Favorite Character in the Firefly verse that was and is

I know its not fair but here we are;)

what No Hoban “Wash” Washburne!!!

Tough one, for me it’s probably a toss up between Mal and Jayne. I’d probably have to go with Mal though

Wash was my fav…he had some great lines. :slight_smile:

one of my fav quotes was this

Hoban ‘Wash’ Washburn: I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.

I have to go with YoSaffBridge. She’s my favorite.

And Captain Tightpants.

To be fair, without even blinking I choose Mal. I also feel that this is the easiest choice as this is his show. Instead I chose the character who for my “first time through” wasn’t my favorite, but my least favorite. He annoyed me everytime he was on screen as personifying that specific archetype.

I can’t point to exactly when my opinion changed, but change it did. He won me over. I slowly realized the depth of his performance and the nuance he brought to the role. Suddenly his lines gained resonance, his humor amplified.

I vote for Jayne…because he is true to himself, a thug with at least a portion of a heart and has the capacity to grow.

“If you can’t do something smart…do something right”

Damn see this is what what happens when i try something new. of corse Wash is in the poll i just messed up in the making of said poll

so to add

Wash: He has dinosaur toys, saves all there lives on a almost weekly basis, and, lest we forget the mustache

Waaaaaaaaash!!!11

/Kirk

I picked Kaylee for purely pruitanical reasons (that means I wanna frak her, right?)…

By the way, I downloaded he soundtrack to the series and I’m listening to it right now… it’s really soothing and sweet.

— Dismal the offensive music lover

LOL

I picked River because I was so intrigued by her backstory and the fact that at any moment she would snap. I think it is also because I once wrote a short story with a character similiar to her in it. Just revealing my bias.

What happened to Wash?

Serenity.

And some extra words to get past the lameness filter.

I can’t seem to choose-- they all compliment each other. But I guess I’ll go with who my gut is telling me- Jayne. He always surprises me and I like that in a character. Plus he isn’t the obvious choice, so this makes me feel like a rebel.

I like that Kaylee is tied for the lead. Of all characters, she’s probably the one I’d actually get along with best IRL. Simon’s stuck up, Mal’s a dick, Zoey is full of her bad self, Shepard won’t give anyone a straight answer, River is dangerous, and Jayne is… well, pretty much all of the above.

Love all the characters, but if we’re really out of gas I’m taking Kaylee and Wash in the free shuttle. The rest of you are with that drama queen Inara.

No love for Shepherd Book!! I love his voice. He can narrate my life story anyday. Move over Morgan Freeman, here comes Ron Glass.

While I LOVE all of he characters, I picked Zoe. Maybe I jus thave a hotspot for second in comands/sidekicks

Does that mean you love Tigh too!!! We need a name for our fan club…:slight_smile:

Are you kidding me? I LOVE Tigh lol…well…in theory…Helo was XO once to, so we might have to have been join the club, but we should start our very own second in command fan club! Sidekicks, unite!

You know I had to watch the entire movie, Serenity over because I sat thru it the first time going, “I know that man, but where?” or “Who the hell is that?” And when the credits were rolling I finally figured it out: Barney Miller. Because of that Ron Glass is awesome, he made miss an awesome movie. So he, River and Jayne get my vote. Mostly Jayne, hero of Canton.