Can't Stop the Serenity

Don’t know how many people are aware of this event, but it’s a screening of Serenity in a theater (hopefully near you) on or about June23rd (Joss’ birthday). Proceeds support charity. Some places have guests, auctions (we won a movie costume at the one in Dallas), and freebies. Lots of fun with several hundred other Browncoats and maybe a couple of confused Alliance scumbags.

Keep watching this website for times and showings near you.

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com/

Thanks Steve for the heads up. There really is no substitute to seeing Serenity on the big screen. The fact that it is also for charity only makes it that more shiny.

im going
no arguing, im going to the tampa screening

Yeah, I’m calling in sick at work on June 22. And on the 23rd, so it doesn’t look suspicious. Hopefully this won’t turn out like the Buffy Musical.

This was the event where the Philly Crue first gathered :slight_smile: (and for those that were around for podcast 50, did the “episode that shall not be named” call in from the deserted streets of Bryn Mawr - except for that one car - at 2:30 am.)

It was actually my introduction to the Firefly 'verse and the world of Browncoats.

It is awesome to see on the big screen and makes for a great meet-up.

Just wanted to bump this up for any new people that might be joining the board and didn’t know about it.

Audra and I have our tickets for the Dallas showing, and we’re totally looking forward to it.

I have my tickets for the Dallas showing as well…I’m really looking forward to meeting Tim Minear.

Horay! There’s one in the Boston! …oopps. Boo Hoo. That’s the date of my 5 year old daughter’s birthday. Much as I love Firefly, my darling little girl trumps it I’m afraid.

Too bad. I was looking forward to inviting Topgun as my date to the show.

<blink>

There isn’t one in NYC? Wha?

I was looking and there are shows the 20th and 21st…same place. I’d be up for a few drinks and the show…

Nothing in our nation’s capital??

Looks like Philly is the only set date anywhere near you…there’s a TBA date in Pittsburgh…For some reason I’ve got two dates in Boston, June 20, 21…and if the New England contingent can muster up some initative, maybe we can get a meetup going… New Englanders ??

I know! What I find especially surprising is that there is a fairly strong Browncoat chapter here. Odd.

Maybe it’s a national-security thing.

A blue-gloves thing?

And oh wow, this thread got stickified.

The great thing about this is that you can with enough support start your own viewing in your own area. Last time I checked the forums Universal was just charging $250 for the movie. It might be too late to do one this year, but you might still be able to get something together. At least you should be able to organize something for next year.

I know, it would be pretty awesome. I did a quick check on the NYC Browncoats and it looks like they are struggling to find a location. Pity. Next time around I would be willing to lend a hand, but it sounds like things are already in flight for this year.

We should definitely plan a New England meet-up. Unfortunately, I probably can 't come to one that’s on June 20 or 21. I see that the 20th is Friday, and the 21st is Saturday, which means my little girl’s birthday is one of those days and the birthday party will be on the other. Either way, me the Daddy can’t be AWOL.

That could be a problem. They try to have it on the weekend of Joss’ birthday. So next year it could very well fall at the same time. :frowning: