Friday Night Geek Party/Live-Audience Podcast (3/19) RSVP, Please

Join us Friday night for the awesome kickoff to three days of fun: a party and podcast.

Where

This event will be held in the host hotel’s extremely cool bar/lounge and event room. (Check the Hotel Information post for pictures.)

Aloft Plano
6853 North Dallas Parkway
Plano, TX 75024

When

Early-arrivers can begin gathering as early as 4:00 p.m as that’s when the bar opens for the party. The party officially starts at 6:00 p.m. The live-audence podcast will start at 8:00 p.m. and run between 60 and 120 minutes. Afterwards the audience and crew will retire to the bar again and continue the party 'till late. The bar remains open until 1:00 a.m., and the space is available all night.

Attire

This event is casual, and costumes are allowed and encouraged. The hotel is aware that you may come in costume and they’re completely fine with it. We do ask that if you plan on bringing prop/inert weapons, please let us know so we can secure them and make arrangements with the hotel staff so you don’t scare the hell out of them.

How

We have some space limits associated with this event. We don’t imagine we’ll run into any problems with too many people in attendance, but because of this fact we’re treating this as an invitation/RSVP event.

Getting an “invitation” is easy. PM or email me with the following information:

[ul]
[li]Your real name. (We won’t share this.)[/li][li]Name you would like on your invitation.[/li][li]How many people are in your party.[/li][li]An email/phone where we can reach you in case anything changes. (We don’t expect any changes, but like to be prepared.)[/li][li]If you’re coming from out of town, please note this fact (and if you don’t mind, tell us from where – just for our own interest).[/li][li]If you’re staying at the hotel for the meetup (and you should if you’re coming from out of town), please note this fact.[/li][/ul]
I’ll put you on the official list and reply to you with your invitation in PDF format. There is no charge for attending the event.

Please note that to RSVP for this event you need to PM or email me with all the information above.

We also ask that if you’ve received an invitation and find out that you can’t come, please let us know so we can update our planning accordingly.

FAQ

How will the podcast work?

We’re still working out the details, but we’ll definitely be streaming the podcast live via audio, and possibly via video. It’ll be a very interactive cast. Those of you in attendance will get to participate actively with the crew for all to hear. We’ll also distribute the podcast via the normal fashion.

Is it a real bar?

Yes. The party location is a full cash bar and accepts cash and credit.

Will there be food available?

Yes. We’ll post more detail as we get this all worked out, but there will be food options at the party. The venue is food-friendly.

Can we party late?

Yes. The bar closes at 1:00 a.m., but you’re welcome to continue the party as long as you like.

Is there an RSVP deadline?

But already have a work obligation scheduled that weekend… maybe that will change and if so I’m there…

I won’t be there. But I would love to hear a room full of Alpacas singing the Firefly theme.

The real version, or the Bedlam Bards’ “You Can’t Take My Show From Me” version? :wink:

Which episodes will we be on by then? Is “Jaynestown” one of them?

:smiley: One of the things I love about the commentaries in the DVD is that the actors would interrupt whatever they were talking about and start belting out the Firefly theme when it comes on.

But anyway, I ditto that sentiment! Can’t wait to hear it.

so sorry y’all but i cannot make it :o

Sean, have you checked out the kids’ playground?

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/alofthotels/property/features/fas_detail.html?propertyID=3155&fasXRefId=1002029341

Sadly, Sean’s over the 12 yr old age limit. :frowning:

Ok, here’s my pain in the ass question. (assuming the plan is still to stream the audio live). Is the start time 8 pm Central (Texas) Time?

Is the streaming address posted yet?

I would assume it will be there: http://www.galacticwatercooler.com/live/

Correct. Juan will be running audio through Ustream.

whaaaaa!!

Hear y’all tonight. sniff

Is it using our forum login info?

Aw, sad talosbunny makes me cry. :frowning:

Nope. You have to sign up to ustream. That’s a funny name, no? ustream. Now I have to go potty.

teehee ustream, istream, we all stream for ustream! :stuck_out_tongue:

me down stream

I just noticed…I have a double chin. UGH!

Ustream was better than Talkshoe. That was loads of fun.

It goes with the double-ears. :slight_smile:

Ustream was better than Talkshoe. That was loads of fun.

Yeah, I much prefer that interface.

hugs

You were here in spirit hun.

Maybe now that it is getting warmer we should plan another lunchtime NYC crew meet-up