#305: Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

We tackle the 80s time travel classic in style, giving it the geek cred recognition it so richly deserves. We note some significant trek connections. We talk about Bill and Ted’s untainted honesty, focus, and ability to grow without change. We discuss standards of beauty and Bill’s uncanny resemblance to some famous art. We note that inflation affects more than cash. And we run down the week in geek, including incredibly new BBC Sherlock, Sean’s Arkham City experiences, more ME3 news, and Chuck and Audra’s recent viewing of Thor.

Direct Download
Blog Post

Great minds think alike! I’m glad you guys are watching Bill & Ted again. I guess the saddess part about Shooter Jr’s viewing last year (see linked post below) was when we were done with both he asked me if there was anymore. I had to tell him that no more Bill & Ted movies existed and that there could not be any more produced with Rufus (RIP Mr. Carlin).

http://forum.galacticwatercooler.com/showthread.php?14734-304-New-Year-s-News&p=400568&viewfull=1#post400568

Does anyone have any current info on the possible 3rd Bill & Ted movie rumored to be released in 2013?

~Shooter Out

regarding Sean’s “fan of cleavage” remark :slight_smile:

//youtu.be/XTw1lzxTAis

Well…there WAS the cartoon series :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Available on Netflix Instant Watch. :wink:

No comments on Jim Kirk’s dad making out with Luke Skywalker’s mom during the Thor segment? :stuck_out_tongue:

It was hot? :stuck_out_tongue:

When I heard that crack about Tulsa being known for art and music more than Dallas I was all “Oh, what the HELL?!” Tulsa’s pretty dang cool, but we’re just trying to be Austin, really. :wink:

Or Kirk’s dad and Leia’s mom. That would give William Shatner and Carrie Fisher something interesting to discuss.

Chuck, there isn’t much between Orlando and Bithlo any more. I actually live about 6 miles away from Bithlo and have an Orlando address.

Another interesting sci-fi connection, Don Shor who was Billy the Kid was also Ram in Tron.

An outstanding podcast, my most excellent friends.

I loved Bill and Ted films when I was growing up, as well as the similar Waynes World. If you get the chance, I also recommend Air Heads from the 90’s, as that has an equal air of dedicated honesty to the alt.crowds. However, it is Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure that I love most. I found Bogus Journey to be a good movie, but only reached the excellence of the previous movie when they started playing Twister with death. Genius. Oh, and watch the credits, as their story continues. “I never knew I could run so fast”…

Apologies for having been missing from the forums for a while, but it was been a busy year for me with moving house, having no.2 come along, and writing…

Sean mentioned that Bill and Ted have the ability to change the world like kids. I submit another person in a movie just like Bill and Ted is Dave Kovic (Kevin Kline) from the 1993 film “Dave.” Dave sticks to his ideals of changing things one person at a time in this heart-warming tale with scifi legend Sigorney Weaver. If you haven’t seen it THIS IS A MUST SEE! RIGHT NOW! GO WATCH IT! You will thank me later. Seriously.

~Shooter Out

I second Shooter’s recommendation…Dave is a wonderful movie!

Dave. I’ll third that! And the motion passes. One of those movies that leaves you with a very warm place in your heart.

Featuring Sigourney Weaver and Ben Kingsley, no less. Swell flick!

I may own in on Laserdisc, in fact.

“Hail to the chief / He’s the one we all say ‘hail’ to / We call him chief 'cause he keeps himself so clean / He’s got the power / Because he’s in the shower.”

Wondering if anyone has noticed something. Rufus = Phone Booth / Doctor Who = Call Box…coincidence? Hmmmmmm. :wink:

In a similar vein to Bill, Ted, Wayne & Garth (Schwing!); anybody remember what was that Brendan Fraser movie where his rock band took over a radio station in order to get airplay?

I remember Brendan griping that the only people who showed up for his band’a gigs were “other bands & their girlfriends”. Being 16 & in a Metallica-cover band in 1994, I could totally relate.

The best bit was the ending where the band played Motorhead’s “Born to raise hell” in prison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh an “Airheads” reference … nice, nice.

//youtu.be/PLkPuu2PAzM