About The Doctor Who Forum

First of all, I want to that all you GWCers for getting me into Doctor Who. Yeah, I watched episodes on PBS when I was a kid. But I didn’t really get Doctor Who until I heard so much about it from all of you. It’s a different kind of sci-fi, and a different kind of funny. But it’s a great kind.

Anyway, we now have a forum to discuss. Maybe we’ll even do a season re-watch at some point. Fun?

Yay! Thank you, Chuck, for adding this forum! I just noticed it. I’m thrilled! :slight_smile:

Only a few episodes to go here until the show takes a break for a year!

Just when things are getting good, and with no news on companions …

Gonna be hard for us DW fans! Thanks for starting up the forum here!

Anyway, we now have a forum to discuss. Maybe we’ll even do a season re-watch at some point. Fun?

Wow! It was a nice surprise to see Doctor Who in its own little area. Thanks GWC! I was quite surprised to see how many Doctor Who and BSG cross-over fans there were here. After all, while both Doctor Who and BSG are great they are very very different. But then I love them both – and I can’t be the only one on the planet who does.

Count me as another. I’d always enjoyed a little Who, but recently (after reading some discussion of it here) it really clicked for me, and I’m rapidly becoming a big fan. I await the new eps – just in time for them to be gone – and find myself able to both laugh at (sometimes) and feel personally attached to the story at the same time. Isn’t that one of the things that makes Who so special? :slight_smile:

Definately time for a rewatch then. Or you can go classic if you don’t mind wobbley sets.

– and find myself able to both laugh at (sometimes) and feel personally attached to the story at the same time. Isn’t that one of the things that makes Who so special? :slight_smile:

Agreed. You can’t take things too seriously when you watch DW – which is part of the fun. It’s meant to be a tiny bit camp. The fact I can watch it with my kids adds bonus points.

Thanks Chuck! Can this be the forum for Torchwood as well since Torchwood is in the same verse as DW

I got some catching up to do. I’ve got the Season 3, Disc 1 DVD of (new) Doctor Who, I’m ready to plow through Season 3. However, I have seen a couple Season 4 eps, cuz I kept the TV on after watching BSG the past couple months.

What will we do about spoilers? I think the Brits are several episodes ahead of Sci Fi Channel, where I catch the show. I’m a little hesitant to read this forum, lest I be spoiled.

I think most people are pretty good. I try to limit this seasons spoilers to episode discussions and from what I can see most people are on the US time line for watching. But I know what you mean. I was behind on Torchwood reading and bumped into a give away of the season finale in a rather odd spot. Grrrr.

Awesome! Thanks, Chuck! {{{{HUG}}}}

A Who re-watch would be great!

I’m not. As there is no SciFi channel in Korea, all my good tv comes from… alternate means. So I am up to date with the Brits (or at most a day or two behind).

So I just purchased seasons 1-4 of Dr Who and am towards the end of season one. I had only previously seen the pilot episode (way back in 2004 before it actually aired - someone had a bootleg copy at a convention in south florida).

I must say that I’m rapidly becoming a huge fan.

Dr who is a great show, and they are really good at using old information again. pay attention to everything, as it might become inportant in future story lines.

BLINK is my all time fav episode…

Blink may be one of the four or five best sci-fi television episodes, EVER. Great story, a rational explanation for the convoluted nature of Dr. Who time-travel (and its consequences), Joss-esque dialogue and banter, great acting …

And the Lonely Angels. Gotta be one of the creepiest baddies ever.

I just went and read a synopsis of the episode and now I can’t wait to watch it!!!

Blink is fantastic. You may not want to watch it right before you go to sleep. I have watched DW (sorry that seems strange since I live near Disney World) on PBS long time ago. I saw season one on DVD. No DW now and only a few shows this year does not make me happy.

Have any of the new season shown any place? I saw the Christmas special but nothing more.

Blink was good but scared the craaaaaaaap out of me.

But I’m glad I’m not the only person who rapidly became a Who fan :slight_smile:

Just ordered seasons 1 and 2 of Torchwood - I Heart Captain Jack!!!

I’ve watched episode 1 only (season 1). But I got episodes 2,3 and 4 queued and ready. I’m intrigued.
You know the woman on the Torchwood team who shoots you-know-who it the first episode? I’m going crazy trying to figure out what I’ve seen that actresss in before.