Confession Time

So… I feel i must confess something. I came to GWC about a year ago after getting an ipod for a gift. I have listened to prolly 100 of the recent casts. So anyway, here goes a sentence that anywhere else in the world would be met with confused stares as to it’s importance: I have never see an episode of BSG :-o
::ducks the cylon action figure flying at my head::
I do plan on recifying this someday soonish (as it is streaming on netflix)!
Anyone other GWCers in my boat? ( or maybe in my “starship”? How about “spaceboat”?.. Nevermind. )

Shut Up!! Um…ShutUpWesley… Really?!?

Anyway, if you do plan to watch let us know. In the past folks have done whole marathons catching up on seasons of a TV show, be it BSG or LOST or Fringe. We would be interested on your experience through the series and may be able to point out conversations (threads) from the past pertaining to similar insights and stuff.

So have no fear, GWC is here!! dramatic hero music

So damn nice! ::sniffle:: I knew Chuck wasn’t lying about being the friendliest people in sci fi (syfy?)

Frak that craaaap! Drop and give me twenty maggot!

:wink:

Welcome aboard SUW!

::drops, pulls out wallet:: All I have is a Ten-er, sir.

::rimshot:: thank you, you’ve been a wonderful audience.

You should all consider yourselves lucky, I was throwing around the idea of responding with “In Soviet Russia, maggot gives You twenty.”

Okay, I moved the BSG Miniseries Discs to the top of my Netflix queue (for some reason those are the only BSGs that arent streaming). I’ll watch em after I finish and return Dr Who season 5 (last disc).

That IS interesting considering the mini-series is included on the first season dvd’s

Welcome aboard, SUW.

Plus it’s the intro to the whole series. You’d think if they were only going to stream one, that’d be it.

It is bizzare, the season on “Instant Watch” starts @ disc 2. But it
is a part of season 1. Oh well it’s just one dvd.

Whoa.
I envy you SUW. Not only that you have the entire BSG series ahead of you, but that you’ll get to watch it the way Crom intended (in some kind of schedule you can design to actually hold your interest in the show) and not the way SyFy intended (over the course of several weird and disjointed seasons punctuated by intolerable lapses of time known as ‘the hiatus’).
Awesome.

And yes, alot of us have been in sort of the same boat. I’d never seen a single ep of Firefly, for instance, before GWC. Fixed that right quick, I did.:smiley:

Welcome ShutUpWesley! I’ve been listening to The Gatecast, and I’ve never seen an episode of Stargate. I just enjoy listening to the hosts as they watch an episode and podcast their thoughts. :wink:

Welcome ShutUpWesley! BSG is truly awesome! I’m actually a little envious cuz seeing it for the first time and without any interruptions is just awesome.

hm…think I may go back and do a lil rewatch myself

Enjoy and have fun!

I’ve been listening to the cast for about 9 months & just joined the forum in October. I must admit, that while I have seen a few episodes of BSG, I wasn’t really up to the darkness of the show when it started broadcasting (my life was dark enough at the time) & Baltar just skeeved me out so much I couldn’t watch. I do plan to give it another shot at some point in the future, but you are not the only non-BSGer here. If there are two of us, there must be more. :wink:

Great show, I highly recomend it.

I was always late when it came to Galactica, but that was because of my work schedule and lack of a Tivo. Galactica along with many of SciFi’s shows came on far too late for me to watch, and over the years I have become more and more intolerant of constant commercials.

So I would just wait for the DVDs to come out and then have a Galactica feast, I found it far more enjoyable to watch that way, with back to back episodes there was no continuity issues. As opposed to watching and episode a week, or in some cases waiting months before the next episode, and forgetting what the Hell was going on… AND NO FRAKKING COMMERCIALS!:smiley:

Oh, and FastCart would like his action figure back! :smiley:

LOL! You just redeemed yourself and were spared a sentence of cleaning the OG/Alpaca Prime men’s room. :wink:

Now, get thee to Netflix, Hulu, Best Buy for your favorite format and start watching BSG. You won’t regret it.

Never, ever feel bad for not having watched some particular franchise. There’s always something out there we haven’t seen. And that’s a good thing, because if I “ran out” of things to watch, I’d be miserable. :slight_smile:

The best part of GWC (IMHO) is how everyone shares and turns everyone on to such cool new stuff. GWCers have let me by the nose to some seriously great stuff.

Welcome!

Thanks all for the greetings and the encouragements :smiley:

::closes macbook with www.ebay.com opened::

uhm… i lost it…

Thanks Chuck! Man…the Chuck responded to a thread of mine…

#starstruck #gwcRepresentin

Gorram it! I gotta get me one of these pod-thingys…