Blade Runner - on the other hand

I just had to summarize all the “coincidences” (some direct, some a bit stretched) between BR and BSG:

1. Skin jobs - the term used for human like created beings in both.

2. Right eye examination - the method to identify non-humans

3. Dr. Tyrell/Tyrell Corp. (creator of the replicants in BR) vs. Chief Tyrol.

4. The last big battle in BSG having Orion’s Belt in the back ground vs. Rutger Hauer’s comment before he dies that he as seen “attack ships on fire off (or on) the shoulder of Orion”.

5. EJO’s hobby in each being to work with miniatures - origami animals in BR and model ships in BSG.

6. Replicants (i.e. the Harrison Ford and the Sean Young characters) in BR not knowing until “told” that they are not human vs. the same premise in BSG.

And this:

Standard Colonial Sidearm

Just wait and see. The final Cylon will be called “Runciters”

I bet the new series, Caprica, will be even more like Blade Runner. That book that Adama was reading to the president sounded like it might be a preview to Caprica.

Beautiful. Reallly.

Sorry - just cannot resist the BR sutff. Know that it causes dozens to roll their eyes into the backs of their heads when they read.

Give my regards to all your friends a Bayreuth this summer.

I knew I have forgotten one.

Except that Caprica City will be a bit nicer than LA circa 2019.

Are you sure?

It’s not going to be the same Caprica from the beginning of Galactica.

I’m not sure of anything at this point. However, givent the prequels time line, if CC looks like LA in BR in 2019 and they have it spruced up to look like it did just before the 2nd Cylon war, I tip my hat to the envirolmentalists.

Well, there are parts of New York and LA that already look like BR and parts that look like Caprica in the beginning of BG.

Hot blondes with superhuman prowess, who make you unsure whether to frak or fight.

i will be very happy if the final episode is adama and tigh fighting it out in an abandoned building were water runs down the walls and adama gets his fingers broken … etc…

skin job isn’t racist, chrome-dome, toaster, bullet-head, those are racist.

True - except for that perpetual rain in LA - but that could be a “regional” thing.

Or both. Sort of like Starbuck.

The mind boggles at the possibilities.

Glad to hear you still got one. This show is driving me nuts.

I’m waiting for one of the Cylons, who knowing there is no resurrection ship, to deliver the final lines of his soliloquy: “All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain”

What show?

You know - the the writing in BSG is generally excellent - which is why I tell non-viewers that it is a superb television show that just happens to have a sci fi plot - but the lines from BR - nothing comes close. (A great movie that just happens to have sci fi plot.) Even though the script varied dramatically from the Dick novel, his superb writing skills still come through. (A great writer that just happened to write in the sci if genre.)

Back to BSG though - trying to make heads or tails of all this is frustrating, but such a kick.