DC Universe Online

I should probably start a new thread for DCUO in the gaming forum but anyway…

Live on the Test Server today is DCUO’s upcoming DLC package: Fight for the Light. The Dev’s are finally implementing Hard Light powers, Green Lantern and Sinestro Corps only I think. I’m about to patch up the test server client and give it a whirl.

//youtu.be/MCYmoWVSlA4

It looks like someone has already recorded most of the new light powers and put them up on Youtube.

//youtu.be/7NHl89l7v_c

Do they have a demo or buddy keys or anything like that for this now? I think I need a break from EVE and this looks like it might be a nice change of pace.

Can I have multiple characters at once (to try different character classes and the like out), or would each be a separate subscription?

No, I’m afraid the is no free trial for this game. And yes, you can have multiple characters. The manual online says you can have eight per account but, I don’t know if that information is out of date. Maybe I bought some extra slots? I have sixteen available on my account.

By the way, the “Fight For The Light” DLC hit the live servers today. And it’s free to all active subscribers! (What’s an inactive subscriber?)

Well, they have a deal for 3 month subscriptions, so I decided to get the game and try it for 3 months to give it a shot.

Well, this download is taking for-frakking-ever, and while it’s running, I’m getting a bunch of “Unable to open site” messages. But hopefully it’ll make some good progress overnight.

Download finally finished. I’m a Hard Light/Hand Blaster/Flight character with Jayne - oops, I mean Superman - as my mentor. I was hoping for a clothing style similar to the Smallville Green Arrow costume, but couldn’t find one yet.

Huge change from EVE.

I ran around a little bit on my new Sinestro Corp & Green Lantern characters today. I didn’t get to play very long tonight unfortuntely.

Oh, if anyone is interested, Comixology now hosts the video game’s comic series: DC Universe Online Legends. And they have an app for the iPad & iPhone as well as Android devices if you don’t want to sit at your computer to read them. I think you might even be able to order a paper version if you prefer that.

Decided to post screenshots of what are probably going to be my two main characters.

Star Kestrel
Hard Light
Hand Blaster
Flight
Hero (Superman Mentor)

Hidroplayne
Ice
Dual Pistol
Flight
Villain (Joker Mentor)

This was actually my second attempt at Hidroplayne. First was run and 1 hand sword, but I got sick of climbing walls when I didn’t mean to.

One downside is that with the incredible voice acting, it’s a lot more difficult to listen to podcasts while playing.

I just hit level 30 with Star Kestrel. Debating between trying harder alerts/instances with him or working Hidroplayne up more.

Looks like I joined a bit early. DCUO going Free To Play. I did a 3 month sub, so I hope current subscriptions carry over. And I really hope that for people who bought lifetime subs.

You may have joined at just the right time to carry over your subscription into a premium account. I didn’t see this one coming. I may have to pass the word onto a few MMO hold outs. Meh, I doubt they’d still try it.

I am all over this. I’ve been dying to play this, just didn’t want to buy the game without seeing what I was getting into. I’d have been happy with just a free trial, but this works just as well. as soon as it goes free to play I’ll be seeing you guys on there.

Game Update 5 was just released today featuring the second 8 person raid in the Fortress of Solitude chain and a new Dueling system.

Decided to make characters for each mentor to play around a bit with different power/weapon sets. Star Kestrel and Hidroplayne are probably going to remain my main ones, but this will let me see some of the mentor-specific content I’d otherwise miss.

Clockwise from Upper Left

Star Kestrel
Hero (Superman Mentor)
Level 30
Hard Light powers
Hand Blasters
Flight
Picture taken: Smallville High School, Smallville Alert (And by the way, was the Smallville mascot the Crows in the comics too, or is that a reference to the show?)

Hidroplayne
Villain (Joker Mentor)
Level 30
Ice powers
Dual Pistols
Flight
Picture taken: Outside Fortress of Solitude, Fortress of Solitude: The Chasm Raid

Arya Walker
Hero (Batman Mentor)
Level 7
Gadget powers
Bow
Acrobatics
Picture taken: Watchtower Hangar, Watchtower (Heros headquarters)

Pyrocas
Hero (Wonder Woman Mentor)
Level 7
Fire powers
Martial Arts
Super Speed
Picture taken: Superman Memorial Statue, Midtown Metropolis

Annataz Fate
Villain (Circe Mentor)
Level 6
Sorcery powers
Rifle
Flight
Picture taken: Tomorrow District, Metropolis

Jen McKay
Villain (Lex Luthor Mentor)
Level 8
Mental powers
Dual Wield
Acrobatics
Picture taken: Top of LexCorp Tower, Downtown Metropolis

Free to Play officially starts November 1. And for the first 2 weeks, Sony is doing a promotion with Subway where you get a code on a cup that you can cash in for a free month of Legendary level access if you haven’t played DCUO before.

If anyone picks up the game and has any questions, just get in touch with me and I’ll try to help.

The Free To Play transition has been rough, but I think they’re getting closer. Apparently on the USPC megaserver, they got 120000 new accounts in the first day of F2P and they weren’t ready for that level of traffic.

So, my cheap ass finally went through with this instead of Champions On Line. I’m in PvsE

I’ll post the vitals when I get home

Always good to see a new player.

Game Update 6 drops tomorrow. They’re finishing up the Fortress of Solitude raid series with Zod as the final boss. They’re also adding an equipment combat rating.

http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuopc/posts/list.m?topic_id=39217

Downloaded and had a quick go on it, I think I’ll redo the player and see what I can do with it. I’ll let you know ASAP