#252: 2010 Wrap-Up

We take a moment to look back of the year that was and look forward to the year to come, joined in-studio by GWC Tech guru Juan and long-time GWCer Shooter.

Direct Download
Blog Post

It’s almost worth going back to work for the commute and the extra hour a day I get to listen to podcasts because I’ve got way behind over the holidays so off to make my CD mp3 compilation with #252 on it.
:slight_smile:

Great cast! Good to hear The Juan and Shooter too!

Excelent show as always. I listen to your podcast twice just so I don’t miss anything.
To all GWCers Have A Happy New Year.

May The Great Bird of the Galaxy smile on this new year and we all find peace, prosperity, and bacon.

Happy New Year to you too Star Raven…and welcome to the forum!

I’ve really enjoyed the directionless podcasts. You should do them more often.

Hey Adam, this week’s CarCast was awesome. Just wondering if you recommend VV341 or VV322 for the fluid change on my S-10 ?

:wink:

Welcome both Star Raven and Tarrasque!! Enjoy yourselves! Lots to see here!

And happy birthday too!

Here are a few pics I took at the Tron Store…

Great Podcast as always guys!!! Happy New Years to everyone! I’m excited for the New Year with all of you!

I won’t speak for Sean, but this is the Robotech animated movie I was referring to in the podcast. Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles.

~Shooter Out

This has come up in discussion before as awesome Friend of GWC Chase Masterson voices one of the main characters. :slight_smile:

All Jeff Bridges fans gotta gotta gotta go see True Grit.

Yeah, I saw True Grit as well. Really good Audra, I think you would like it.

I just wanted to throw something out there in regards to the news story about Comic-Con movies flopping. If they really take a look at it, I think what they will find is that spending all of their advertising budget on Comic-Con is really the waist. Making a showing at Comic-Con is kinda like preaching to the choir. These are the people who are probably going to the movie one way or the other.

The one major success on the list was Avatar, which not only had a presence at SDCC, but was a media blitz otherwise. you couldn’t watch a talk show leading up to Avatar without seeing someone who took part in the movie. The other movies listed blew most of their advertising budget at SDCC, not informing people who weren’t already familiar with the source material about the movie.

If the powers that be are smart (50/50 at best) what you should se is a change in how SDCC is used to market the films.

Maybe I just missed this, but did you say what the next arc is?

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

I’m about 1/2 way through the cast, about the Time Passage in the Grid thing. Unless i’m wrong they said 1 milicycle = 8 hours. So, if “milli” means 1/1000 then 1 Cycle should be 8000 hours and 1000 Cycles (the time that Clu has been hunting Flynn) would be [8000x1000=8,000,000 Hours] or [333,333.333 Days/47,619.048 Weeks/ 10,989.011 Months /915.75 Years]
Assuming given numbers of 24 Hours in a Day, 365 Days in a Year, and 52 Weeks in a Year, and yes I know it doesn’t account for Leap Years, but suck it.

So, anyway, when Sam says “It’s been a long time” and Kevin says “Longer than you know”, he’s been stuck in The Grid for approx. 915.75 Years :eek:

EDIT: Unless you figured that out later in the cast and I just didn’t hear that part yet. In that case ::smoke bomb:: ::vanish::

Word! I had a total weekend of Bridges with True Grit followed by Tron Legacy and I just wanted to immediately quit my life and follow him around doing his chores and basking in his awesomeness.