Caprica Watercooler? (Non-Spoiler Discussion)

Don’t forget the continued decline of Scifi network with the introduction of crappy “Fear Factor” style reality programming.

From a Sci-Fi channel memo:

“RDM, here’s what we can do: We can’t give you 22 hours, BUT we have a certain budget allocated for crappy original projects. We can cut you loose a chunk of that change, but if anyone starts asking questions, you’ll need to swear you punched up the script AFTER we greenlit the project. Deal?”

Not like there’s any reason to watch Scifi on any night other than Friday to begin with =/

Hey…Sci Fi has other great original programming …like…
…ummmm…well…there was…ummmm. Hm

I’ll post later when I think of something besides BSG
:smiley:

About BSG, Caprica and all that happy stuff

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080319b.php

Plans changed during the strike? Hmm. I find this interesting as it may mean that the strike was good for something perhaps. Where might things go now, though?

I dunno, “Rock Monster” looks like it really might deliver.:cool:

Has anyone else noticed how these scifi original movies involving bloodthirsty deadly creatures, all seem to have the same basic premise and playout exactly the same? I think they have like one default script they use for these or something. Its like one of those fill in the blank word games. Insert said creature here, place teenage girl with cleevage here, unlikely “team” goes right about here, and creature gets loose to create terror right there - and there you have it, another scifi original picture!

They probably shot the entire movie on greenscreen sometime in the 90s and just keep inserting new random bits of nature and monsters around the corny acting.

We keep worrying about what’s going to happen with GWC after the end of BSG, but it’s never going to end! We’ve got eight more years until the end of season 4, and then we get Caprica:D

For some reason after All-Con I was all into watching anything related to anything that could be at a con (well, not EVERYthing). So I watched “Ogre” on Sci-Fi. It was just as I expected. Like you say, “Rock Monster” appears to be the same movie with a different monster Photoshopped into it.

Sci-Fi will be screwed once BSG and SG:A are gone.

Bad movies and rasslin all day long…yay…

Phoenix - you beat me to it! Good call. :slight_smile:

Don’t forget: Those best equipped to deal with the threat (IE: Military/Police) are killed within the first half hour leaving the civvis to come up with a bodacious plan to defeat the evil

You are very correct here. And thats where the civies come up with an “unlikely team” to go out and face the beast. Most of them will die though, and 2 of them will survive and then make out.

Scene: a bunch of suits around a table. Their names do not matter.

“Okay, the guys down in animation have a new CGI critter finished. I guess it is a chicken.”

“Hmm. A chicken. This will be rough. The dog we could add two more heads to.”

“Maybe it is a giant chicken?”

“Yeah! A giant chicken that can breath fire!”

“Excellent! Now, who will be our heroes?”

“Well, I can’t see a band of archaeologists unearthing a giant fire-breathing chicken… Hey! How about a secret government lab breeding them as bio-weapons and they get loose? We haven’t done one of those in a few weeks.”

“Good, good. That show MacGyver was on was canceled, so we have lots of military props just lying around.”

“Okay, now who are the babes?”

“I got an idea! Why don’t the chickens head into a local town and the mayor is a babe that used the date the national guard leader that gets called out?”

“Let’s make the national guard leader a babe also! Babe on babe action. We can add a skinny dipping scene.”

“Who’s gonna sponsor that?”

“Quiznos.”

Yyaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!

I’m posting this in all Caprica threads I can find to make sure the word spreads (maybe it’s even big enough to put it on the blog)

CAPRICA is likely to air THIS FALL

Forgive me if this piece of news has already been posted elsewhere, but I haven’t seen it anywhere.

I’m posting this in all Caprica threads I can find to make sure the word spreads (maybe it’s even big enough to put it on the blog)

CAPRICA is likely to air THIS FALL

Forgive me if this piece of news has already been posted elsewhere, but I haven’t seen it anywhere.

Oh, please don’t. One is enough. I have to read them all, you know.

Likely to Air huh From my conclusive research I have gathered that CAPRICA WILL AIR THIS FALL