horns blared triumphantly and the crowd’s loud cheers turned into disappointed ‘aaaaaah’s’ as the arenas environmental systems started sucking the intoxicating vapors away. Henry’s eyes were torn from the changing scoreboard by a combination of his horses nervous whinnying and Raizo scolding him though his earpiece, “What did I tell you about staying in one place too long!?”

A startled gasp escaped his lips when Henry turned and saw the skull faced mage standing in front of his chariot, it leaned forward and grasped the heads of his first two horses with his hands. Their heads exploded into a shower of polymers and sparks, it grinned in glee as the horses slumped lifelessly to the ground and its malevolent laughter sent shivers down the eccentric mechanic’s spine. Henry shoved the collective for the gravity coils as far as it would go and the chariot rose like a rocket a 100 meters into the air. The two live dangling horses protested loudly and thrashed about causing the chariot to rock back and forth, he leaned over the railing to tell them to calm down and saw a chilling sight. Skeletor was climbing up the rigging towards him, the cheesy organ music pouring from the announcer’s box and the rhythmic cheers which accompanied the electronic strands of music made the scene truly macabre. He apologized to the horses, “Sorry guys,” and pulled the release pin for the rigging.

Below the ‘Master Hunter’ Predator was arguing with a referee when he noticed the ground around him getting darker by the second, he looked up just in time to see the two dead and two very frightened horses plummeting toward him. He barely managed to utter a curse just before he was flattened by them; the rowdy crowd was treated once more to another shower of green fluids that night. Cheers rose high into the night air as an announcer whose voice sounded disturbingly like Richard Dawson’s worked the fans lke a pro, celebratory animations danced on the myriad display screens as electronica music rhythmically pounded overhead.

Henry slowly lowered his chariot and was greeted by a disturbing sight, a hovering Skeletor. It taunted him, “One does not so easily kill the leader of the Dark Legions, I am a master of the Dark Ar urk,” a chain snaked out of the darkness and wrapped around the throat of the warlord cutting off his threatening monologue. At the other end Raizo firmly grasped the chain and jumped off of the escapement he had been standing on, when his full weight pulled the chain taught Skeletor’s head popped off like a champagne cork. The headless body plummeted to the arena floor and when it struck and shattered colorful candy and small festive toys spewed from the hollow body. (:eek:Who knew?:eek:)

Corran came strutting over cradling Scorpius’s head, Raizo looked over while holding his ivory prize, “Oh, you got one too?” he beamed. Corran and Raizo set the heads down facing each other so they could talk to one other, and as they were leaving they overheard the beginnings of an argument between them over which of them had the more dramatic death scene.

As the chariot settled onto the floor of the arena Henry was greeted by a Predator covered from head to foot with green glowing bodily fluids, its eyes smoldered. Henry meekly offered, “About your friend… I hope your not ang- gurk” In one smooth motion Henry’s coveralls were torn from his body and used to towel off the iridescent blood. After an awkward nervous pause he started to comment, “Ow………, that hur-squitch” it was cut short by now soggy coveralls flung into and now wrapping around his face. He could hear a slow gravely chuckle through the blood soaked denim.

Corran and Raizo shook their heads, “Predator humor…”

Team Starsaber
Pilot: Tom Paris
Tech: Rodney McKay
Recon: Sarah Walker
Martial Artist: Mara Jade Skywalker

“So, we only get hand weapons but one of our opponents has a freaking personal cloaking device?” Rodney asked as the Predator disappeared.

“I’ll take care of him,” Mara shouted, jumping out of the chariot as she ignited her lightsaber.

Tom swerved the chariot to the side, keeping it close to the wall. As he stopped it, Sarah threw the first two of her throwing knives, pinning Skelator to the wall by his hood.

Tom saw Scorpius lining up for a shot at Sarah and fired his phaser few times, forcing Scorpius to keep his head down.

“OK, it’s ready,” Rodney shouted, looking up from the tricorder Tom had given him. Without another word, he hit a key on the tricorder and tossed it out of the chariot. It didn’t even hit the ground before emitting a very high-pitched noise. While it didn’t have any effect on Skelator (because of his lack of ears) or the Predator (because of its helmet), the sound forced Scorpius to cover his ears rather than continuing to shoot. The Slurm Queen got it even worse, since her arms weren’t long enough for her to cover her ears.

This made Scorpius an easy target for Sarah as Tom turned his phaser up to disintegrate and fired at the Slurm Queen.

Rodney grabbed his P-90 and started firing at Skelator. Suddenly, after a slash from Mara’s lightsaber, an arm appeared out of nowhere and fell to the dirt floor.

“Damn,” Tom said as his phaser beam cut out. “It’s still mostly there.”

The Slurm Queen continued undulating toward them, despite the massive hole the phaser had disintegrated in it. Both Rodney and Sarah turned toward the Slurm Queen and fired their guns at her, emptying them with no real effect. As they reloaded another arm fell to the ground near Mara and she turned to the Slurm Queen and fired the blaster in her off hand twice, shooting out the Queen’s eye stalks.

“ENOUGH!” a voice boomed through the arena. “THEY ARE NO LONGER CAPABLE OF DEFENDING THEMSELVES! YOU HAVE WON!”

That’s frakkin brilliant!!

I promise. I did not read any solutions, especially yours before I wrote mine. I cannot believe how similar ours were. You had the loincloth, blinding light, used the terms puny human and followed suit. That’s uncanny! Hivemind in full effect.

giggle

BWHAHAHA!!

I love that. Nice job, Albatross.

drool

blinks Oh My! :eek:

OK. That was frakkin hilarious!

Gruesome. I like it.

Next time we do this. I’m picking a Jedi. They come in handy. Hmmm, who to pick? Who to Pick? I know! Mace Windu with Jules Winnfield’s personality. “This party’s over, muthafrakker!!”

The air is humid, and the tension is mounting as our heroes are waiting in the arena tunnel, the sun is beating down upon the arena and they can hear the crowd chanting (Another bites the dust and A-WE-O, oh We-O (like georgian monks)), and with each chant, the atmosphere starts to reach fever pitch. The crowd have various signs such as

‘Sean 3:16’
‘You keep what you kill’
‘Slurm, Slurm, the beautiful drink’
‘He doesn’t have the POWER!!!’
‘If I had a gold coin every time I was boned at the Delphi Temple event’

Suddenly, the doors open and sunlight fills the tunnels as they get marched out to the centre of the arena, the sand crunching beneath their feet. In the high stands, the grand pumba alien of entertainment is lying on a chaise getting fanned by a bevy of beauties and he is being fed grapes by a legion of toga wearing maidens. Sitting next to him is his queen, Shannon of Foxiera, and his faithful steed, dressed like a war dog is also on a dog bed being fanned by a bevy of beauties and being fed a variety of cheeses and dog biscuits.

Scattered around the arenas are various weapons and next to our heroes, there is a chariot that is gleaming under the three suns.

Forge looks at the chariot and goes over to it and begins to upgrade the horses and chariot. 10 minutes later, he walks back over and smiles to the others.

With the combatants ready to fight, the grand pumba alien motions in muppet like motion (imagine Elmo excited) and a Sean scream voice, “FIGHT!!!”…

With that, the Predator immediately cloaks, while the slurm queen, Scorpius and Skeltor advance. Xander hops into the chariot and starts to race around the arena, and as he passes the queen, he winks, picks her up and places her next to him in the chariot. “Welcome to the Xander Zone Baby" as he looks at her luscious green form. The Queen giggles as she gets seduced. He continues to accelerate around the arena going faster and faster.

Meanwhile, skeletor has picked up a pole-arm and a sword and is approaching Reed Richards who is preparing to fight the bony one. Richard comments, “You’re looking a bit gaunt, have you been eating well?” After a couple of swipes and stabs by skeletor, Richard expands and stretches himself out and envelops him squeezing him tighter and tighter into a ball. As the ball gets tighter, Skelteor starts to cry lamenting the fact that no one loves him, and that he’s only mean due to his issues with his body image, and that he’s jealous of He-man’s six pack abs. Meanwhile, Richard is contracting tighter and tighter to the point where there is a crunching sound. Richard then unexpands and within the purple robes is bone dust.

Forge is battling Scorpius intensely; they are evenly matched and are causing each other major damage. They are bleeding profusely when all of a sudden, Xander comes out of nowhere and causes the horses to breath fire due to the upgrades that Forge performed earlier. The fire cooks Forge only leaving his cybernetic leg behind. Due to Scorpius not liken the heat, the fire heats up the cooling rods in his head causing them to heat up and explode like a firecracker in a watermelon.

As all of this is happening, Xander causes the chariot to run over the outstretched Richards causing the chariot to launch into the air performing a corkscrew manoeuvre in front of the aliens (causing them to score him 10, 6, 1 and 5). The slurm queen is in an embrace while Xander is doing a superman as he imagines himself in the X games. As he composes himself, he kicks the Slurm queen out of the chariot causing her to fall to her death splattering the arena with goo.

Riddick looks over the weapons as the sun beats down on him; he adjusts his goggles and picks up a dagger and a net. He begins to move around as the invisible predator begins to move towards Riddick and manages to land a punch on Riddick that propels him backwards into the side of the arena.

Standing up slowly, he surveys the arena, as he notices the sand move where the predator treads. He rushes forward and instinctly ducks and spins around and sinks the blade into the predators stomach causing it to roar in pain. The predator then sinks a blade into Riddicks leg.This goes on for ages, as day turns into night and day, blood is everywhere as the two warriors fight each other. The aliens are asleep as they got bored a couple of hours ago. Finally, with a remark of “Let’s do this”. Riddick leaps off the side wall and sinks the blade deep into the predators neck, and with a savage cutting motion, slits its neck…He turns around after severing it head and holds it aloft and shouts we are victorous.

Kicking Butt – 80’s Style

The arena throngs with fans as Team 80’s gears up in the Preparation Quarters of Doom. Johnny Five helps install Max into the hover chariot, Indy holsters his signature whip before skimming the brow of his fedora, and college student Sean Barker wastes no time. “GUYVER!” he shouts, activating his alien biomechanical armor.

As the gate before them rises, they rush the field. Johnny Five, riding the hover chariot, hurls petty insults at the home team, angering Scorpius and Skelator enough to chase after him. Max swerves the chariot around the arena while J5 does his best just to hold on.

Indy makes a bull rush for the Slurm queen, climbing up her side and onto her back. “HAVE SOME SLURM!” she yells, before pointing her tail upward and dousing herself and Indy in deliciously addictive Slurm rain. It seeps into Indy’s pores and before he even knows how to resist, he suddenly wants more Slurm.

Things go equally poorly for Guyver, who makes a mad rush at – nothing at all. The Predator’s active camouflage gives him the immediate advantage. Figuring he’ll get around to his designated opponent soon enough, Guyver starts running to help take down Scorpius & Skelator. Unfortunately, before he gets very far, he’s clothes-lined out of nowhere.

Meanwhile, Scorpius has managed to grab hold onto the chariot, flying off it with one hand. He speaks to Johnny Five, “Think about this, John! This violence is senseless. Join me!”

Johnny takes a tread toward Scorpius before Max cuts in. “Flip It, Mr. Five!” As Johnny Five braces himself against the chariot’s railing and puts his treads in the air, Max pushes the chariot into the air, and flips it over. Scorpius flops onto the hover chariot’s repulsors, frying him moments after the heat boils his Sebatian blood.

The chariot, now riding Johnny Five’s tank treads, comes to a halt as Skelator, standing mightily with one hand on his hip and the other forward, punches the front of the chariot. Max and Johnny are separated and Skelator looms large over Mr. Five.

Indy has begun pleading with the Slurm Queen for more, “I just need one more taste of Slurm, so I can remember it for later anthropological records!” But the Slurm Queen is a harsh mistress and prepares to crush Indy beneath her massive bulbous tail. Just as her weight is about to come down upon Indy, the desire for life kicks in and overrides Indy’s new addiction. He busts out his whip and slashes at the Slurm Queen.

“oOooooh!” She yells. “What was that?!” Indy whips her again and again. He whips her hard anywhere he can, all over her long, fleshy body. “Please, don’t stop!” she cries out… in pleasure? It seems in this battle of desire, Indy is winning. However, in the distance, he can hear Guyver’s cries for help against an invisible foe.

“My Queen!” Indy gives the ultimatum, “If you want me to continue, spray Slurm! Spray it upon everything to the East!”

As the Slurm comes down over him, giving away his position, the Predator disengages his cloaking device. He stands before Guyver, a biomechanical armor showdown. The Predator tries firing his energy weapon, but alas (for him) it has shorted out coated in sticky Slurm. Guyver lunges toward the Predator, engaging him in Hand-to-Hand. It isn’t long before the Guyver’s overpowered martial brawling style gets the upper hand – he’s fought with his fists more than the Predator. A quick leg sweep and the predator is on his knees. The Guyver executes his opponent by impaling him with his elbow spikes.

“SKELETOR UP IN THIS MOTHER!” The entire team turns to face the final opponent, but only Johnny Five is close to him. Skelator charges forward.

The sentient robot scans his database of memories for anything that will help before his eyes widen and he knows. Raising one hand up, he yells, “Por la energía de Grayskull, soy él-Man” A bolt of lightning cracks the sky, materializing a giant sword in Johnny’s mechanical grasp. Immediately, Mr. Five brings the sword down, cleaving Skelator in half just in time. “¡Tengo la energía!”

Indy, riding the Slurm Queen, comes over to pat Johnny Five on the back and ask the robot, “why Spanish?”

“Los circuitos dañaron.” Johnny Five replies. Now Indy knows.

Guyver helps flip over the chariot so Max can once again see the battlefield. The team in triumph joins hands and salutes the arena.

—This is the deadline (at least, it is 4 1/2 hours after the deadline)—

Thank you.

Dang work always making me… work. After the buzzer yet again, but still super fun.

Damn I missed this! This would have been an easy one, all I had to do was unleash Bruce Lee!

I wish I had had time to respond to this one - but see the Cool craaap thread, and you’ll know where my time went :wink: