Dragon Age II

There has been quite a bit of discussion about Dragon Age II in the Origins thread. I thought, considering the imminent release of this title, it really deserved its own thread.

I finally got to play the demo today. It took a little while, as I had to wait a week for it to be released for silver xbox live members. Also my internet connection is poor. I enjoyed the demo. I’ve played through it as a Warrior and a Mage. The demo covers a small portion at the start, then it skips ahead somewhat. The biggest difference I’ve noticed is the combat. It’s much faster than it was in Origins. I know there are a lot of people who are going to buy the game and won’t bother with the demo, but if you complete it while logged in, you’ll unlock a bonus sword for the main game.

Anyway, I’m really looking forward to the release of this game. I hope Amazon ship their orders nice and early (even though they did screw up pre-order bonuses).

I can’t wait for this game to come out, Tuesday can not get here fast enough for me. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve played the demo and I’m already hooked. Not bad for a demo that gives out next to nothing of the story, although the credits did give away a few of the returning characters we will be running in to.

I took off this coming Friday…hmmm what SHALL I do all day that day? :oops:

I’m seriously PUMPED for this! got my Bioware signature edition coming too since I’ve had it on preorder since early November!

insert Japanese school girl scream here !!!

I pre-ordered a few days ago and am getting very very excited. I havn’t played the demo yet. Probably too late as I expect to have the actual game in hand tomorrow after work. Another store in town is opening at midnight for DA II. I wonder how many people will actually be there in the wee hours.

I am not officially getting 2 copies of this game. The Signature Edition for the 360 and the regular edition for the PS3 since I own Dragon Age: Origins for both systems. I so can’t wait for this game, now I just to figure out where to hang my Dragon Age 2 display sign.

I’m lookin’ forward to getting home from work tomorrow and tearing into this bad boy! Woohoo!

Any opinions on if I should (or if it’s worth bothering to) play Awakening first? I hadn’t bothered, mostly because I spent the past 3 months playing every square foot of Fallout New Vegas, and now that II is coming out I’m wondering if I should, or just jump into the newest game.

Awakenings is like 12 hours long and is a pretty solid title in its own right. You should definitely play it first! Also there is a character from Awakenings that is returning in Dragon Age 2 so you’d be missing out on a lot of his back story if you skipped it.

I want I want I want. I just can’t justify buying it until I at least finish Origins. But I played the demo and it looks amazing!

I’m sad. I bought what I thought was the signature edition but was just the vanilla edition. I specifically clarified the point with the clerk when I ordered and paid but obviously she sold me something that did not exist at the time. Lots of “tut-tutting” from the other clerks along with shrugging and “not much I can doing”. I guess the woman I dealt with is known to be sloppy. I was so angry that I got my money back and left. Will wait a few weeks first before buying. Grrrrrr.

I’ve played the game for about 2 hours or so and it rocks! The PC version is nice and familiar with the combat being almost identical to DA:O, except with a lot nicer animations.

I really like the new skill tree, as it makes leveling up a breeze, and, while not dumbed down, it creates a nicer visual guide to character builds, if that makes sense.

Just gotta get my hands on some DLC and I’m all set :wink:

Btw, I made a:
Dragon Age II Spoilers Thread

My signature edition hasn’t been shipped yet. It will need to ship soon if I have any chance of getting it for tomorrow. But I think Friday or Saturday is more realistic. Would a single world wide release date really have been too much trouble?

Anyway I hope that my signature edition isn’t messed up. Over on the Bioware forums there are a number of stories about people not getting the correct version. It was far to complicated a system for a lot of the retailers. I think when it comes to Mass Effect 3, if they do this nonsense I’ll have to order from a number of retailers and cancel the ones I don’t want a little before dispatch.

BTW, to anyone who go the signature edition on the xbox, did Fadeshear and Lion of Orlais come as codes or are they on the disk, or do they download automatically. I’ve heard conflicting stories and there has been some issue regarding whether we who have ordered from Amazon.co.uk will get these bonus items. I’m not overly concerned, but Fadeshear looks really cool.

Xbox and PC gamers get a download code for Fadeshear and the Lion of Orlais that works on the Bioware Promo Code redemption page. PS3 users don’t get a code.

Hoo man is this game hilarious or what. I love the sarcastic dialogue choices, they are just brilliant! I can’t wait for work to be over so I can play this some more!

just because I’m afraid to go in the spoilers thread

I’ll keep it vague

but I freaking LOVE this game! its been a while now since I’ve had a game that I had to FORCE myself to stop playing and go get some sleep for work

its definetely one of those “oh I’ll stop after I finish this next quest…oh after this quest…oh after this quest…ok totally after this one…just one more!”

I’m loving the story as well so far, and really digging the characters I’ve recruited so far

My copy has finally been dispatched. I’m hoping for delivery tomorrow, but that seems somewhat optimistic. If I have to wait until Saturday, so be it. Usually when I pre-order from amazon I get it the day before the street date, unfortunately that hasn’t happened in this case.

Anyway reports are coming in that Fadeshear and Lion of Orlais are going to be included in our orders. I’ve been keeping an eye on a thread over on the bioware forums that’s gone on for weeks and is 38 pages long debating on whether we’ll get it or not. Amazon, Bioware and EA were all playing the blame game, and no one seemed to want to help. Hopefully it’ll all work out in the end.

I’m so loving this game!! It’s gonna be hard to put it down to come to the meetup. By the way anyone notice that some of the kirkwall city guard helmets kinda make them look like cylons? :smiley:

Yeah…March is going to be a horrible month for me; all the games I’ve been looking forward to come out in the same month all of my school stuff is due. Dragon Age is just the beginning…

That being said I’m probably going to check out Exiled Prince tonight. My readings can wait XD

Well, just went ahead and bought it. Probably not going to start playing until after I finish my Rogue playthrough on Origins though.

Looking at the voice cast list though, is it just me, or is the cast lighter on geek cred than usual for a Bioware game?