Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome TRAILER

For derring-do twelve minutes past midnight, Lords of Kobol, look down upon Macy Lao with mercy and love, for here and ever after the greatest Syfy employee of them all. Somebody ask Roslin to throw Craig Engler out the airlock.

“Come on, let’s get this carpool started!”

[video=vimeo;39323358]http://vimeo.com/39323358[/video]

frak me. frak me now!

Hey, for a moment there I thought I saw Mark Pellegrino from Supernatural? In a fighter jock’s spacesuit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the Led Zepplin song in the background…fraking sweet.

Pretty big frakkin’ change in the Cylons, if that is indeed what this is:

ETA: This was a sizzle reel that was created and played for WonderCon attendees last weekend. The score was borrowed from “The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo.”

sweeeeeeeeet

Io9 commenters are whining about the trailer music. Trees? Meet Forest. The lyrics are so serendipitously appropriate for Blood and Chrome’s story, I can see how they couldn’t resist using it. In some way, shape or form B&C has to stamp its foot down to say I am my own thing and not cut exactly from the BSG mold. The trailer music is a good start.

One pilot looks to be Sebastian Spencer, aka Narcho from the Pegasus. So this guy must be… uh… spitting image Narcho’s dad. Yup.

Many strange sights never before seen. I like it!

Doug Drexler wasn’t exaggerating. Now that’s a battlestar hangar bay in wartime. Shazam.

Unknown Viper class, presumably one of the Mark III through Mark VI series.

Unknown Raptor class, heavier than the familiar recon Raptor. This one has tucked rudders like a SR-71, side mounted squared engines, and a ventral rear facing double barrel Gatling turret. Shazam.

More new Colonial fleet ships than can be counted. What a busy, busy Wiki the Wiki will be. :smiley:

Unknown Cylon baseship class. Very slick in-between evolution between the TOS double disc shaped original and the re-imagined BSG double tripod-y baseship.

Yes, some new kind of Cylon model. Maybe a sniper from the looks of that long barreled rifle. Not entirely out of place, during the war Cylons were highly interested in upgrades as seen in Razor. Gimme more models! You just can’t have too many roving red eye killer robots.

Very relieved to see the Cython has been drastically reduced in size from the concept art.

I’ve yet to see Lili Bordan not be naked in any of her works to date. She just had a cameo in ABC’s The River. Naked. This is not a criticism per se. B&C continues the grand tradition of unrated nudity in direct-to-disc BSG features. The Syfy broadcast will be edited for television, same as Razor and The Plan.

And a big shout out to the original series: a Mark II Viper with classic orange stripes. That would be cool if different battlestars each had their own color coded livery. So what if the Pegasus didn’t.

That has my blood frakking pumping! Just wish we had an airdate to go along with it.

NBCU is sending out cease and desist notices. Battlestar Wiki got one this morning. The trailer music hasn’t been cleared. It was only intended for exhibition at WonderCon.

awwww yeahhh!

So…when’s it come out? :slight_smile:

WANT.

Space ships and robots blowing stuff up! It’s been far too long guys, welcome back to my TV!

Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme!

This has awesomeness all over it.

Syfy cancelled Blood and Chrome.

No, not quite… but I just wanted to emote. Everyone is going to say that and I enthusiastically support anger at Syfy. Syfy is passing on the series. The pilot you saw here will be aired in the unscheduled future. And honestly, 90% of us just wanted Universal’s disc anyway with minimum interference from Syfy. No way could Syfy afford this as a weekly series. I was very hopeful they could form a coalition with SPACE/Sky One and all previous international nets that used to buy BSG.

Deadline: ‘Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome’ Not Moving Forward As TV Series On Syfy, May Become Digital Series (posted about an hour ago)

frak me !!! frak me!!! I bet if it had bigfoot, a frakin sharktapuss or a frakkin ghost hunter squad or some fake wrestling by ametures and has-beens, then sci-fi would have been all over it!!!

To be honest, I thought a fair bit of the teaser (including some of the characters!) looked a bit CGI (?!)

So let me see if I understand this correctly. A trailer that was only meant to be shown at WonderCon leaked on the internet, and created tons to buzz online. A day after getting “over 100,000 views on Youtube” according to the article they decide this is the time to cut back and reduce it to an online series?

In other words, after creating buzz and excitement for a new series they decide to cut the money for it? You know what most studios would do to get a trailer to go viral and create buzz?

What it going to take?

I give up. Syfy is dead, long live Science Fiction.

HOLY FRAK! Come on SYFY you have to know you got something golden in your hands here. What the FRAK!

You know what astounds me?

• That a 42 year-old rock song
  • From an English band
  • Still. Kicks. Ass!

You know what astounds me?

• That a 42 year-old rock song
  • From an English band
  • Still. Kicks. Ass!

This version is from the The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo soundtrack.

Maybe if it had ghosts and rasslin’ it would been picked up.

Exactly! Fraktards at SeeFee wanted some rasslin’ in it so they passed on the series. :wink: