5 Reasons it Sucks Being a Joss Whedon fan

His name is Nien Nunb you poozer

Do you mean Chuck Norris?

And he’s from Sullust, I know I’m nein n00b to Star Wars. hehe. See what I did there?

I guess it’s funnier when you say mumble mouth than when you type mumble mouth.

Err… Yeah. My Season 2 SCC set arrived today…

Look, I am proudly a Whedon Whore. I’ve watched most of what the guy has done. I’ve enjoyed most of it. That’s right, not all of it. But, I don’t think that article was in any way balanced or unbiased. I actually have so much to say about this that I don’t even know where to start.

Let’s just say I disagree with nearly point the soryBarbhat made.

(And that’s not to say he was WRONG… For example, to me, his point #5 is not a negative…)

sorryBarbhat LMFAO. :smiley:

Hell, Harrison Ford wanted them to kill off Han. I’ll need to see if I can find the quote somewhere

I was about to say, “She’s become the Rifleman?”

Yeah, my mutant power is that I often foul up good jokes.

yeah, this might actually work. Summer can pull off glamorous too even though she doesn’t play those roles often so far. Besides, movies these days are so about reimagining, whats wrong with a animal activist that’s a little bit geek shy girl? Heck they made catwoman black.

Eartha Kitt, dude.

well to me it seems just like a way to get traffic to there site with sensationalism, i guess it worked; i mean I feel a little used right now. Although its not to say Whedon is perfect; just saying there are much worse creators of shows to go after…

yes, but in most comics, and the first tv catwoman weren’t. just saying they can consider a more animal activist looking animal activist next time.

If you’re into Two and a Half Men, avoid Pajiba.com like the plague! :wink:

I could stand NOT to see Catwoman in a Batman film. She was never my favorite member of the rogues gallery. But Summer Glau as Catwoman, that I might like to see…

yeah, I never liked Catwoman from the TV or movies either. With one exception… BTAS 1992, catwoman was great in that.

I’m glad to see the BSG actors getting parts… I like Dollhouse, I liked Firefly and Serenity, I liked a lot of Alien 4 ( pretty much everything EXCEPT the alien/human hybrid), I didnt know until recently that Buffy wasn’t just a show for children and Angel a show teenage girls… so bare with me.

All this being said, why is Joss a sacred cow? He has made a few good shows, but he isn’t that great is he? I thnk the article was a little mean, but it made a valid few points.

It’s like I might tell a girl that I don’t approve of her morals… i don’t have to scream “whore” and make her wear an A on her chest.

But remeber this… if Joss were so great, wouldn’t he be more successful?

That would be saying all great people are successful and all people who aren’t great are not, which we know isn’t true.

no, but all great writers and tv producers and directors are.

that is the measure of greatenss… if nobody likes what the produce, or they aren’t politicaly savy enough to make sure that it get’s marketed…and viewed, then they truely aren’t great.

If he can’t MAKE his show profitable enough to continue, then he isn’t the total package. He might just be a decent to good writer with an eye for casting, but not have the crucial inter personal skills that it takes in order to make people ( bussiness contacts) trust in him and help him be successful. That ability to succeed is the difference between wasted talent and true greatness.

Saying that he is great ( even thou he seems to be failing time and time again) is no different than my mom saying my brother is smart… but he is 26, has never left home, doesn’t have a botfriend, has never held a job and has no education and doesn’t read. She is just picking out a test score ( or in Joss’s case a show from 5 or 6 years ago) and useing that one attribute to award him the title “smart” ( or “great”, in Joss’s case) when he really only has one of the many pre-requisite pieces of the pie in order to really deserve the title.

That’s one view to determine if someone is great. But the flaw of that is you are never ahead of the curve in realizing greatness, since you on;y judge greatness by the end result. Which is a very big disadvantage when it comes to decision making. It might not be a “great” model for evaluating greatness.