Arrested Development - The thread

So having finally finished the WILDLY overdue viewing of the whole series for the first time I approached the Forum ready to share my thoughts and read old conversations about the show…

…but there was nothing. Nothing I say! A thread or two about the movie rumors and a frak party, but nothing else!

COME ON!

It is almost impossible to describe how good this show is. The only thing I can do is pay it my own personal highest compliment: It is clever. Armando I should have listened to you three years ago, this stuff is hi-larious.

Best character name ever: Bob Loblaw. :smiley:

Welcome to 2006, Solai! :smiley:

I kid. There’s always money in the banana stand!

It’s just a really fantastic show in pretty much any way imaginable. And the rewatch value is the most excellent, never fails to crack me up any time I watch it.

You, sir, are a mouthful.

I finally saw this show for the first time ever thanks to Netflix, and I’m kicking myself for not watching it earlier.

I. Love. This. Show. I need to do a rewatch myself.

Tobias: I prematurely shot my wad on what was supposed to be a dry run, if you will, so now I’m afraid i have something of a mess on my hands.

Michael: There’s just so many poorly chosen words in that sentence.

CAN’T BREATHE.

Tobias: Oh my god! We’re having a FIRE! …sale.

I lose it every time it gets to the part he starts singing Amazing Grace.

Tobias: Oh, come on, don’t leave your Uncle Teabag hanging!
George Michael: Please don’t call yourself that.

Buster: You lied to me! You said my father was my father, but my uncle is my father. MY FATHER IS MY UNCLE!

Buster/Franklin: I don’t want no part of your tight ass country club you freak bitch!

Michael: …Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken?

Michael: Why are you squeezing me with your body?
Lucille: It’s a hug, Michael. I’m hugging you.

OK, I have to stop now, or I’ll be here til forever. :smiley:

Narrator: Tobias listens to a day’s worth of his own words, to see what Michael was referring to…
Tobias Fünke: [on tape] … even if it means me taking a chubby, I will suck it up.
Tobias Fünke: Nothing wrong with that.
Tobias Fünke: [on tape] Oh, I’ve been in the film business for a while, but I just can’t seem to get one in the can.
Tobias Fünke: It’s out of context.
Tobias Fünke: [on tape] I wouldn’t mind kissing that man between the cheeks.
Narrator: …and he realized there is something distinct about the way he speaks.
Tobias Fünke: Tobias, you blowhard.
[chuckles]

Also:

There’s money in the banana stand.

One of the greatest shows of all time.

I love GOB, naturally, and my favorite line of the show got out in that very first episode.

“It’s an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money.”

“Or candy!”

Loved that line.

I’m glad you finally took the plunge. You will never, EVER again be able to hear Europe’s “The Final Countdown” and not think of Gob.

But this thread should be called Bob Loblaw’s Law Blog (actually someone actually uses that already so…I’ve made a huge mistake).

I prefer the unaired response: or cocaine! So much more inappropriate in the context.

I love the Narrator’s breaking the fourth wall…

“(She) had crossed a line and she had best watch her mouth.”

“Real shoddy narration. Just pure crap.”

“No one is making fun of Andy Griffith. I can’t stress that enough.”

Michael: That’s because the American male is stuck in a state of perpetual adolescence; arrested development…

Narrator: HEY! That’s the name of the show!

Being compulsive after completing the show started reading about its development and its history. I am still having a hard time accepting that the narrator is actually Ron Howard…for some reason I find that astounding.

I was lucky to find this show early, but not early enough to save it. This is the only comedy that I almost litterally laughed myself to death. Fox sucks cancelling this and Firefly.

Look at me, I’m getting off on withholding.

http://organicconnectmag.com/wp/2010/09/austin-bananarchy-a-banana-stand-inspired-by-arrested-development/

I recently finished all three seasons. I love the way all the plot lines come together by the end of each episode. Quite clever in a 20 min show. I’m bummed it was cancelled as there were some great set ups for season 4 at the end.

been freebasing some Arrested development.

seriously what took me so long?

arrested development; you had me at afternoon delight.

just so wrong and so hilarious…

I’m watching The Return of the Bionic Man, a 1987 tv movie. A huge amunt of the footage is filmed at the Marina Del Rey plaza where they did all the ban a stand footage, next to El Toritos.

For those interested, Steve Austin has retired and is running a boat charter operation for some reason. Bionic fishing? Sure, why not.