Deathmatch Rules

Welcome to the new Geek Deathmatch forum. What is GDM? Think of it as GWC’s own personal Thunderdome. (“Two geeks enter! One geek leaves! Two geeks enter! One geek…”)

Rules:[ol]
[li]All threads in the GDM forum must feature a title in the format “X vs. Y” – where X and Y, of course, are geek people, places, things, or other.[/li][li]Each thread must include a poll with just two options: X and Y. DO NOT allow select multiple. All polls must close in ten days and remain anonymous.[/li][li]X and Y should relate in some way. This is not intended to limit creativity in matches. If your match is esoteric, just be sure to explain the relation in your post.[/li][li]Campaigning, bitching, and other forms of kabitzing are allowed and encouraged in the threads.[/li][*]Rematches are also allowed and encouraged – especially if they have kick-ass names.[/ol]A vicious, chanting, cheering audience awaits your inspired matchups! Enjoy!

let’s try :

Joss Whedon vs R frakkin’ DM :eek:

now, how does the poll thing get done?

It’s easy. Post a new thread in the Geek Deathmatch forum (instead of a reply here) and you’ll see the option to add a poll at the bottom of the page. It’ll save your post then take you to a page where you can add the items for the poll, set the 10-day expiry, and save it.

Great call, BTW. That’s gonna be a killer DM.

Chuck vs. Pike.

Chuck just won.

Yeah. We can revisit that matchup when we have something called the “Piketionary” to reference.

And he just keeps on winning. I’ve just submitted the same thread twice and forgot to make it poll both times. Yes, I’m an idiot. :eek:

Nah…just a little airy…hence the poof.

This may be the greatest forum…ever…

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Third time’s a charm. It wouldn’t be so bad if I just didn’t know how to make a poll or didn’t understand the guidelines, but no, just an idiot.

I’m Pike’s favorite person today, no doubt. :slight_smile:

Wow, new fun.

Polls…

Why did it have to be polls?

I’m wearing a shit-eating grin.

See, someone still uses it.

I have never, and will never understand that turn of phrase. Ever.

One shall stand, one shall fall!

Pike vs. Polls :smiley:

Obviously, someone has given this some thot.

Smug. Self-satisfied at someone else’s expense.

But you knew that already.

Page-off… Page-off…

And yet still managed to get it utterly wrong.

on behalf of frakintalos, sorry Barb

Chuck, this is addictive! but no one’s discussing!!! Grrrr… :mad::p:confused: