And so it begins......

had to steal a line from B5 there, Mods feel free to merge this thread if it’s innapropriate for me to start a new one.

Firstly soome personal news, been chatting (and getting on very well) with a girl in Arkansas, following a skype audio test last night (where we frakked GoT 1x06) while we chatted audio only, I have persuaded this poor girl to watch new BSG with me while we chat about it on skype :smiley:

I’ll gently persuade her to register on the forum too but I’m starting this thread to ponder our thoughts as we go back through the entire series, starting with a marathon 3 hour mini series watch tonight.

For me it’s an excuse to break out the shiny, shiny blu ray set I bought a wee while back and also introduce my friend to a frakking great series, as well as the GWC podcast itself (which, much to my surprise, didn’t begin until series 3 of BSG ho hum :stuck_out_tongue: ).

See you on the flip side.
Phaze
on the “hung over and sleep deprived but will still go to personal trainer in 45 minutes” ID

sounds exciting!

For the record… Phaze has an evil streak. I swear it!! He keeps suggesting these addicting shows for me to try, and now he’s got me on here!!!

Yay!!

//youtu.be/nJmrRpPWj4M

Welcome Pern, what a great way to share BSG. :smiley:

Welcome aboard, and enjoy the ride that is BSG.

Well, as requested, I’m commenting on the pilot, or the 2003 miniseries as it were. Hmmm where to start? At the risk of inflating the head of a certain someone, it was captivating. Phaze and I watched all three hours of the pilot. And, of course, when I say ‘watched’ I mean we were on chat while we both watched it individually. I really don’t know where to begin. Phaze, since I KNOW you will be reading this, just let me say… the verdict is in. I think I might be hooked :stuck_out_tongue: I’m still digesting everything that happened, but I think it’s safe to say that BSG has accquired another fan.

Welcome to the Forum and the BSG fold! You have a lot of company here with regards to the OSSIM that is BSG

So, what do you think about the characters so far? And how did you react to the surprise at the end (or did you already know about it)?

I am jealous of new fans of BSG that just discovered BSG through DVD and Bluerays. Because I suspect watching the show all the way through without year long hiatus will be a very different experience. I am guessing it would be even more shocking and fun, if that’s possible… since it was already very shocking and fun.

Lol well the characters are amazing. I love/hate Gaius, which I think is pretty much the point in his character. He’s sooo selfish, but despite the scumbag he seems to be… I still like him. I knew about the ‘reveal’ at the very end of the pilot, but somehow I had totally forgotten that the reporter guy was a Cylon, so that was great. I do NOT like Six. I admire the way she was written, but there is just something about her that rubs me the wrong way.

I like the different sixes (six’s?) meself, but being a bloke I would say that.

Not getting a big head (although my head thsi morning did feel like an over inflated balloon) and BSG sooo good that the sleep deprivation related podcast I Recorded around noon BST.

Other characters will draw you in, we had a discussion this evening on “our” sharon vs the caprica sharon having watched 33, always for me one of the tensest episodes of season one.

I shall leave pernfann to put her own thoughts on this episode.
Phaze
on the “responding to this thread becuase she told me #underorders” ID

Under orders??? Hee hee hee in the interest of staying on topic, I’m going to turn my attention back to episode “33”. I have to agree, it’s a very tense episode. I firmly stand by my theory that ‘our’ Sharon and the Cylon (whose number I do not yet know) are NOT the same! Of course, I’ve only really SEEN the first episode and the pilot, so I’m inclined to think that Sharon has no idea she is a Cylon. Only time will tell, since Phaze refuses to hee hee hee!

It is always awesome to hear someone watch BSG for the first time. Enjoy it! And if Phaze spoils anything, we’ll dispatch someone to hunt him down. That would be terrible! The tension and suspense is one of the best elements of the show.

No, Phaze won’t spoil anything. He won’t even answer simple questions, for fear of spoiling something for me!! Even if he did, in some alternate reality, spoil something, I’d claim punishment rights for myself lol. After all, shouldn’t the one who was harmed have rights to punishing the transgresser??

A lot of people think that 33 is the best episode in the whole series. I’m not sure if I’d go that far, but definitely top 5.

thisi sfantastic for me, i’m noticing so much more on rewatch, plus it’s deligthful to see BSG, a show i love, thorugh a fresh pair of eyes.

I’t also a great way to get to know someone. we chat through each episode on skyoe (with freqeunt pauses for pernnfan due to frame rate differentials.

I’ll continue to break it down with her as we work our way through the whole thing.
Phaze
on the “of course watching the mini series kept me up until 4:30 am” ID

Laughs Don’t let Phaze fool you, he likes hearing my reactions to things that happen in the episodes. Of course, as long as it’s been since he’s seen it, it’s not like he watched it just last week and is waiting for my reaction to a given moment.

except for frakking game of thrones tomorrow afternoon (for you) evening (for me) then I will be seeing it for the first time and awaiting your every reaction to all moments as they come, alas of course even with GoT I have read the books and am like “have they done this bit ohh yes they HAVE” etc.

We are at the moment in disagreement over caprica sharon vs ship based sharon I say they’[re the same Sharon, PErnnfan disagrees, are such debates the nature of sci fi fandom born. We don’t yet (At one episode in) hav eenough knowledge to know if Caprica shaorn thinks she’s the same one knows she is a cylon and is deciving helo deliberately or what the story is of course I know she’ll read this post and try and read in to it it’s fun leaving vague hints but what I’m trying to recreate is the same questions I has as I Watched the episodes in the first place. Also trying not to look at more than one episode a night if only to give the story and plot details some time ot sink in so my PernnFan can think about what happens and enjoy/be shocked/angered/amused by the reveals as they come along.
Phaze
on the “This will be a journey of discovery for both of us both of our mutual like of BSG and well other stuff” ID

I do NOT like Six. I admire the way she was written, but there is just something about her that rubs me the wrong way.

Is it the killing all humans part? It’s probably the killing all humans.

may I recommend “Death by being Saved” as the perfect punishment?

//youtu.be/igu_7FsXpPs