Am i the only one who lovvvves Green Lantern?

Right now…for my money…the green lantern arc is the best Big story in comics right now.

i mean…you have space cops of all races…a huge universe to explore and have adventure in…both high drama and great humor

but…now…after the insanely good Sinestro corps war…comes

The Blackest Night!!

7 corps…

green…of course

but also yelow…fear

red…rage

orange…greed

violet…love

blue…hope

and indigo…compassion

all at war with one another…and all dupes for what seems to be coming

the black lanterns!!

oh, baby…bring it!

I know it makes me sound like a mental, but Green Lantern is the center of the Silver Age cancer that is creeping over DC Comics.

Old men, writing comics about Old Men, for Old Men.

Green Lantern is a comic that centres on Hal Jordan. Hal Jordan is a psychopathic multiple mass-murderering Paedophile… people tend to forget that.

oooookay…interesting opinion

for the mass murdering part…that was when he was possesed bt Parralax…an entity of fear

the pedophile part counfounds me a bit.

i guess you lost interest when they used more than 4 colors…

So, are you a fan of Dr. Who? Judge Dredd?

Dan Dare?

I love Gl. Especially loved Sinestro Wars

I found that SO insulting, It was akin to Anakin Skywalker dying “good” because he saved Luke and killed the Emperor. Lets just forget about the millions he killed, in the end he did a self-servingly good thing. Parallax is the best excuse Geoff Johns and DC could come up with? Seriously?

Arisia, Hal started dating and sleeping with her when she was 13 (mentally and physically) “She’s old for her age” was the excuse there.

The whole colours thing does bother me, the GL Corps is millions of years old, how come the other colours have only been discovered recently? Honestly though, it was the way they returned Hal Jordan, like I said before, Parallax? Seriously? God didn’t notice Parallax in Hal’s soul when unlimited power was handed to him? Somehow it never occured to Ganthet to mention it?

And the worst thing any Green Lantern book has ever done… making G’nort all 90’s gritty and angsty…

Man, I’m obviously insane having read that… ah well, crazy is as crazy sets fire to postboxes.

I’m a fan of the character and concept, not a massive fan of the re-launched series, there are some fantastic episodes in there, but it’s mostly insanely formulaic.

Am I the only person that’s watched the first episodes of New Dr Who, Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures and noticed that they all share the same plot?

Again, I like the character, but I’ve not read any Dredd since I was around 15, and even then it was all stories by old men, about old men, for old men. Does anyone under 25 even read 2000AD any more? If not it’s a shame, it should be aimed more at kids, get’em nerdy while they’re young.

Not especially, never liked it when Mancunians abandon their accent.

I myself cannot wait for the Blackest night story. DC has released a couple of the Black Lanterns any ideas on who some others might be?

I need to think a little bit about the Hal Jordan/Silver Age/G. Johns comments before I share my 2 cents, I do see both sides.

Pretty much certain:
[spoiler]Earth 2 Superman
Martian Manhunter
Superboy (Conner Kent)
Ronnie Raymond (Ex-Firestorm)
Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) [/Spoiler]

My guesses: Darkstar, Max Lord (the fake one), General Glory, Phantom Lady, Captain Boomerang (Digger Harkness), Crispus Allen (He’s a ghost, his body is still around) Ralph and Sue Dibney (Same) and I think it would be funny if Pa Kent showed up as well.

Agree with all those, and pa Kent is trown around the comic book store all the time! Couldn’t you just see it, Superman shows up to help Hal and Pa turns to Clark and says “You best be getting home and getting your chores done!” AKA: Supermans other Weakness

Well was a fan but never read much of his comics besides when he guest stared in another book in 90s… So if i wanted to catch up and check out some green lantern what Graphic Novels would u suggest?

Also did you hear that DC is going put out a Cartoon Movie for Green Lantern something similar like Superman Doomsday?

Start with Green Lantern: Rebirth, then the Sinestro Wars TBP’s That will be a quick refresher and get you ready for Blackest Night. Pretty much if Geoff Johns is writing it, it’s good.

Thanks I will pick up rebirth this weekend. I have heard good things about Geoff Johns…

Noooooooooo!!!

Well, okay, i begrudgingly admit he’s good at writing what he writes, I personally just find it backward looking and dull, except Booster Gold, I LOVE me some Booster Gold.

ok so this might be a dumb question but who is Booster Gold?
so do you have ay other suggestions for some good green lantern tpb

Booster Gold is a guy who stole load of future technology and travelled back in time to the present day to become rich and powerful by selling his image to the highest bidder and generally being an untrustworthy jerk about it.

[SPOILER] He’s actually the guardian of time and space in the DC Universe, who is just pretending to be an untrustworthy jerk, because if the bad-guys knew what he was really doing, they’d kill him before he was even born [/SPOILER]

As for good Green Lantern books, I really liked “Green Lantern Corps: Recharge”, it’s a good story and has Guy Gardener, the greatest Green Lantern as one of the leads.

thanks I will probably pick up all of them eventually. I have been getting back in comics and like the TPB … So figured I read up on a charcter i liked but never read much about him…

Booster is the best! Just a fun comic.

As far a old guys writing for old guys. Why can’t we have both. What I mean there is plenty of space (yes pun intended) for all gl’s. Frak at one time they were the biggest police and safety corp in the galaxy. I don’t have a problem with there being a younger gl. Especially the way they have done it recently.

That be said Hal Jordan was just too Iconic to be trashed and thrown out the way he was. At the time they did a big FU to the people that had supported them. Thankfully they came to their senses and got a way for him to return.

With all the talk about a GL movie now (THANK YOU CGI!!!). What character are they putting in the lead. Yep Hal Jordan.

And I for one can’t wait.

You don’t enjoy all he’s done with Green Lantern? Really? Weird