Doctor Who (2005) and Torchwood

Eeh…I don’t know. No point in owning every DVD of everything. Firefly, yeah. BSG, yeah. But Dr. Who as much as I love it, I don’t see a need to own the DVDs. Until society falls, and the Internet breaks and we’re all fighting in the streets, Dr Who is always available somehow if I want it. And when we’re fighting in the streets for food and gas, we’ll all be too busy to watch this stuff anyway. (except for maybe the Max Mad/Road Warrior films which will become useful “How To” videos.)

I know! And this of course after I have to deal with getting DVDs for two and three…

And I’m sure as soon as I give in and get four, it will be instant viewing, too. Because that’s just my luck, lol.

I was sick NYE and the BBCA’s Dr. Who marathon (a show I hadn’t really watched) got me hooked. I’d love to hear some GWCWHO’n. I’m not clear on this whole Torchwood thing yet but I’m going to investigate…

At the beginning of Christmas break, I decided to give Doctor Who a try. Today I finished season 3. :smiley:

I ended up buying them from Amazon.co.uk (and bought a region free DVD player) - at least series 1-3, mainly because I got them on sale, a huge sale - all 3 seasons for about 55 pounds including shipping (this was about $90), which is the cost of 1 box set here int he US.

Season 4 I bought on sale with a gift certificate (it is Region 1)

Oh you should check out TW too. I actually saw TW first, then then was convinced by a friend I need to see Who to “get” everything in TW. See there is a lot of little subtle things that are referenced again in either Who or in TW. And I fell in love with Who, although TW is still my first love when it comes to the two (I am a huge John Barrowman fan - not only from TW but his singing is amazing - I saw in in La Cage aux Folles in London in Nov)

You can enjoy them both separately - they are two VERY different shows that happen to share a character here and there. Not sure which epi’s you saw, but I am sure any of the GWC Whovians or Woodies could help you out and explain things - there is a thread for Who and TW or just DM me and I can point you in the right direction.

Ahhh, season 3 - my favorite. I didn’t like Martha all that much when I first saw her in TW, but she is my favorite companion of the 3 so far. That season also contains some of my favorite episodes, and the last 3 are amazing.

Thread necro’ing, I know, but the Crue definitely needs to do a nuWho/Torchwood arc. If it helps the cause any, Netflix has nuWho Series 1-4 and Torchwood Series 1-3 on instant watch now. Of course, I’d also like to hear y’all discuss the just finished Series 5 of DW, too.

I say that if you do any of it, one HAS to be Children of Earth as it is easily the most important sci-fi miniseries since the original V.

Just started watching Torchwood as it took awhile to get through the Dr. Who I was behind on. Still, WOULD ABSOLUTELY LOVE a Dr Who/Torchwood Arc. There’s so much to watch that I have to agree Children of Earth must be in the mix. I think an end of Season 3 Blink/Master fest would be a great place to start on Who…

I was watching since the 70’s. Then when I heard that BBC brought it back, I bought them on AmazonUK a year before SciFI started to air them here. I heard they turned it down originally because they thought it was too, “British.”
I saw Torchwood the same way, and even the Sarah Jane Smith Adventures.
Now I DL them all on iTunes.

Would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see our P’Casters really get into it as much as we have. If they need a hand, I would gladly assist in picking out best episodes to watch, and even talk to them about it.