Doctor Who (2005) and Torchwood

I am in Bensalem - almost to New Jersey - I live right near 95.

Yes I have lots Who left to watch.

As for the rumors - I get most of my info from either a friend in the UK, or from media outlets like TV Guide. I tend to avoid specific spoilers, but don’t mind knowing what an episode or season is going to be about (like I knew that Razor was going to be about Lee’s command before I saw it). Of course with Torchwood I actually watched the last 2 episodes before they were on BBCA - but I had an excuse I wasn’t going to be home for them - I was going to be in London (and I am inpatient) - I still DVR’d them and have since rewatched them at least once.

I learned the hard way - I knew everything that was going to happen in the S3 finale of BSG - since then I have been much better about avoiding specifics.

As for the rumors you are talking about, yes they exist, and yes I know they are there and even know what some of them are, but I tend not to believe it until I see it.

I agree the UK does love their spoilers. They put them on the BBC Doctor Who website and on the front pages of their tabloid newpapers. I found out about the appearance of the [spoiler] Master [/spoiler]and the [spoiler]Dalek hybrid [/spoiler]and the[spoiler]Sontarans [/spoiler]and the [spoiler] 5th doctor[/spoiler] well before the episodes aired. Almost impossible to avoid UK spoilers. OTOH, I have never considered how many episodes were to air in a season to be a spoiler. Is it?

BTW, I love this multiple quote thing. I tried it. Not working so much for me.

I think Keara and I got lost in that area when we went to pick up her dog in NJ. Ever been out this way? You haven’t lived until you’ve seen piles of horse dung on a public road. :smiley:

As for the rumors you are talking about, yes they exist, and yes I know they are there and even know what some of them are, but I tend not to believe it until I see it.

Yeah, I tend to agree, but when I was originally reading an article about the future distribution of episodes, it was so littered with so many disturbing spoilers that I just stopped seeking out any info at all about the show. The ones about Torchwood in particular bugged me, so I just stopped reading the article right then and there.

The anagram was mentioned on Wikipedia as well, which is where I found out. Can’t say that one was a huge shock, although I may not have expected it right then and there.

and the [spoiler]Dalek hybrid [/spoiler]

I found out about that one after the fact, but wasn’t “the big reveal” plastered on the cover of a magazine? Not even just in an article. Every newsstand in the UK needed a spoiler alert. :slight_smile:

and the[spoiler]Sontarans[/spoiler]

Wikipedia ruined that one for me again. I was reading about an episode of the Sarah Jane Adventures where they were mentioned, and the article said they would be in an upcoming DW episode. :mad:

and the [spoiler] 5th doctor[/spoiler] well before the episodes aired.

Spoiled myself with Wikipedia again. I watched those episodes on Sci Fi, so it was long after the UK airings. He was old news by that point, at least in the UK.

Almost impossible to avoid UK spoilers. OTOH, I have never considered how many episodes were to air in a season to be a spoiler. Is it?

I don’t think so, but some might. To me, major plot twists, “big reveals”, casting changes, return of an old character, those kinds of things are spoilers. Technical issues aren’t, at least to my mind.

BTW, I love this multiple quote thing. I tried it. Not working so much for me.

You got the spoiler tags working just fine. They work the same way.

Well I live about 5 min from Jersey. And it can get very confusing.

Why, yes I have been out that way on many occasions. I grew up in Baltimore, but we often went to Hershey park/Dutch Wonderland, or Amish country on vacations or trips. Since I have been up here I have really only been out there once or twice to Hershey. Now mainly I drive through when I go out to where I went to college - I take the turnpike to 81. The smell is also wonderful during fertilizing season :stuck_out_tongue:

You didn’t go to Shippensburg, did you? That’s off of 81, which is why I ask. I’m a Ship alum.

Nope, I actually went to Frostburg State University (in Western MD). It is out off of 68. Shippensburg is just about to my half way point :slight_smile:

I went to WVU. Frostburg was the exit where I always stopped for gas & food. :slight_smile:

That’s awesome, no one EVER knows were Frostburg is (even MD’ers), so I always like finding people who do. :slight_smile:

My friends are huge WVU fans, even though they both went to Frostburg.

Well, I only know it an exit ramp, but it was very nice from what I saw. :slight_smile:

My friends are huge WVU fans, even though they both went to Frostburg.

Yeah, I enjoyed my time there, probably a little too much. :smiley:

Doctor Who has been around for like 40 years ( so its a little much to do the entire series), but the revision of the series has really taken off. I would love to see a podcast on the New Doctor Who arc. There could be one cast per season (meaning 4 total).

Anybody with me? :slight_smile:

The new Doctor Who is indeed great, and seems to just keep getting better.
But I’m still trying to catch up with my Doctor who. I’m just starting to work my way through Doctor Who Season 3 ----I may watch The Shakespeare Code tonite before I go to bed. I saw “Smith & Jones” a couple days ago.

I’m glad I’m not the only one ‘catching up’ on Doctor Who… I just started Season 2. Still not used to Tennant, but I like him… it could be a fun arc. Do a Dalek arc or something, hehe.

Oh, you’re in for some fun, Casilda. The Rose/Doctor relationship is unlike any Companion/Doctor relationship in the history of Doctor Who.

Yes, until [spoiler] they kind of ruined it at the end of season 4 [/spoiler], IMHO.

But that would be a pretty fun podcast arc to do, though it would require hours to cover all that, plus all those christmas specials… Maybe some choice episodes instead?

I was thinking that doing the ENTIRE series is a podcast show all on its own. Thats why I thought if we started with the new series and compressed them to 4 podcast episodes (one episode per season), there could be a lot of discussion in regards to them.

Also, I do agree with you that the ending of season 4 left me a little… weird.

It took me awhile to get used to Tennant (but then again I wasn’t a huge Eccleston fan). I didn’t start watching Who until after Season 2 of Torchwood. I am through Season 3 (which was my favorite so far), but I have seen the end of Season 4 (I am a huge Barrowman/Capt’n Jack fan) mainly because my friend in the UK was freaking out about it and wanted to talk.

I am now working on Season 4.

So far, and this won’t be a popular opinion, my favorite companion has been Martha Jones.

You could have one series per season but they cost an arm and a leg to pay for…wait hold on is it on netflix instant view?

Series one, two, and three of new series are on instant viewing on Netflix,

So right. I’m loving it. And TiVo now lets you watch Netflix instant view movies right ony your TV! Now I’ll be able to zip through Season 3 in no time.
Right now I’m up to “Human Nature”.
I guess for Season 4 I’ll need to actually Netflix the DVDs, but that’s fine.

But it is worth every penny if you baught it