Castle 3x17 Countdown

LOL last week wasn’t someone comparing this story to 24?

(full disclosure: I never watched it)

LOL that would be me, if the icon wasn’t a hint. :smiley:

Nice touch noting how often the US servicemembers get redeployed

Our bomber terrorist stole the identity of a dead war hero? ouch.

…Except that’s not the guy! nice fakeout there.

Dear DHS guy, have you not learned yet that Castle is one of the show leads and is therefore always right? Come on dude, get up to speed.

Life would be much easier if people just listened to Castle and Beckett all the time :wink:

“one of our own”? Sigh.

Yeah, nice othering comment there, Captain. Seriously, Timothy McVeigh was how long ago?

Or the guy who flew into the IRS building… or the guy who shot Dr Tiller… or the guy who wanted to blow up Times Square… or the kid who wanted to blow up a Christmas tree lighting…

But it’s also a foil so that Castle can give his speech about how we have forgotten the wars, and that as a whole the country isn’t being run as if it were at war, nor are everday Americans asked to do anything to materially support it (besides the federal budget).

nodnodnod And I’ve been informed by an American friend that I’m waaaay ahead of you guys.

the interrogation just started

“people will see this as an act of terrorism”

um… that’s because it is one, dumbass.

oh Castle.
“did he take jackhole lessons or was he born that way”

And now we get the sad backstory

I’m not sure whether the “lost his wife on 9/11” bit gives more depth to the character or just seems kind of obvious.

Yeah, I mean that sucks, but still… it feels a bit heavy handed. Plus, the guy’s a jerk. Didn’t he ever get the don’t be a dick talk?

Ahahahahaa are you shitting me writers. I see what you did there.

Bauer? hmmmm.

Evan Bauer and Jack Connelly. dies