Captain America Reborn...

Eh…don’t you wish just once someone would stay dead? I know it’s a lot to ask…but just once? New Cap is doing okay, and dead cap seems to make a good martyr figure…just saying.

No-one dies forever in comics, even those that should. The Cap story at least has been planned from the start.

It has happened, on occasion…

&
skrull

They keep bringin’ him back…

Isn’t that his son?

skrull

[spoiler]Skrull impostor![/spoiler]

They keep bringin’ him back…

But the alien nerve-gas super-cancer killed the original, but good. Supervillains really need to bottle that stuff…

So is the “New Cap” Steve Rogers as in resurrected zombie or is it a new person filling Steve’s role?

Nope, that’s him reincarnated.

These are his kids.

Pop quiz, what connects these 3 characters, other than their family connection?

[spoiler]Skrull impostor![/spoiler]

Look closer at my original post :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s Bucky, Cap’s sidekick from WW2.

Wasn’t Bucky the ‘Winter Soldier’?

I guess they were able to erase his brainwashing then…

Cap used a Cosmic Cube to restore his memories.

That is from Earth X, not main Marvel continuity in which he is still quite dead.

Has made a pretty good replacement cap so far…

If they were going to do this, should have just had dead/cap been a Skrull…made more sense with the continuity of the big civil war/secret invasion line…

everything is in continuity in Marvel.

Transformers, Godzilla, 2001… EVERYTHING

Howard the Duck.

Think about that.

I do! Howard The Duck is great! He was even in Civil War!

They take place in parallel universes and not the main 616 Marvel Universe.

Transformers introduced Death Head, who was definitely 616 so Transformers is too, as is, by extension, GI JOE, although how they’d work in a universe with SHIELD, ARMOUR and SWORD, I have no idea

Godzilla’s main human character was Dum Dum Dugan, and it was referenced a lot (not by name, the rights had been lost a long time before) in the early 90’s SHIELD series, so definitely 616

2001 introduced Aaron Stack (as Mister Machine) who is also definitely 616

Fu Manchu is also 616, Shang Chi is his son (Rights have been lost, so they never reference him directly)

Trivia: Doctor Who is also 616, it crossed over (a lot) with Deaths Head, and at one point the TARDIS landed on the roof of Four Freedoms Plaza.

James Bond at one point crossed over with Dr Who (Goldeneye novelisation) so Bond is also 616.

Marvel has never had a CRISIS event, so EVERYTHING published by Marvel Comics counts… except the Bond link, that was me being nerdy.

I used to play this kinda a LOT during my nerd stoner years.

Wait, what?

And all of that can be explained away by alternate versions of the characters appearing in the various universes.

Just because a version of Death’s Head appeared in a Transformer comic doesn’t mean its the same Death’s Head that has appeared in other Marvel comics. Or it is possible that the character has visited alternate universes, especially since he is tied in with the Doctor. Transformers was originally going to be in mainline continuity but it was separated from it after the first few issues. At times it crossed over with GI Joe but even then GI Joe remained mostly separate.

Godzilla was in continuity but has long since been shoved off to the side and forgotten, likely to never appear again.

Aaron Stack had his origins rebooted or retconned, erasing all traces of the 2001 connection.

You certainly don’t need a Crisis to change a character’s origins. A few quick retcons or rewriting and characters are changed to fit into the main continuity or moved out of it.

And let us not forget such classics as The Micronauts and Rom the Space Knight…, oh and of course Ambush Bug and Damage Control.