Cool craaaaaap you've acquired/done lately

Should you really donate it, won’t the librarian do it?

Not usually. They tend to get proprietary about ‘their’ books.

Back to cooooool things :slight_smile:

I gave my first ever conference talk and didn’t die of fear!

congratulations!!! I almost missed mine since I got hopelessly lost and ended up on the other side of town

LOL - so not only were you nervous about the talk you were also running around like a headless chicken trying to find where it is! Nice to be calm :slight_smile:

Major buzz afterwards tho right!?

Sweet! One down, many to go, right?

On what topic, if I may ask?

And cool stuff with me? Well what’s lately? :wink:

I got a new laptop.

I got new books! tee hee.

I got a new TV.

Wow did you get a new job or a big raise?

I purchased a new upconvert DVD player, Philips DVP-5990. What I love most about it is the USB port. I can connect my 250GB USB drive to it and play DivX files right on my HDTV. Frakkin Awesome!! It also plays DivX right off burned DVDs. Now I can watch all the Family Guys I Tivo’d and then burned to DVD. Suh-weet.

I tried the free audiobook from audible today and am looking forward to listening to Specter of the Past

although I have to say, it’s quite a hassle to get it working, it wouldn’t download properly onto my iPod Shuffle, so I’m now burning it as a CD image file and then I’ll try to rip that into mp3

Maybe it is time to give yourself the gift of a larger iPod? Since the question only thread I do seem to answer in questions. Maybe it is just my nature?

But I don’t need a larger iPod, I like the Shuffle because it’s so small and it clips to your clothes, which comes in handy when I jog or work out. And the audiobook was only 50 megs, it wasn’t a matter of disk space. But the ripping and mp3-encoding should work, I’m doing it right now.

I glad it is working now. I enjoy listening to books. Now if I could enjoy working out that would be great. It is 8 a.m. here and if I do not get walking the dogs it gets to hot. Today may not be the day to go.

I was the 1001 post on the question thread. Someone (Pike) double posted to be the 1000. I forgive him and that is the cool thing about what I did today. :cool:

I snagged the 1000th post on the Questions thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

I acquired a raise which is equal to $14.50 per week. Sigh. Better than nothing!

I think I just got someone who I barely know to watch BSG. Orson Scott Card was my ticket in woooooo

Good move.

I went and saw some of the Chinese terra cotta warriors at a local museum today. It was pretty cool. Did you know that every one of the thousands of warriors was equipped with actual weapons? Sounds like a waste of resources to me. :stuck_out_tongue:

I got my first summer paycheck… it was too obvious, wasn’t it :wink: