Caprica (possible Spoilerage)

So, S04E04 revealed a whole lot about the inner workings of the Cylon race.

All this new information ties in very nicely with some “CAPRICA” info that Chuck posted a while on ago on the blog, the link to the TV SQUAD site is here - it’s mostly casting information, but contains info on the “CAPRICA” characters’ backgrounds, including very interesting “origin of the Cylons” stuff. So, if anybody would want to discuss this here with me, I would love it, it’s really not BSG spoilers, but more like advance “CAPRICA” material, but we can use spoiler tags anyway just to be on the safe side.

[spoiler] So, what I’m wondering about the most at the moment is whether there had been skinjobs BEFORE the 12 models we see on BSG or whether the “downloading” they talk about on the TV Squad site means downloading into a machine or computer.

Wait - there can’t have been skinjobs before the 12 models because of the “Cylons look like us now” thing. Or maybe that information was kept top secret by the original programmers. What do y’all think[/spoiler]

[spoiler]The article seems to suggest that Joseph Adama knew about the Graystones trying to make humanoid Cylons (although I guess it’s never clearly stated in there whether the Zoe’s are as human-looking as the skinjobs are). Maybe this would explain why Adama was oddly unsurprised that “the Cylons look like us now” in the miniseries–he actually knew that the Graystones were in the process of creating humanoid Cylons way back when he was a kid?[/spoiler]

A thread to hold any info on the upcoming SciFi Channel movie Caprica, Ronald D. Moore’s back-door pilot for a proposed prequel series to the current Battlestar Galactica.

Ain’t It Cool News has a meta-cylon casting tidbit here.

Follow their link to a Hollywood Reporter post for a photo.

And now Ain’t It Cool’s got Grandpappadama news.

Oops. Double post.

So here. Have some pictures. They’re unlabeled, so they’re only spoilers if you’ve read my previous posts. …and if you’ve done that, I assume you don’t mind.

mmmmmm… Esai Morales

Esai Morales? I haven’t seen him, other than in small parts, since “La Bamba” almost 20 years ago. He looks like he’d be comfortable in the BSG universe.

Now, how do you do the spoiler tags? I don’t want to have to keep talking in code. I’m not very good at it.

He had a sizable role on NYPD Blue for a couple of seasons, and he just was in season 2 of Jericho. Other than that, I’ve seen him doing auto insurance commercials on Spanish-language tv :slight_smile:

ETA: EJO also does an auto insurance commercial on Spanish-language tv, but his is waaaay cooler than Morales’. sort of James Bond car chase kind of thing. I’ve looked for it on youtube, 'cause I wanted to share it with y’all but no joy

I stopped watching NYPD Blue when Rick Schroeder came on board (and only caught it on re-runs anyway) and never caught Jericho, so I missed him. I think he’s shown up on Law and Order a few times though. He pops up on TV and small, indie films every now and then. I think he’ll make a cool, well, let’s just call him a Caprican until I figure out the whole spoiler tag thing.

Esai Morales has been cast as Joseph Adama (Bill’s father) and I think that’s a great choice. Beside an interesting resemblance with Edward James Olmos (and with the actor who was playing Young Bill in Razor), the guy definitively knows how to act as shown recently in season 2 of Jericho.

Oh HELL YEA! He’s a GREAT actor! Sweet!

What Doc said. That is tree-mendous news. He is great. I wish Hollywood made the kind of movies that would guys like him and EJO a real opportunity to flex.

My favorite Morales performance is in Sean Penn’s Bad Boys… He plays the bad guy, and he’s a really bad guy who is bad and unlikable and really bad, but has a certain dignity to him. Morales, who was a late teen or in his early 20s then, brings a smoldering intensity to the role, where could could have just played it as a crazy loose-wire badass. If I remember right, Ally Sheedy’s in that one, too.

practically typecasting - most sweet

The Adamas:

Joseph:

Young Bill:

Old Bill:

Lee:

And Zak:

He might be a good choice. I was half expecting it to be given to Jimmy Smits. I would have been ok with that. I imagine the price tag would have been high. He totally steals the scene in Star Wars Ep II when they’re looking at the clone army.

Should we request a separate Caprica thread under General Discussion to keep everything together?

(Cuz we had this one going this morning, and there have been others as well)

But was he bad?

-K

His scene with Ally Sheedy, it ain’t pretty. Bad, bad, wrong, and bad. Like, “the worst” doesn’t do it justice.