#268: Geek Nostalgia, Ian Chisholm/Clear Skies 3

that. is. awesome!

Epic!

Also, your little one is a cutie! LOVE his hair.

Cool. Now if only Joss Whedon would read my comments from the Buffy and Angel Frak parties, I’ll be a made man.

Since I have now become a Muse, I think I’ll need some flowing robes, and a trumpet. (And maybe breasts.) But we’ll see if I get into the credits for CS 3as “Provided a small comment that we just had to respond to…”. :smiley:

More likely, you’ll be someoned in big bold letters. (:

Similar story for me. I saw this movie with my father and my brother (who is seven years older than me.) They didn’t understand it and they didn’t like it. I loved it. It was after watching TRON that I realized I was somehow different. They were (and often still are) my male role models. After TRON, I came to understand that we wouldn’t always like the same things and that some things that might make sense to me, they just wouldn’t “get.” It was a few more years before I could actually understand what this difference was and what it meant.

A great chat with Ian and I’ve just watched Clear Skies for the very first time, really enjoyed it but it’s a medium I’ve kinda let fall by the way side since the early Quake movies and Red versus Blue first steps.
Just grabbed Clear Skies 2 and off to watch that now:)

Major Dwight Smiley.

giggle

I kind of feel sorry for kids these days, when I was a kid comics were 15 cents. In other words; they were affordable. And so I grew up reading them, and they fueled my imagination and inspired my art. Even when I was a teenager comics were still affordable, though filled with many more ads to offset the cost.

I don’t see how a young person today can afford a comics habit… Hell it is hard to even for me as an adult to purchase trades on a regular basis much less follow a title issue by issue.

I fear youth will never know the joy of following the adventures of their favorite superheroes the way things are going, at least not in print. Maybe comics will leap onto the ipad or some other medium, maybe people will subscribe again, only now their issues will be sent electronically instead of arriving in your mailbox or in your nook at the comics store.

sorry, just an old man rambling… sorry.

FWIW, a lot of library systems will now support the young’uns’ comics habit. The DC and Montgomery County library systems both have extensive comics, manga and graphic novels collections.

Cool! Nice to know… :slight_smile:

I’ve just updated my Sig to celebrate this podcast and what it means to me. :cool:

G-Force (1970s cartoon space epic, not the recent gerbil movie) is the epitome example of art that I loved at the time and recall as being the most affecting, epic space opera ever. But I very strongly suspect it won’t have aged well, so I’m content to leave it in my memory.

Fun 'cast. Shooter rocks it! As does Juan. And Sean. And Chuck. And Audra. And…

You know you don’t have to justify liking Jem - She truly is outrageous! :slight_smile:

Speaking of nostalgia, it doesn’t matter how much I loved Tron: Legacy, Jem means one thing to me, and one thing only:

//youtu.be/20BZID081Vk

Glad to see you agree, BishopMontanha.

Lol, so I’ve had to explain this a few times here these last few weeks so let me put it down here so you guys can, at the very least, yell at me for the right reason. Ok so in 268 I said this:

“I don’t know if I’ve ever sat around and went ‘I really want to be involved with a real complex woman.’”

Now there seems to have been a bomb in that sentence that women react violently to. From Audra on the cast, to others in email, a few tweets, and the occasional PM. So let me try and clear up what I meant here.

• Complex does not mean smart: for some reason there seems to be a leap here that one equals the other.

• Several emails start a conversation in mid stride that seem to refer to a relationship we don’t have as if I was talking about them personally.
    A: I was not talking about you: I don’t know you, and therefore was not speaking directly to you.

• 2nd favorite response “Complex women are great, we feel one way one minute and a complete different way another. You just can’t handle it.”
    A: I believe that’s what I said isn’t it?

• My absolute favorite retort was “You’re just afraid of commitment”
    A: [giggle] huh? My wife of 12 years will be surprised to hear that.

Here’s what I’m thinking with that stuff… complex, for me, is the “having parts so interconnected as to make the whole perplexing” section of the definition. Perplexing is not something I look for in a mate, isn’t right or wrong, just how I am. Hope that makes a little sense to all those that have had issue with that statement :slight_smile:

Just what do you mean you’re not talk not talking about me, don’t know me and of course you’re talking directly to me. Bwahahaha!

Oh man! What a can of worms you opened with one word. I just figured by complex you meant high maintenance with loads of emo baggage. :slight_smile:

That also fits with my “not-complex” lifestyle preference ma’am :slight_smile:

Mine too. :wink:

looks at watch

hmm … I got to go see about the thing … with the guy … in the place.

orders a ticket for Oceanic Airlines 815 to Belize

this could get messy :slight_smile:

The Sean [not] apology hour