#256: Artificial Intelligence, Part I

We launch into our AI arc by asking the question: What is artificial intelligence? And we run down the week in geek, including Captain America’s not-so-American release name in some countries, some new news about a possible Black Panther movie, the life, times, and downfall of the Comics Code Authority, and Kate Mulgrew’s comments re: the arrival of Seven of Nine.

Direct Download
Blog Post

Whooo-hoo…time to holler at my MP3 player!! :smiley:

Ah, so you’re the one he’s been talking to all this time.

Just starting the cast and on the Captain America Front there is a black Captain America. Is name is Isaiah Bradley and was a test subject use to recreate the original Steve Rogers.

And I so agree with Sigourney Weaver. Check this out :

The comic book code was put in place in 1954 after the publication of the book Seduction of Innocent by Fredric Wertham. It changed the face of comics for decades. Batman became more campy then ever and started to have more stories with aliens, animals and weird sci-fy story.
The book is kind of an interesting reading if your in morality history.

Note to self : Wait until the cast is over before posting :stuck_out_tongue:

Great cast as always!

The problem with designing artificial intelligence is two-fold: what is “self awareness” and Moravec’s paradox. For instance, is self awareness contingent on abstraction?

Only 18 minutes into the 'cast

1. Yeah I was one of the welsey snipes mentioners on Twitter, it should be cool to see who they cast, but I agree they need a good leaner guy to play BP. Although I’m reading New Exiles, and the original BP was killed and a woman has took his place.

2. Black characters off the top of my head (without looking)

My main man - Bishop
Synch (He’s dead though)
M
War Machine
Hal Jordons GL buddy ( I forget the name)
Blade
Black Panther
Storm
Forge (although isn’t he more native american than black - and yes this is me being picky and not to sure).
Cloak
Power Man

Just have to say that I think I’m going to like this cast, I studied A.I at university…did quite well in it.

GL is John Stewart. btw

Also on a black Norse God. I mean. Have they SEEN the warriors 3? One’s Errol Flynn, the other’s a Mongol, and the third is a fat Norse dude!

And they’re AWESOME

When the crue was talkign about Black Panther…I always thot that Isaiah Mustafa could play him…but he was wants to be Power Man anyway, so, he is def a Marvel fan

//youtu.be/owGykVbfgUE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGykVbfgUE

There’s also Spawn, which was the most popular title in the nineties.

As far as I’m concerned, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005023/ Djimon Hounsou is Black Panther.

Had not even thot of him–we would be awesome

If we are going to make Wonder Woman campy then we should do so with Black Panther too. Following that approach there is only one choice for Black Panther:

[LEFT]This would so rule.[/LEFT]

On the subject of AI, it reminded me of the article I read on a group doing the Turing test…

…on a twinkee. Twinkee Turing Test

Enjoy.

interesting choice-- but, I think Gary Coleman is unavailable…

Bwahahaha…yeah like eternally unavailable. RIP Gary.

Big Spawn fan here as well sir.

Also, a bit off topic but I’ve been a Todd McFarlane fan since '96. He’s got a great style and I have always loved the way he approached making characters… plus his work on Venom is nothing short of brilliant.

Speaking of the best decisisons for us, there was a limited run comic that came out over I’d say the last six months called Supergod by Warren Ellis. It was about different countries creating super heroes and how it would affect things. Well India makes a super hero who can control inatimate objects and they ask him to save India. Well…that goes poorly.

Essentially he starts killing the populace and destroying buildings in order to save the environment and India. As it spreads beyond India though other countries take action and send their super heroes against them, or their super heroes go rogue and go after him on their own.

Turns out [spoiler]He (I think his name was Krishna) safeguards the Indian populace and the destruction of buildings are used to build machines to scrub the air and water. But that doesn’t even work out cause of the super hero conflicts. [/spoiler]

read this–really liked it…considering how depressing it was…

:eek:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/31/csi-william-petersen-return/

…there are many copies :eek:

I loved it too. Plus the art was amazing, I want a poster of

[spoiler]The splash page of the flying Cthulhu made of bodies[/spoiler]