BSG 2x14 Black Market

It does happen though…I never really…truly…to ANYONE talk out loud to people about that one lost GF I never expected to lose…or how she ran off back home never to be seen again…you can’t confront that kinda pain…you just try to bury it with someone else…he picked a whore…I picked a drunk in Bayonne :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m sure the near-death incident didn’t help…

It was a CRAP way to kill off Fisk…I’d have like to seen some Pegasus/BSG tension…

Funny how both prostitution and homosexuality are both not treated as taboo in the BSG society and they are so made a non-issue in the world it’s not even mentioned…so you almost totally brush past it…

Grrr, I wish you could hear the actual dialogue with the commentary too…

:::stumbles in:::

Sorry, sorry, late! Time stamp?

Well if they’re basing it on Greek and/or Roman societies & religion, prostitution was an accepted trade. Homosexuality in Greece was not really an issue. In Rome it was only an issue if you were on the “receiving” end

about to hit 16:00

Roughly 21 minutes in Keir

Fair enough…silly me…I never realized Gaida was gay the first time I watched the series…HA!!

Keir…17 minutes…

well crap! I started on time! DURRR! Pausing for 5

Did you start at 5 after?

They didn’t either until the webisodes =) It makes sense but until then it wasn’t even thought of

Nope, right at 10…completely forgot

Dee (looking good) gives the “we need to talk”

the first time I noticed what a non-issue it was in this world was Caprica with Sam Adama…least I’m not the only one…yay :slight_smile:

Ever see her in “Persons Unknown”? You’d hardly recognize her.

Oh man the CHOKE OUT scene is sooooo cheesy with no sound…

that he doesn’t care who Lee’s dad is might be a little on the stupid side!

Gaius is starting to look very nicely Jesus like

That’s a typical “gangster stereotype” going.
He could care that “hey-this pilot might be the only thing stopping Cylons from killing MY ass” but that would hurt the plot.

I always took that as it was his way of saying that the power of the military wasn’t exactly the supreme unchallenged power amongst the fleet…that I kinda liked it…it reminded me of that scene from the 3rd Matrix movie when the train man was “so what you’re THE ONE…that means crap here…sit down”…

Oh I get that as well, in this situation there’s operating under the radar & there’s antagonizing the very people you need to survive. Men like this aren’t that dumb