Community Frak Party Suggestion

Just an idea I thought I would run by everyone. How about a new column in the group rewatches for independent community frak partys? I have been enjoying discussing Star Wars in the frak party threads with Frakkintalos, RMHPH, LadyD, Thots, GR, ShadowAce and Tighfighter and have definetly enjoyed hearing others peoples thots on the movies as we watch it together. I figure we could add stuff like the Matric trilogy, Bladerunner, etc.

Would anyone be interested?

That’s already been happening, but because of the way I view the site I’m not sure where.

Maybe a new heading under events? Provided there is enough interest in the idea within the community…

It’s all about the timing. 4pm on Sunday seems to be working for the Star Wars frak thingys. Even GR has been rearing his gutter around at that time. It’s tough for me sometimes cuz of family and stuff. Sunday is a big day for family time. As much as I love you all, well I gots to keep me priorities straight. As I write during company time and on company equipment :slight_smile:

Anylooloo, I’m up for any frak party, even if it’s ‘Spock’s Brain’. Scratch that. Especially if it is ‘Spock’s Brain’. It’s more fun watching stuff with people than alone.

How do you do that, exactly?

Yeah, I’m in for community frak parties. I did 1 of the SW ones and had fun. I’m not always around but I’ll try to be.

I think that no matter what time is chosen there are people who can’t attend who would like to - be it time zones or family/friend commitments that get in the way. I would say that we should choose times in the future based upon hypothetical availability - and 4 or 5 PM is a nice time as it allows our European brethren to hang out. I don’t know about our Australians, though.

So I think late afternoon is a fine time for the most part…

That’s like in the morning for Australians. 7am or 8am, I think.

4 or 5 PM Eastern seems to be the ideal time for me, because it’s not the middle of the night for anybody. 8 AM in Australia is early, but it’s not TOO early and 10/11PM European time is not TOO late. But if we move the time ahead or back, we lose either Australia or Europe.

We can always compromise when we see who wants to participate, and we don’t necessarily have to always do it on Sunday.

I’m in. This forum has turned me on to so many cool shows & movies, so the more the merrier.

Please just make the times and subject very public. I seem to miss somethings by not looking at the right thread. Then I would visit the Frak Parties when I can. Emily has one every Saturdays at 1. I can not always join in but I know where to find it.

:ea you are old…its on saturdays lol

I am sorry that was a typo. I did not understand your post to I looked back and read mine very carefully. I even have a big note on my computer to not miss this one.

Hanging head down in major shame. :frowning:

I am sooooooo sorry. I guess that means I better show up this Saturday. :smiley:

Could we start a forum for non-BSG frak parties? There are several of us who group watch movies periodically, and it would be cool to have a specific place to put those threads. Questions? Comments? Non sequiturs? Insults?

Great idea! When I started the one for Excalibur (which I then forgot about :mad:), I wasn’t sure where to put it, especially since it wasn’t sci-fi per se.

Questions? Comments? Non sequiturs?

Fish are an excellent source of protein and healthy fats.

Insults?

Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm. I’m OK with that idea, but I wonder if it won’t get confusing having ‘official’ (supporting a GWC rewatch) and ‘nonofficial’ frak parties.

Could you label one “Official Rewatches” and the other “Non-Official Rewatches”?

Phil, just knock it off. Reasonable compromises will never get us anywhere. :stuck_out_tongue:

Why not just a Movie Re-watch Frak Party forum? There isn’t one and thar be no confusion.

Isn’t that what this is?

No that’s Movie Re-watches, this would be Movie Re-watches Frak Parties.

Let just ask for permission to post Frak Parties in Movie Rewatches. Ugh!