Caprica pilot (spoiler alert)

It’s leek it’s way on to the Net. The DVD comes out on the 21st. Can’t wait to hear a Podcast about it and see what everyone else thinks about it. We watched it at work on the big screen. I think it’s a very good start for the up coming series. I love the back stories and the development of the characters. The look forward to see if there go thru the first Cylon War or just stick the development of Cylons.

Ive watched about 30 mins of it but to answer the question about the first war, I doubt it as the opening byline is 58 years before the fall

I took that as 58 years before the Fall, as BSG Mini-Series Start. right now Adama is only 11 and we still don’t know if this is where the show will stay or will it jump around or just go from here day by day.

Being the pilot, this could just be the set-up. As has been said, who knows where the show may jump to once it gets underway.

enjoying caprica an hour through. loving the music. will soon be pissed off that we have to wait until 2010 for more.

Saw it, Loved it, Can’t wait to buy it!!!

Awwww that was the most awesomest thing I ever saw!
Dare I say even better than the BSG miniseries pilot. I actually was on the edge of my seat the entire time during Caprica.

Uuuugh 2010 cant come soon enough.

The series has some potential I think. The First Cylon War must kick off fairly quickly into the series though. It was 12 years into the war during the Razor Flashbacks and Adama wasn’t that old at the time. Hopefully the series will last long enough to show the war.

Adama probably was in his early 20’s during the Razor flashbacks, so yeah, the war must come fairly soon.

I suspect that Caprica will have a limited run just the like BSG.
Like they sort of have an idea of where they want to go and how long to do it.

Can some PM me the link to the leak again. Lost it and I wanna watch it again.

Ahh, now it makes sense how the centurions adopted the monotheistic belief system!

i saw it, i didn’t know it was leaked.

it was FANTASTIC. It made Battlestar Galactica even more enteresting.

It enriched the world of the 12 colonies, and every culture in the 12 colonies was given life. And once again it is very relavent.

I thought the bring back dead daughter bits was going to be corny, but it was not. Not even one bit.

And the 12 colonies before the first cylon war was very different from the one after.

I almost cried when Daniel first tried to get Zoe in the body and she just collapsed.

I was watching Caprica thinking “Wow, they have holobands, and magic techno paper, why did they then have old style laptops and no mention of that stuff in BSG?” And it hit me like a delayed brick. “Oh yeah, after the war they must have been so techno phobic that just kicked it all out the window.”

PLUS
Did any think of a little tie between Adama’s love for ships with his childhood love for the Buccaneers whose logo has a ship? Maybe was just me.

what was the fake last name? i couldn’t catch it, in my mind i kept filling in Adama…

I think he trying to bring his daughter back was very frankenstein-ish. I know I Love my Wife more than anything in the world, but the story of frankenstein shows us that it one thing that should ever be tried.

I was shocked somewhat by how fast Adama’s dad was to jump on the band wagon to help, but then when he saw his daughter again he freaked out.

Question??? There were two different Cylon Larry’s right? the one with his daughters program, and the one that was in the Demo right?

I don’t think it’s seeing his daughter again that freaked him out.

The difference between Zoe clone and Adama daughter’s Avatar is that Zoe’s clone and a direct connecction to Zoe, and when Zoe died, part of her was kept in her clone. As for Adama daughter’s Avatar, she was just a result of research engine dumping information. She is empty.

Zoe’s clone said she feels real, and Adama daughter’s Avatar said she doesn’t feel real.

I think if Adama daughter’s avatar felt as real as Zoe, Joseph would have went along.

I still think it’s very frankenstein-ish.

don’t know if you are a trek fan, but think of it this way.

when one transports on trek, the person’s body is destroyed in to million little pieces.

There are several episodes when someone’s transporter patterns degrades, and they were forced to store the person’s synaptic patterns else where, like the holo-suite. While they work on a solution to recreate the body and merge the two.

in a sense, that’s what Zoe’s avatar getting a body is like. the exception is Zoe didn’t get straight into a humanoid body.

I am a fan, currently watching star trek voyager for the first time. I have to disagree on the fact that his daughter didn’t get in to a transporter or something like that. I know they had many episodes where they turn in to kids or think they we’re lost but only out of phase or something. his daughter was murdered and to try to make a new one is just wrong. in Deep Space 9 one of the leaders was dieing and the doctor replaced half of his brain with a computer, then the other side. how far will you take it to where the person that was is no longer a person and just a collection of computer parts.

I’m in the military and friends of mine have gone off to Iraq, and some are still there. if one of them loses a leg we replace it with a prosthetics, but how much can a person lose before thier not human anymore.

I just think if you die, let it be. thats just me. sorry if I come off mean, I don’t mean too, just have strong feelings about it.

It’s a fascinating question. If I replace your brain with a computer, is that you? If I replace one synapse with a circuit, is that you? If I keep replacing synapses, at what point is that not you?