Frak Parties Forum - FYI

It has been remarkable to watch the GWC community develop and grow over the last two years. One significant event has been people taking the initiative and organizing their own frak parties. What started as a way to watch the re-watch together grew into something new: People started watching movies together because they wanted to enjoy them together. My favorite example is still Henry V. (that’s right…Henry V).

So here you go…the BSG Frak Party forum has been re purposed as a community frak party space. Anyone can start a thread now…so whether you want to watch the current re-watch together, or watch Fringe live…or organize a re-watch of your own, (Bill and Ted? Better off Dead? Big Lebowski?). The distinction of this forum is that it is for live discussions.

Enjoy! :smiley:

:smiley: Thanks Solai! :smiley:

Are you planning to move the previous frak parties into this forum or is this just for everything after this point?

I have been slowly moving them in…if there are others I haven’t shoot me a PM with a link and I’ll move them over.

Just to gauge people’s interest, I’m gonna throw in some ideas:

Brazil, Dark City, Aliens series, Close Encounter of the 3rd Count, Children of Men, Bladerunner, Fight Club, Eddie Izzard(Dressed to Kill, Circle, Definite Article, Glorious), anything Alfred Hitchcock, Fifth Element, any of the 007 movies, Life of Brian, Meaning of Life, The Usual Suspect, Austin Powers series, Big Lebowski, Ferris Bueller, Ocean’s series, Resident Evil series, Shawshank Redemption, Spy Game, Anime movies…

(I’m just randomly reading off from my DVD/DivX collection.)

Thank you, Solai!!! as you know, you rock!

(Henry was my favorite too–wish you could’ve joined in)

Yeah, and even more amazing, none of us even saw Henry I, Henry:Reloaded, Henry III andHenry Resurrection (IV) :smiley:

Actually, it goes like this: Henry IV, Henry V, Henry VI… Henry I, Henry II, Henry III, Tudors Wars (animated), Expanded Dynasty stuff.

that’s actually pretty funny, because there is a prequel (Henry IV, parts 1 & 2) and a sequel (Henry VI, parts 1, 2, & 3) But Henry VI came first, then Henry IV, and then Henry V

maybe Lucas had something to do with it after all?

I was just thinking the same thing as I was looking through my collection. (I just put in the 2006 version of Macbeth, if anyone else has it and/or is interested.) Maybe a poll is in order to gauge some interest. Pike will be so pleased. :smiley:

Of course you all must have seen Henry VI: The War of the Roses, starring Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner? woof. :stuck_out_tongue:

I seem to be a little confused. Community Frak Party sounds like a meet up with benefits. Do I need to get tested and pick a safe word?

Yes.

baltar

LOL. Now, refresh my memory was Douglas the House of Lancaster and Turner the House of York, or was it the other way around.
(I only know so much about the War of the Roses because of the great board game “Kingmaker”.)

Other than that movie (which I love BTW), I only know about it because I live in Lancaster, PA, and the closest city is York. Not only did they take the same names, but they kept the rose themes and colors. So we could have our own little War of the Roses straight down the highway. :slight_smile:

I was just now going back and reading the Henry V Frak party thread…(that was awesome fun by the way ) …and I just discovered that during that Frak party, we made an unofficial vow to do a Henry V Frak Party all over again on “St Crispins Day, October 25”. So mark ye calendars.

Woohoo!! Another playground. Yipee Skippy! Thanx GWC! Thanx Solai. As the Lady D’s siggy says, Solai Rocks!!

About the whole Frak Party and obvious image it conjures, I think that adds to the mystique. As everyone knows, Frak sells!!

I’d be interested in viewing some non-English language sci-fi if others would be up for it…

and PS I heard “frak party” in a conversation the other day in the office and it was awesome. It was even used to describe what a frak party actually is. I heart people, really I do.

I’m guessing you mean something in a language that we actually understand? I’m not sure how well reading subtitles and posting on the forum at the same time would work. :rolleyes:

Any suggestions? The only things coming to mind at the moment are The Host and Pan’s Labyrinth (which isn’t really sci-fi but is unspeakably awesome). Ooh, and Night Watch & Day Watch, neither of which are sci-fi, although still amazing.

and PS I heard “frak party” in a conversation the other day in the office and it was awesome. It was even used to describe what a frak party actually is. I heart people, really I do.

I wish I knew more geeks IRL. :frowning:

I’m all for challenging our multi-tasking skills. :smiley:

I was actually considering subtitled movies… but if others aren’t interested I can just watch those on my own (EDIT: And report back, of course). :slight_smile: no worries.

I’m with Poofy–I had trouble with the Excalibur frak party because it was a movie I wasn’t already familiar with. if I had to read subtitles and keep up with posting and reading others’ comments, I think my brain might explode.