Cosmos 1x03 Harmony of the Worlds

Sagan is reading the horoscope 7 minutes in

So I was born when the obstetrician was in Scorpio?

Billion, Trillion suns.

Take a drink.

I was born when the obstetrician was in vagina?

“…billion, trillion…”

Drink 1001! :slight_smile:

This pretty much sums up humanity, we figure stuff out while searching and yearning for something greater than ourselves.

That reclining man in the Big Dipper is about to stick his head up the bull’s arse!!

Gotta be better than getting eaten by the crocodile riding a hippo. :slight_smile:

Egyptian p0rn. Not for me.

Sunlight through a window. Quick Indy!! Grab the staff of Ra!!

I was reading something about this idea of calendrical cities. Can’t remember a lot of details, but one thing that stuck with me is that NYC is laid out in a grid pattern. On one specific day a year, the sun will rise at the end of a certain street. Will future archaeologists assume that the city was designed to mark the calendar for the purposes of crops and hunting, much as we have made such assumptions about ancient sites?

Geometry is god himself.

I’m sure that went over well.

“Geometry is God himself.” :eek:

Heresy! Burn the witch!

NYC systematic setup was the birthplace of our robotic oppressors. It was a mecca where man and robot lived in harmony. It was run with clockwork precision.

Would Kepler be considered autistic?

OK. My mind just went pop.

Kepler’s wife was not a happy woman.

Yeah. That’s a big shock.

Doubtful. A bit obsessive, maybe, but it seemed like he had no difficulty being a part of the world around him, at least when he didn’t have his nose buried in a book.

Then again, who knows? The definition does seem to expand as time goes by…

Ellipses are a cartful of dung? I don’t remember that from geometry class.

Yeah. Brillant and eccentric.