Fantasy Sci-fi Voting Round 1 - Meteor

Buffy’s basically human (and maybe a little more :p). In any case, the show established that a Slayer’s offspring is a normal human. It’s just rare that any Slayer ever survives long enough to have children.

though it will soon turn into a huge incest-fest in order to carry on the torch…

Im sure Brainiac can create clones with modified gene sequences to increase the genetic diversity necessary to sustain a population. Why he would I have no idea, but he could. :cool: Ahh Daniel Jackson, you lucky SOB. Living out the rest of your life with Ms. Summers? Trust me, there are worse ways to go. :smiley:

what Sy Snootles and Data would have to say to one another.

So my team of Marcus Wright, Rodney McKay, Asuma Sarutobi, and Plo Koon would handle this as such.

Rodney gets a Daedelus-class Battlecruiser and brings the crew up to the meteor. Asuma jumps down onto the meteor and uses his wind ninja magic blades and cuts a giant X shaped fizzure into the center of the meteor and gets beamed back to the Daedelus. Plo Koon pilots an F302 while Marcus is in the gunner seat and they fire a naqueda tipped nuke into the center of the meteor blowing it into billions and pieces that just make it into a firework show for all of earth.

Oh and Rodney gets it on with his figment of imagination Sam Carter.

How dare you!!! Chakra is to Magic as Audra is to Uncool. :wink:

Also, in what universe would anyone give Rodney the keys to a shinny new Daedalus? :smiley:

The universe where a meteor is hurtlin towards a planet =P

AND I’LL CALL IT MAGIC IF I WANT TO SIR

Magic is for Elves. Even Azuma could take out the entire Orc force single handed, with only taijutsu. :cool:

Why do you think I finally posted a solution to last weeks?

In order to post one for this weeks! =D

Pein and Sen returned back to the platform and upon their arrival they noticed that a pod similar to the others in the chamber had appeared out of the column. Suddenly with a release of compressed air the lid of the pod sprang open. They all stood around the pod a bit stunned at what they were looking at. It was a body of a humanoid life form yet was very reptilian in appearance. As Sam began to examine he took note of the fine detail of the scales. They were hard yet surprisingly flexible and they had an interesting shading. Sam suspected that this shading was a bit like a fingerprint on humans, unique to the individual. Each hand had only three digits and short claws at the end of each. It had no hair on its body and no ears on its head. There was a transparent mask over its face apparently for breathing but certain facts could still be noted. The nose was long and flat, the teeth were short but sharp and it had a forked tongue. Sam also recognized that the head was a bit larger than the average humans and that this creature appeared to be very old. With a gasp that made both Sam and Pein jump the humanoid (which Sam had identified as male) began struggling for breath. With no way to assist him the team could only stand by and watch him fight. Before his last breath only a few words were audible but without more info Sam had no idea what they meant. “What do we do now?”, Pein asked. “We can assume that the rest of these pods all have more of these creatures in suspended animation” Sam answered. “If we try and revive them will they all die too?” Pein asked. “It doesn’t appear to be a technical malfunction, without an autopsy and much more knowledge of their physiology we can’t know the cause of death. It may have just been old age or that the reanimation process was too much. Either way we need to know more and I think this has given us an opportunity.” With a smile Sam touched a control on the arm of his suit and said, “Neytiri, can you disengage from the ship and join us on board the sphere? Oh, and please bring a medical kit.”

Having to bend low to get through the airlock was worth it when Neytiri entered the chamber. It was a much different sight now then it was when the rest of the crew entered. Being able to see the platform clearly she kicked off the door. She floated thru the air like she was flying and as she reached the platform she twisted in the air like a gymnast and landed softly on the platform. “Looks like you have been having fun without me”, said Neytiri. “Yes, but it was nothing to the fun your about to have”, Sam said. “Meet our new friend.” Neytiri was a little taken back, she had never seen any other humanoids besides humans. She noticed in many similarities between the two of them. He had a larger torso then she did but they were both taller and leaner then humans. Their faces were similar in shape but he had scales, no ears and the nose was wider. “Our friend passed away just a little while ago but I would like you to try and connect with his mind. Are you okay with that?” Sam asked. “What do we need from him?” she asked. “First we need to know if we can prevent this ship from hitting Earth. Second we should see if we can communicate with them.” Sam replied. “This should be interesting”, she said with a grin. Sen assisted Sam by turning over the “old man” and forming a restraining harness to keep him perfectly still. Sam set the medical kit on Sen who molded around it to hold it in place. Sam began by making an incision in the back of the reptilian neck. It took a few cuts because of the strength of the scales. “Spreaders” Sam said to Sen and two arms came out of the harness to spread away the skin and tissue around the vertebrae. Neytiri handed Sam her Queue and he placed it near the spine. The neural fibers began to wrap around and through the vertebrae to make contact with the spinal cord. As they made contact Pein saw that she was loosing balance and moved to assist her. “How do you feel?”, Sam asked worried. “It is like being flooded with so much info you can’t tell where to begin. He was the leader of these people, more like a chief then a captain. He wanted you to find his daughter. His name was Cipactli and her name is Awanata. She inherited his position when he passed. He was old and new he didn’t have long. He had spent a long time outside the “sleep chamber” searching for planets and making repairs.” Neytiri continued in an almost trance like state. “They were from this planet, Earth. Their land was called Mu. They left because there was a disaster that made the planet uninhabitable. This technology along with their physiology prevents aging but they were still very limited in their tech for interstellar travel. The hope was to find a compatible planet to rebuild. Several ships were sent out in different directions. This one searched for megayears but no suitable planets were found. In the end he set it to return to this planet hoping it would be habitable again.” “Do you understand their language, can you control this ship”, Sam asked. “I believe so”, she replied. They helped Neytiri to the console and she began working the controls like it was second nature to her. “There is not enough power to land the ship but I believe I can get it into a stable orbit”, Neytiri said. “I wish you could try this Doc, you wouldn’t believe the things this ship has seen.”

After they settled into a stable orbit they turned off the engine to allow enough power for life support and to revive the Mu. “Can you locate Awanata?”, Sam asked Neytiri. “Yes, she is the first pod in the chain on this row”, she said as she pointed behind herself. She turned to Sen and asked him to approach. They talked for several minutes while Sam and Pein moved around to the opposite side of the column. After they finished talking Sen moved over to the pod and while doing so took the appearance of Cipactli. Sen moved to the side of the pod as Neytiri started the revival process. The lid sprang open just as before. It took a few minutes before she opened her eyes. She awoke with a smile seeing her father looking down at her but his face was much older then she remembered. “Have we arrive?”, she asked. “Honey, it has been a long time since we left. We couldn’t find another planet but we have arrived back home. I need to explain a few things so please be strong. The planet is safe now but there are already many lifeforms living there. A few of them have made it to the ship and are helping us as we speak. Don’t be afraid of them, they will help you. Now there is one last thing I need you to do.” “What is it?”, she asked. “I need you to take care of the tribe. I have raised you to be a brave leader. You must help them rebuild the lives we left here so long ago. It will not be easy but I know you can do it.” “What about you, father”, she asked almost afraid of the answer. “I am on borrowed time. I spent so long trying to find a place for us and the journey has lead us home. I won’t survive another revival so I am leaving the rest to you. I am so proud of you that I have no fear what the future holds. I love you.” Sen finished as he move away from the pod. Awanata laid in the chamber for several minutes crying. After she had fully processed what had been said she wiped away the tears and prepared herself for the task to come. Before she sat up she whispered to herself one thing, “Goodbye dad”.

I should do the same!

My team (as a reminder):

Robot: Robby the Robot
Scientist: John Chriton
Warrior: WH40K Space Marine
Alien: Yoda

So, as part of what we get graded on is teamwork, I shall attempt to use my whole team.

First, John and Robby the Robot will calculate the trajectory of the meteor, it’s size and mass, and exactly where to bump it with Moya (John’s ship… sort of), at what speed to move it out of the path of the planet. The Space Marine, with his genetically altered reflexes, will manually pilot Moya to the exact point indicated by John and Robby, whole Yoda will use his force powers to make sure that Moya is protected during the bumping. They then push the meteor off course and away from the planet. When they return to the surface, humanity is grateful, and women (and men) throw themselves at them, but as John is the only one interested in sex with humans, has himself a good time.

-Chris

Awanata sat up cautiously not sure of what to expect. She saw a tall blue figure standing on the platform in front of her and said trying to keep her voice steady, “Hello”. Neytiri responded to Awanata in her own language, “It’s a pleasure to meet you Awa, my name is Neytiri”. “We are here to help you, how do you feel?” With one fluid movement Awa slid out of her pod and flung herself toward the platform. Even Neytiri was surprised by her agility. Awa was taller then her father but still at least a head shorter then Neytiri. As Awa took in the situation she felt anger at what they were doing to her fathers body but after a few moments she remembered what he had said. Meanwhile, Sen was rising out of the platform behind her and as if she could sense it she reached behind and grabbed Sen’s neck. Sen readjusted its shape to that of Cipactli and she loosened her grip. Immediately she had a moment of realization where the whole situation made sense. “You can read his mind, is that how you knew what he called me?”, she asked turning to Neytiri. “In a way, it is more like I am another part of his body, we call it Tsahaylu”, she replied. “You told this thing what to tell me?”, Awa asked. “Yes, because that is what he wanted you to know. I am not controlling his mind, I am able to send signals to his brain and they are processed as if I were him. Also, this “Thing” is called Sen. It is a conscious machine”, Neytiri concluded. By this time Awa had let go of Sen and was beginning to trust them. Awa was having a harder time reading Neytiri’s emotions then with any other person she ever encountered. (It was a gift she had since she was a child. It wasn’t very common among her people but had been appearing more commonly in the centuries preceding their fleeing the planet.) She assumed it must have to do with her ability to connect to others minds. She did however sense enough to know her intentions weren’t hostile. “I know you aren’t here alone” she said. “Yes”, Neytiri replied. “Allow me to introduce the rest of my team.” After she finished, Sam and Pein came out from around the corner and she introduced them. Awa was even more shocked at their appearance then she was with Neytiri’s, she was however very interested in piercings Pein had. She had never thought that anyone would put metal through their skin for appearance and was strangely attracted to it. She could read these two much easier then even her own people. She could feel the fascination Sam had in her but Pein’s emotions were so close to the surface she felt almost like they were her own. He was extremely attracted to her and she could feel the passion of his emotions were stronger then anything she had ever felt. Deciding to suppress that feeling until a more appropriate time she continued on. “So you two are from another planet?”, Awa asked. “Not exactly”, Neytiri replied. “I am actually from a planet several light years away, they are members of the species that evolved after you left.” “Well, then on behalf of my people let me thank you for your help. If you hadn’t came this ship would have caused the kind of destruction it was meant to escape”, Awa said with sincere gratitude as she lowered her hands with her palms faced out and lowered her head. Neytiri finished translating for the others (as she had since the introduction) and they all returned the gesture. After they all raised their heads Sam walked over to her and held out his hand. Awa returned the gesture and Sam shook her hand. She moved to Neytiri who took her hand and said, “Oel ngati kameie (I see you).” Then she moved to Sen who was returning to a human form and took its hand. She finally turned to Pein who had hung back a little ways. They moved towards each other and meet halfway. “It is a pleasure to meet you”, Pein said as he took her hand. There was a warmth there that they could both feel and Pein said with a smile that was very uncommon for him, “You have the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen.” Awa answered in a tone that needed no translation, “I know exacTly what you mean.”

Here we go:
Team “That’s Cheantin’” (In honor of Sean):
Robot: Unicron
Warrior: Superman holding a sword for the purposes of team selection
Scientist: Dr. Manhattan
Alien: An Ancient (I don’t know her name)

In a locker room somewhere
Me: Ok guys, not the best attempt. First I would like to give Superman congrats for moving the meteor out of the way with his pinky.
Ancient and Mr. Manhattan slow clap for Superman, Unicron simply watches on a nearby screen.
Me: Unfortunately, Unicron then proceeded to eat the planet Earth.
Unicron: I thought you meant save humanity as in “I’m going to save that morsel later for dinner.” By the way, I did get the girl/guy, many in fact!
Me: Sigh And Ancient, you did absolutely nothing!
Ancient: I did not interfere.
Mr. Manhattan: I believe I am due credit for the song.
Me: Yes, cloning yourself and humming loudly the Highlander theme, “Princes of the Universe”, would get you some credit if you hadn’t waited until Unicron started eating the Earth.
Mr. Manhattan: shrugs You do not understand time as I do.
Me: shakes head This is not a good sign. :frowning:

That was funny! I especially liked the ‘I did not interfere’ bit and Dr. Manhattan having his duplicates hum the Highlander theme. :smiley:

Seeing the imminent threat to earth. Kane begins gathering the resources of the brotherhood to repel the meteor. Legion is plugged into to the brotherhoods network’s to substitute for the now deceased cabal. Calculating the precise mathematics needed to repel the imminent apocalypse. The missile must be precisely on target. At a launch site in Egypt the missile takes shape. Doctor Impossible working around the clock to enhance it with a special kinetic reversal bomb, so that when the explosion occurs the derbies velocity will reverse, changing their course by 180 degree’s, away from earth.

The missile is launched with a bright glare, trailing smoke into the sky, as it soar’s past into the upper atmosphere it begins a shimmer a ominous red colour as the reversal device begins to activate, It collides with the meteor in a huge explosion, the derbies scattering in a more or less random pattern away from our typical blue marble.

Back at NOD hq the team celebrates with an all night dance party, Kane tries to convince Legion to join up with nod and stay on permanently but he politely declines, his people are the geth. But it does give Kane idea’s. The first song that comes over the speaker’s as the party really kicks up into gear is Hellmarch 3.

(I know, doesn’t quite fit, but I love that song. Also, if anyone guessed. Im a cnc fan ^_^)